IGNORED

Would you buy a Sage plush?

Gloves

Well, wouldja?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. If we sold a Sage plush, would you buy it?

• Yes
    • No

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Wait I’m confused, there is no upfront cost but you have to commit to 200 at $42/unit which is an upfront cost of $8,400?

No upfront cost as in VGS doesn't have to put any money in. If there was enough interest, we'd reach out and they'd make a page to pre-order, and if they get to 200+, only then they'd get fulfilled. 

That said, I'd not worry super hard about the specifics of this one company to which the feedback seems to be that they're too expensive. If there's like, 50 people who'd want a plush, maybe we find an individual creator or something. Heck, maybe even as low as 20 might be worth it to just do something fun. Not trying to make money here, just make some fun merch people are actually interested in (if they indeed are). 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gloves said:

No upfront cost as in VGS doesn't have to put any money in. If there was enough interest, we'd reach out and they'd make a page to pre-order, and if they get to 200+, only then they'd get fulfilled. 

That said, I'd not worry super hard about the specifics of this one company to which the feedback seems to be that they're too expensive. If there's like, 50 people who'd want a plush, maybe we find an individual creator or something. Heck, maybe even as low as 20 might be worth it to just do something fun. Not trying to make money here, just make some fun merch people are actually interested in (if they indeed are). 

I'm sure you have, but did you consider vendors on AliExpress? Surely there is someone on there doing something with reasonable minimum quantity orders. I know, I hate China as much or more than the next guy, but the quality of any custom stuff I've ordered has always been good, and the sellers have always been extremely respectful too.

Administrator · Posted
11 minutes ago, spacepup said:

I was joking about nendoroid, but honestly, I do think it'd be super cool to have a small figure of the character or something.  I have no idea how much more or less difficult or expensive that is, than a plush creation.

I could always learn to sculpt, then learn to make custom moulds, then learn to work with resin or similar, then learn to paint. Suddenly, I can make em myself! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

I could always learn to sculpt, then learn to make custom moulds, then learn to work with resin or similar, then learn to paint. Suddenly, I can make em myself! 

Well? What are you waiting for? I know you have tons of free time so get to learning new industrial arts pronto, plz

In all seriousness, I would be in on a figurine.

12 minutes ago, Link said:

Well? What are you waiting for? I know you have tons of free time so get to learning new industrial arts pronto, plz

In all seriousness, I would be in on a figurine.

Forget figurines, why not do Christmas ornaments? Then pair up with Brian for exclusive VGS releases of the annual Christmas games 

On 9/15/2023 at 9:40 AM, Mega Tank said:

I'd be in at $40, why not? Plus they'd make a cool Secret Santa Gift.

I know this highly unlikely, but I'd even be interested if the Sage Characters were made into dog toys like these with squeakers. Our two oldest dogs love these kinds of toys and are very possessive of them.

dog-stranger-things-av-club-burrowing-do

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRI-dgafhbGox1j4KC9Q

Why stop with dog toys? We could do catnip filled ones too. 🙂

On 9/14/2023 at 12:52 PM, spacepup said:

I was joking about nendoroid, but honestly, I do think it'd be super cool to have a small figure of the character or something.  I have no idea how much more or less difficult or expensive that is, than a plush creation.

We should have like a Sage Amiibo with a writeable NFC tag that is Amiibo compliant so you can read and write your own faux Amiibo.  Initially it should be coded to take  you to the VGS website.  I guess people could add the NFC tag themselves but I think it would be cool if included.  How good is @T-Pac with 3D artwork in Blender?

On 9/14/2023 at 1:03 PM, Gloves said:

You got that VGS money to take art classes to make this possible.  Small batch PVC figurines might be difficult to source.  

1 hour ago, Link said:

I saw one site that offered resin in lower quantities. 

After looking at some resign prints I feel like those would also be viable too.  Sage (along with the other mascots) are similar in design to Animal Crossing characters.  These looks like good quality prints.  Just need some paint.

sa3ikdkx3nu71.jpg?auto=webp&s=42eb3e6fca

• 6 months later...