IGNORED

2020 MLB Thread

Bearcat-Doug

On 7/23/2020 at 8:31 PM, BriGuy82 said:

Whatever it is, I'm sure it could probably kill you. None of that shit is good for your heart. 

All these fatty deep fried heavily salted snacks can't be good for your heart either! 😄

Edited by Estil
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Ausden said:

Watching the Sox v Twins last night and my wife wanted me to feel like I was there so she came into the room and yelled “beer here” followed by charging me $20.00 for a beer. 

I felt like I was sitting right there in the stands folks.

So she was doing just like this song? 😄  Though in your case there'll be Saturday afternoon baseball, on TV, above the bar! 😄 

• Haha 1

Say, we gotta have the "national anthem" of baseball going on here right?  See how many 80s players/historic events you can name in this video?  I'll post some of the answers in a few days...if you're nice to me. 🙂 

PS: At 4:45 was my favorite player growing up 🙂 

Edited by Estil

6 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

The Reds bullpen is back to imploding just like last year. Hopefully they get it straightened out since they can't try to work it out over a few weeks with the short season.

Would going up north and getting this guy help? 😄 

And wouldn't this guy be just perfect for your starting rotation? 😄 

Don'tcha just miss good ol' Riverfront Stadium?

Edited by Estil

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, Estil said:

The heck is an "over/under"?  Is that one of those weird sabermetrics things?

Gambling talk for how many runs are scored in a game (or points in a game for football).

So if the over/under is 10.5, if you bet the under you need the combined score to be 10 or less.

6 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Gambling talk for how many runs are scored in a game (or points in a game for football).

So if the over/under is 10.5, if you bet the under you need the combined score to be 10 or less.

And this helps your team in the standings how?

1 hour ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Who gives a shit.  If it wasn't for gambling I don't think several sports would be as popular as they are.

Well considering they haven't made the "Final Four" since 1995 I think they'd like very much to finish at the top of the division and not have to worry about that stupid wild card game gimmick. 😛 

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

It makes the Reds games less painful to watch. It worked for Pete Rose!

What year did he get inducted in the HOF?  I forget...

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, Estil said:

Well considering they haven't made the "Final Four" since 1995 I think they'd like very much to finish at the top of the division and not have to worry about that stupid wild card game gimmick. 😛 

Who's "they" and what Final Four?

3 hours ago, Estil said:

What year did he get inducted in the HOF?  I forget...

They expanded the playoffs this year to 8 teams from each league, so basically any team with a .500 or better record should get in.

2 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

They expanded the playoffs this year to 8 teams from each league, so basically any team with a .500 or better record should get in.

That's only a temporary thing like 1981 MLB and 1982 NFL though (which is probably where they got this idea from)

9 hours ago, Estil said:

That's only a temporary thing like 1981 MLB and 1982 NFL though (which is probably where they got this idea from)

I wouldn't be surprised if they make the expanded playoffs permanent and shorten the regular season. Actually, I would bet that's exactly what they are going to do moving forward. 

13 minutes ago, BriGuy82 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they make the expanded playoffs permanent and shorten the regular season. Actually, I would bet that's exactly what they are going to do moving forward. 

I would be on board with that. The last two months of the season are usually when the playoff teams start pulling away, so a 100 game season would likely be just right to keep things interesting.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug