IGNORED

2020 MLB Thread

Bearcat-Doug

what smoking gun? some random deleted twitter account. Baseball already said they found no evidence of it. Still the biggest question. If players are wearing wires wouldnt teammates know not to rip their jerseys off? Sick of this hit job. MLB knows to make this story go away they have to pin it all on one team and let that spotlight fester and make 1 team the enemy  even though there is so much evidence video sign stealing was league wide. Prior to 2019 there wasnt even a rule against having live feed cameras, but if we are going to punish teams with things prior to it being a rule violation then you need to go league wide because its everywhere.

Edited by Quest4Nes

9 hours ago, BriGuy82 said:

There's other things that buzz as well, if you know what I'm saying. Someone should make a meme of that. 

I guess you didn't get the Home Improvement reference (the episode where Jill keeps driving with the oil light on because she also expected a buzzer or something)

9 hours ago, Quest4Nes said:

yea, when there is no evidence and you are talking about ruining someones career.

I know your trying to get under my skin, but Im not an idiot. You know all about your trump conspiracy theories when it comes to your politics.

Ive seen/heard clear evidence of banging when a change up is thrown. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/houston-astros-cheating-scandal-10-things-we-learned-from-mlbs-nine-page-investigative-report/amp/

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/astros-video-sign-stealing-allegations-2017

Im not going to speak about the WS, but the evidence is there.

BTW you called it a witch hunt, not me 🙂

Im not trying to get under your skin, I just take issue with the defense of “witch hunt” and “hit job”  just take your L and move on .

• 6 months later...
6 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Opening day is this week. Is anyone excited for a 60 game season? Will they actually play all 60 games? As much as I enjoy baseball, I'm having a tough time getting fired up for this.

I just hope we don't end up where they only make it to 5-10 games and then have to call the rest off 😞 

3 minutes ago, Estil said:

I just hope we don't end up where they only make it to 5-10 games and then have to call the rest off 😞 

That's kind of what I'm worried about. If some team has a half dozen sick players, are they supposed to run out a team of backups when there are only 60 games as is?

3 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

That's kind of what I'm worried about. If some team has a half dozen sick players, are they supposed to run out a team of backups when there are only 60 games as is?

Oh please don't remind me of any suggestion of replacement players like we nearly got in 1995 *shudders*

Remember how the NFL had to use replacement officials and we ended up with such gems as...

I mean I know we don't want 12 men in a huddle but isn't this penalty a bit much? 😄  

Edited by Estil

7 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

With all of the games that Reds get to play against the Pirates, Tigers, White Sox and Royals, they should finally be able to get back to the playoffs.

Happy 30th anniversary to the 1990 champs!  At least you didn't end up like the Buccaneers who three peated as division champs in 1990-92 and in the last two years just barely missed going to the World Series...and then ended up with twenty straight losing seasons.

Edited by Estil

3 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

If they win it this year, it still counts. At least the playoff format is still the same.

Trust me, you do NOT want to know how it was done for the NFL in 1982, who lost almost half the season from a player strike.

6 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

If they win it this year, it still counts. At least the playoff format is still the same.

I don't suppose you were there for the 70s Big Red Machine?  You know, us and Joe B Hall did pretty darn well for ourselves too, we won the championship 1978, runner-up in 1975, and NIT champs (back when it was still a semi-decent thing) in 1976...we're still the only school with multiple NCAA (8) and NIT (2) titles.

Just now, Estil said:

I don't suppose you were there for the 70s Big Red Machine?  You know, us and Joe B Hall did pretty darn well for ourselves too, we won the championship 1978, runner-up in 1975, and NIT champs (back when it was still a semi-decent thing) in 1976...we're still the only school with multiple NCAA (8) and NIT (2) titles.

I'm not quite that old, but Fox Sports Ohio was airing the 1975 and 1976 World Series games earlier this year.

3 minutes ago, Ausden said:

Friday night cannot come fast enough. This is going to be great. Sweet Home Chicago!

I do love your theme song!  And this year marks 30 years since the last season at old Comiskey; I wish you guys had found a way to save it to go with Wrigley as historic places but your owner at the time just had to throw a tantrum threatening to move to St. Petersburg if he didn't get his new stadium. 😛 

And I guess the North Siders can't be left out...

That reminds me, are there people in Chicago who are fans of both teams ("Chicago is Chicago") or is it like Democrat or Republican, you're either one or the other, you can't be both?  What would say would be the ratio of those two groups?

Boy I do miss old Comiskey. Saw my first baseball game with my uncle when I was 7 at the old park before it was torn down.

As far as fandom, it’s normally north side versus south side but there are times when families are split like mine. Funny how a town can be so civil and brotherly when it comes to the Bears, Bulls, and Blackhawks; but absolutely lose it and almost go to war when it comes to baseball. 

Side note, I do wish the Sox would make theirs 80’s uniforms standard. I like that color scheme and logo so much more.

2 hours ago, Estil said:

Were you there for Disco Demolition Night? 😄  And I too only like DK Jr Math and Stack Up to complete my Black Box Thirty set...but it's cart only.

Before my time by a few years; thank goodness.

can you believe how much they are going for??? Especially compared to the rest of the black box set