IGNORED

Would you buy a Sage plush?

Gloves

Well, wouldja?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. If we sold a Sage plush, would you buy it?

• Yes
    • No

Administrator · Posted

Basically, there's a service where for no upfront cost for VGS we can get plushies made and you can buy 'em. The plushies are professionally designed and built, then shipped out. They're of actually pretty good looking quality.

The catch is that we'd need to sell 200 minimum to be able to do it, so before putting in a bunch of effort to make it a thing, I want to gauge interest. Knowing we're a smaller community I'm not sure that there's 200 folks out there who would want one, but I also don't see any harm in tossing up a poll to see.

The price per plush would be $42 USD by the looks of it, presumably plus shipping.

Here's a few example plushies so you can see the general quality:

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Administrator · Posted
Just now, B.A. said:

It's highly unlikely 200 would sell at that price.  T-shirts didn't sell nearly that many and they are a lot cheaper.

That's my thinking. It's a lofty goal, and not likely reachable. But if like 50 people say "yeah", maybe I look into another service with a lower threshold or something. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

Nah, $42 for a plushie is a no go for me, $20 or less for shelf filler lmao

Yeah, I was thinking about it until I saw the price tag and nearly did a spit-take.  Around $20, and something about the size of a Beanie Baby, and I'd be in.

53 minutes ago, The Count said:

I like the idea, but that price point is too high. 

I personally wouldn't mind having something on top of my CRT on the opposite side of my NintendoAge hat to balance out the display.

IMG_0381.jpeg

Edited by RH
  • Like 3

I like the idea and I hope it works out, but plushies aren't for me.  They take up too much room.  I would consider just giving it to my kids, but they have so many already, plus they would have no idea what it was in reference to, and $40 is a bit much for something my kids will play with for 5 minutes and never again.  

As much as I hate to say it, I doubt you will get 200 people to vote on this thread, let alone vote yes and order.  

Just out of curiosity, how many VGS shirts have been sold?

Edited by TDIRunner