IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Tournament Final Round - Balloon Fight

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Scoreboard updated!

Also, here's the final results of the tournament, and thanks again everyone for making it real! :

1st bertsampson 81
2nd Tablew/chairs 77
3rd skinnygrinny 73
4th Richardhead 58
5th mbd39 52
6th 8bitdontquit 40
7th JamesRobot 30
8th SuperJimtendo 29
9th Ausden 23
10th barrels 22

2 hours ago, guillavoie said:

Scoreboard updated!

Also, here's the final results of the tournament, and thanks again everyone for making it real! :

1st bertsampson 81
2nd tablew/chair 77
3rd skinnygrinny 73
4th Richardhead 58
5th mbd39 52
6th 8bitdontquit 40
7th JamesRobot 30
8th SuperJimtendo 29
9th Ausden 23
10th barrels 22

Glad to see my score just barely held up, but I shouldn't get 1st and 2nd place. 🤪

So, I was glad to see some of my favorite games being played this tournament.  Although I had never played Popeye Game B, Excitebike is an old classic my brother's and I had many hours of fun with.  From building tracks to trying to get the best times.  Balloon Fight was a somewhat newer passion that I discovered when I was trying to max it out for the AVS Scoreboard.  I actually came close several times and gave up, but it was really easy for me when I popped it in on Sunday last week.  I only ever use the B button.  It's basically a turbo A button, so why use A?

I said before that I was going to be out of town come Friday.  A weekend away from the day to day was exactly what the wife and I needed, as we hadn't done that since the birth or our now one year old.  Unfortunately, on Tuesday, my wife's Grandfather died at the age of 96.  It didn't really come as a surprise, but none the less changed our plans and we didn't go on our trip.  Long story short, I put the wife to bed, and played some Balloon Fight to improve my around 350k score that I had achieved shortly after my 290k from Sunday/Monday morning.  I landed on my final score, and was sure it was going to be plenty.  I couldn't believe when I saw how close tables' score was.

Nice score tables, and all the competitors.  This was a really fun year, and I'm glad that I was able to participate again.  With the pending return of at least one big name from the past, I will be returning again next year to not only defend my title, but to make sure Skinny and the Colorado boys don't have a chance.

Thank you Bea and Guillavoie.  I had planned to step down and offer my services, but it looks like things are heating up for next year.  Maybe 2021.

• Like 3

Events Team · Posted

Congratulations to @bertsampson for being the very first VGS Weekly Contest champion!
And for @Tablew/chairs for putting such a valiant attempt and ending up 2nd.
@skinnygrinny ends up with a worthy 3rd place after all his hard work through the year.

Thank you all for participating and for sticking around after the turbulent times we had right before the tournament.
And a very special thanks to my pal @guillavoie for practically running the tournament on his own as life got really complicated on my end the last few weeks.

We will be back for 2020 with more weekly gaming goodness to entertain you all through the year.
You're all the best!

• Like 2

Thank you @BeaIank and @guillavoie!! For giving us a place to feel special 😁

congratulations @bertsampson my condolences.your damn good at playing nintender tapes. 

@Tablew/chairs no second place this year imo your championship is only a matter of time. 

everybody else! Tapeworm loves you all! Good job!  

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

Can I make one request?

next year maybe the final week doesn’t fall on thanksgiving 😁

We weren't planning on that to happen this year, but the forum thing mess screwed up our timing.

I will make sure that the final week doesn't happen on Thanksgiving next year.