IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Tournament Final Round - Balloon Fight

BeaIank

24 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

Plus I’m the 2019 (and two time) shooter champ 🤴 

Not exactly my 5 genre championships, 2013 second place tournament finish behind Tom when he had the TG record for Life Force, 2015 championship (and disputed 2014 title), but you keep that bronze polish handy in case my future teammates don't knock you off the podium!

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

1 minute ago, mbd39 said:

As fun as this game is, I'm getting tired of playing it.

Balloon Trip I'm done. I doubt I can do any better.

I know I can improve my Fight score but it's turning into a slog.

I swear Balloon Trip will make you go blind. I paused my game after a half hour and promptly hit a spark within the next two minutes. The patterns are hypnotic.

3 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I swear Balloon Trip will make you go blind. I paused my game after a half hour and promptly hit a spark within the next two minutes. The patterns are hypnotic.

I always choke and make a stupid mistake when I'm doing well. If I'm starting to get a decent score then I know that I'm going to die soon.

35 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Not exactly my 5 genre championships, 2013 second place tournament finish behind Tom when he had the TG record for Life Force, 2015 championship (and disputed 2014 title), but you keep that bronze polish handy in case my future teammates don't knock you off the podium!

Do you have a shooter title? 
2015? I don’t remember you winning a tournament that year. I remember Red won one. 
so you have never technically won a championship? Whaaaaaaat theee fuuuuuuuuuck 😂

Edited by skinnygrinny

Just now, mbd39 said:

I always choke and make a stupid mistake when I'm doing well. If I'm starting to get a decent score then I know that I'm going to die soon.

Maybe I could the Bert if I could sit there for an hour straight. I had 550k after a half hour and decided to take a break and make a sandwich for lunch and died within minutes after I started back up because I broke whatever trance you have to be in.

1 minute ago, skinnygrinny said:

Do you have a shooter title? 
2015? I don’t remember you winning a tournament that year. I remember Red won one. 
so you have never technically won a championship? Whaaaaaaat theee fuuuuuuuuuck 😂

Only my 2014 title is disputed because I was a tournament fill in. My 2015 title is recognized, just like me being a first ballot hall of famer. I don't have a shooter or a puzzle title because I had to leave something on the table!

On 11/25/2019 at 7:05 AM, arnpoly said:

This is funny, I'm also playing Balloon Fight this week.  My local FB retro group is running a contest on Balloon Trip this week with a cash price.  (BTW, I just figured out that money is a motivator to keep me competing, go figure!)  I got 110K last night but it looks like I've got a ways to go to catch Mr. Sampson! 😄

Can we get an update as to how you’re doing in this game?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Only my 2014 title is disputed because I was a tournament fill in. My 2015 title is recognized, just like me being a first ballot hall of famer. I don't have a shooter or a puzzle title because I had to leave something on the table!

Huh I participated in 2015. I don’t remember a tournament champion other than Red.

no shooter title huh?.... 

Edited by skinnygrinny

3 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

Huh I participated in 2015. I don’t remember a tournament champion other than Red.

no shooter title huh?.... 

There wasn't a winter tournament and I was handily the regular season champion anyway. I don't have a shooter or a puzzle title. I'm old. I have arthritis dammit!

5 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

When you get into a battle at the top of the screen with one of these fuck faces and you get ram sacked both balloons pop

5A0C559B-B19D-4AD7-A55F-C59CEAB74EE7.gif

I hate that. But the most infuriating thing is when you're having a good run and you miss a balloon in the bonus level.

18 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

There wasn't a winter tournament and I was handily the regular season champion anyway. I don't have a shooter or a puzzle title. I'm old. I have arthritis dammit!

Well in that case we should have just crowned 789-bit because he smoked everybody else in the regular season. How did he do in the tournament? 

everybody know regular season is paper champ. Face it meerkat I have as many championships as you. 

Edited by skinnygrinny

1 minute ago, skinnygrinny said:

Well in that case we should have just crowned 789-bit because he smoked everybody else in the regular season. How did he do in the tournament? 

everybody know regular season is paper champ. Face it meerkat I have as many championships as you. 

I should have two. One got removed years later due to controversy and the second one was awarded to the regular season champ like the old days because there wasn't a tournament. I've got one, should be two and next year I'll have another and you still won't have any because you're not the icon, the showstopper, the Hall of Famer BCD!