IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Tournament Final Round - Balloon Fight

BeaIank

On 12/2/2019 at 3:30 AM, bertsampson said:

So, I was glad to see some of my favorite games being played this tournament.  Although I had never played Popeye Game B, Excitebike is an old classic my brother's and I had many hours of fun with.  From building tracks to trying to get the best times.  Balloon Fight was a somewhat newer passion that I discovered when I was trying to max it out for the AVS Scoreboard.  I actually came close several times and gave up, but it was really easy for me when I popped it in on Sunday last week.  I only ever use the B button.  It's basically a turbo A button, so why use A?

I said before that I was going to be out of town come Friday.  A weekend away from the day to day was exactly what the wife and I needed, as we hadn't done that since the birth or our now one year old.  Unfortunately, on Tuesday, my wife's Grandfather died at the age of 96.  It didn't really come as a surprise, but none the less changed our plans and we didn't go on our trip.  Long story short, I put the wife to bed, and played some Balloon Fight to improve my around 350k score that I had achieved shortly after my 290k from Sunday/Monday morning.  I landed on my final score, and was sure it was going to be plenty.  I couldn't believe when I saw how close tables' score was.

Nice score tables, and all the competitors.  This was a really fun year, and I'm glad that I was able to participate again.  With the pending return of at least one big name from the past, I will be returning again next year to not only defend my title, but to make sure Skinny and the Colorado boys don't have a chance.

Thank you Bea and Guillavoie.  I had planned to step down and offer my services, but it looks like things are heating up for next year.  Maybe 2021.

WelI I decided to make the team a tag team. You and me for the title next season!

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2019 at 4:24 PM, Bearcat-Doug said:

@bertsampson Next season. The current champion vs the champion that never lost the title. Winner takes all. How about it?

I've posted a few scores over at the GB competition, but otherwise haven't been on here much.  I will be very busy in the coming months, but I will retire with the belt.  Let's do this!

4 hours ago, bertsampson said:

I've posted a few scores over at the GB competition, but otherwise haven't been on here much.  I will be very busy in the coming months, but I will retire with the belt.  Let's do this!

You probably cursed us both. Now Tables will win the 2020 title and we will both be forced to retire in shame. 😂

8 hours ago, bertsampson said:

Hey, if you believe in that shit, that's on you.  I'm going out in a blaze of glory.  Good luck to you in unseating the third place princess.

I had better not lose to a guy that plays in his basement wearing sunglasses and a tiara. I'm retiring the same way as I did in 2015, holding the title up high.spacer.png

6 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

You couldn't beat me in 2015. You can't even beat Bearcat-Doge!

I couldn't beat you?  I seem to remember beating you plenty.  You came out on top in the end, but then you faded into obscurity, too afraid to defend your title.  2015 is ancient history.  It's 2020 baby!  The beginning of the end of my Three-peat!

Woah! Wampson prediction three peat?!

no way little wampie boy. 
not as long as tapeworm has a bite of the action (powers absorbed). 
Transformation kobra kai strike!

then the grinder.

the human cyborg will be turned to dust! 

As for little meerkat. The last time he played as an actual competitor was like 100 years ago. And Tapeworm beat him! He hasn’t won a competition in years...

Itchy Richie! Smoke another one Lance your in my lane! 

gutsman. Who’s “gutsman”?

34 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

then the grinder.

As for little meerkat. The last time he played as an actual competitor was like 100 years ago. And Tapeworm beat him! He hasn’t won a competition in years...

I’ve been playing lots of tapes lately. All kinds of tapes. Think I might be pretty good at tape playing.

On 1/7/2020 at 10:07 PM, skinnygrinny said:

then the grinder.

Skinman, be happy with 3rd place.  It'll be tough this year, but I believe in you to do just well enough to keep your trophy.