IGNORED

2020 MLB Thread

Bearcat-Doug

We'll see if ol' "Spend Nutting, Win Nutting's" off-season managerial and front office changes actually equate to a playoff series win. I'm not holding my breath, but it'd be nice to hear about the successes of players who didn't mostly wear pillbox hats during their careers. Reynolds did really well for us last year and Newman and Bell are both still cheap as dirt, so hopefully we can leverage that into something next season.

2 hours ago, The Count said:

The Twins still need starting pitching, since like 2005, but the bats are alive. Figure losing Cron, Pineda, and Castro though. Possibly Gordon, Lewis, and Kiriilloff to make the roster as soon as team control kicks in.

Yep, they are going to stike out on free agents as per usual and we will hear a bunch about how they really tried!

16 minutes ago, The Count said:

Supposedly we were in the mix for Wheeler, but I don't know how serious that rumor is.

"In the mix" meaning that they offered 5yr/100 million when he accepted 5yr/118 million.  So yeah,  "they tried", knowing their offer wouldn't cut it. 

7 hours ago, B.A. said:

"In the mix" meaning that they offered 5yr/100 million when he accepted 5yr/118 million.  So yeah,  "they tried", knowing their offer wouldn't cut it. 

The Reds were supposedly up there too. I don't know why. They must be desperate to spend that money they don't owe Homer Bailey anymore since now they are rumored to be making a run at Madison Bumgarner, when they have a solid rotation and a mess of a bullpen when their closer led MLB relievers in losses.

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Quest4Nes said:

Its nice to know wade miley was just tipping pitches in september and now hes gone. Dude was dominant all year. I knew it had to be a tipping pitches or hidden injury. As your 5th starter, you could do sooo much worse.

The Reds have his pitching coach from Milwaukee and he knows he was tipping pitches, so if they can get him back on track, a 5th starter that could win 15 games isn't bad. My worries are more about the bullpen that was terrible last year. They could still add an outfield bat after signing Moose. The NL Central looks open and finally the Reds seem like they are going all in.

Red Sox 2015, the infamous "5 Aces" season anchored by Clay Buchholtz. Dugout tantrums, insubordination coupled with the viciousness of Boston sports media. Odds are he just melted under the extremely high standards Boston athletes are put on by the fans. We are also a very unforgiving bunch. We are still sore about Pablo Sandoval and Carl Crawford. Don't even get me started on Daisuke Matsuzaka! Being an important part of one world series team will not earn you forgiveness for 3 years of dogging it, playing poorly, and eating salary. Hell, Boston fans are clamoring for Pedroia to retire so we dont have to start hating him too!

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty pissed the owner fired them. Especially after reading the report about them. Had to be mlb forced under the table. You dont fire the best gm in baseball without being made too.

Cora better get 10 fold. Red sox already a repeat offender. Somehow the yankees do the same stuff with their yes network and get a slap on the wrist. Few players even speak about it because the ones that do talk about how everyteam electronically steal signs and its an accepted thing. Astros just get thrown under the bus for it. Logan Morrison said he has first hand accounts of the dodgers and yankees doing the same thing. 

Also how does beltran get away scott free? Mlb doesnt want to go against the players union. If the commissioner really felt the need to do sonething about this he would punish players. He wants the story to go away so astros and cora made the scapegoat of something every mlb does.

Edited by Quest4Nes

John Henry and Tom Werner are PR guys. I guarantee you Cora is gone. I would be shocked if he's not. 

Personally I think the whole thing is overblown. The response to sign stealing is more extreme than it was to steroids. Suspended for a year? Are you kidding me? Couldn't have even started for a month? 2 first rounders and 5 mil from the organization? Jesus Christ!

As a Sox fan I'll just appreciate what we got. We are about to get boned for half a decade. Dombrowski sold the farm and MLB is about to strip away our ability to build it back. Would Chaim even have come on board if he knew this was about to go down?