IGNORED

2020 MLB Thread

Bearcat-Doug

1 hour ago, Ausden said:

No question he will be a mega star. The guy is freak of nature athletically.

Btw, I’ll be happy to take one of his cards off your hand should you get duplicates

Ok np, I'll keep you in mind. Man, imagine if you guys didn't trade tatis jr, you'd be loaded. 😉

10 minutes ago, doner24 said:

This made me run out to Target to look for some Chrome, zero Licensed Baseball on the shelf, but hit the motherload in Basketball. Each Hanger Box is going for over $80 on eBay ($10 each) and each Cello around $35 ($5 each)! 

47352D97-367C-465C-BA15-2A926469D7E8.jpeg

I haven't seen a single basketball card this year. I saw a group of 3 young guys flipping out at a target manager for letting someone wipe them out in one shot. That led to the target posting the 2 boxes per customer sign.... which people just bypass by going to self checkout.

Moderator · Posted
6 minutes ago, BriGuy82 said:

I haven't seen a single basketball card this year. I saw a group of 3 young guys flipping out at a target manager for letting someone wipe them out in one shot. That led to the target posting the 2 boxes per customer sign.... which people just bypass by going to self checkout.

This is the first stuff I’ve seen all year in Minnesota. I found a couple cello packs of Prizm in San Diego in January. Opened them up and hit a red white and blue refractor of Zion! Still need to send it in for grading. 

• Wow! 1

Moderator · Posted
17 hours ago, doner24 said:

This made me run out to Target to look for some Chrome, zero Licensed Baseball on the shelf, but hit the motherload in Basketball. Each Hanger Box is going for over $80 on eBay ($10 each) and each Cello around $35 ($5 each)! 

47352D97-367C-465C-BA15-2A926469D7E8.jpeg

The hangers sold for $80 each within a minute of listing them 😯 

• Wow! 1

13 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I seriously need to go look. This isn't a NBA market, so basketball cards normally aren't a big seller around here.

Good luck with that. The price of flipping those basketball cards has every resellers attention irregardless of the market. They are making triple off of everything. I'm sure the employees are nabbing them left and right too.

4 minutes ago, BriGuy82 said:

Good luck with that. The price of flipping those basketball cards has every resellers attention irregardless of the market. They are making triple off of everything. I'm sure the employees are nabbing them left and right too.

It doesn't hurt to check, but I'm usually unmotivated to navigate Target or Wal Mart on my way home.

22 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm sure I would. I've had better luck finding stuff early in the morning. That's how I got a NES and SNES Classic Edition at launch. I actually played mine instead of flipping them on ebay.

I went to target on my lunch break today. There was a line of 8 people waiting for the stock person to put out the cards. For a second I almost went over to see what they were putting out, but then I thought, I'm not that desperate. It was all young guys and their girlfriends standing behind the guy trying to put out the boxes.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, BriGuy82 said:

I went to target on my lunch break today. There was a line of 8 people waiting for the stock person to put out the cards. For a second I almost went over to see what they were putting out, but then I thought, I'm not that desperate. It was all young guys and their girlfriends standing behind the guy trying to put out the boxes.

That's crazy. I might check it out Wal Mart and/or Target tomorrow. 

Administrator · Posted
On 8/13/2020 at 2:10 PM, Bearcat-Doug said:

Yeah, but it's reliable. If you call in the morning, they can let you know if a delivery is coming in that day so you can get there first!

The Target I checked today had a sign that they were keeping all Bowman and Panini at customer service and they were limiting quantities when available.  

So calling may be the way to go, and then see if they'll hold the 2 packs or boxes until you get there.

• Like 1