IGNORED

2024 USA Presidential Election

For Whom The Vote Tolls  

26 members have voted

1. 1. If you had to vote for President of the USA, whom would you vote for?

• Joe Biden
    • Donald Trump
    • Ron DeSantis
    • Doug Burgum
    • Chris Christie
    • Larry Elder
    • Nikki Haley
    • Will Hurd
    • Asa Hutchinson
    • Perry Johnson
    • Mike Pence
    • Vivek Ramaswamy
    • Tim Scott
    • Francis Suarez
    • OTHER -- Democrat
    • OTHER -- Republican
    • OTHER -- Independent

Administrator · Posted
19 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

I'm predicting that this topic becomes legendary come election time...

anyway, there isn't anyone I want to vote for on that list. So Biden it is I guess?

I'm predicting the thread gets closed and two people get banned.

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

If you haven't peddled down the main drag at 30 or 40 MPH helmetless whilst dodging buses and cars during rush hour, you ain't been living.

*people gather around Dave's mangled corpse squished between two trucks*

*one man removes his hat*

"Well, that's a man who lived."

• Haha 1

I'm no professional politician or anything, I don't even play one on TV. That said: I don't think riding a bike is a required task for presidents. I'm pretty sure there's no physical aspect at all. Rumor has it, we could even have a wheelchair-bound president.

I agree that old men shouldn't be running the country because they're mostly out of touch with reality and fuck rich people, so I'm not the biggest fan of a lot of politicians, but let's not focus on their dexterity.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Khromak said:

I'm no professional politician or anything, I don't even play one on TV. That said: I don't think riding a bike is a required task for presidents. I'm pretty sure there's no physical aspect at all. Rumor has it, we could even have a wheelchair-bound president.

I agree that old men shouldn't be running the country because they're mostly out of touch with reality and fuck rich people, so I'm not the biggest fan of a lot of politicians, but let's not focus on their dexterity.

Its not- but, Biden’s age and physical ability gets almost daily coverage on Fox news, so its a big deal for a huge part of the electorate. 

22 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Its not- but, Biden’s age and physical ability gets almost daily coverage on Fox news, so its a big deal for a huge part of the electorate. 

Ike was under that same kind of scrutiny for the 1956 because had heart issues.  And at the time, he was the oldest ever President.  So this is nothing new TBH.

But I'll tell you why I would've protest voted for Stevenson (had this been known at the time)!!  After all the rotten, nasty things Ike said about kitties!!!😡

https://pictures-of-cats.org/dwight-eisenhower-hated-cats-this-is-my-reason-why.html

Edited by Estil

9 minutes ago, Estil said:

Ike was under that same kind of scrutiny for the 1956 because had heart issues.  And at the time, he was the oldest ever President.  So this is nothing new TBH.

Wilson had a stroke in 1919 that virtually incapacitated him and his wife essentially ran the executive branch until he left office. It was covered up from the public with the co-operation of the press.

FDR's physical condition was also covered up.

Edited by Tabonga

Just now, Tabonga said:

Wilson had a stroke in 1919 that virtually incapacitated him and his wife essentially ran the executive branch until he left office. E\It was covered up from the public with the co-operation of the press.

FDR's physical condition was also covered up.

Yeah, ya know Wilson's old lady could be kinda sorta the first female President.  I mean didn't she do pretty much all the President sort of stuff behind the scenes and did anyone back then even notice?  Sort of like how George Wallace back in the day got around term limits by having his old lady be elected governor and basically she'd do the getting dressed up and waving and cutting ribbons and things like that while George did all the hard stuff behind the scenes. 

4 minutes ago, ZeldaFan042 said:

The reasoning in this article for why Eisenhower hated cats is false.

I don't care about no reasoning it doesn't make me any less pissed that he would say such rotten, nasty, awful things about the greatest species of God's creatures in the whole world!😡

Edited by Estil

2 hours ago, Estil said:

I don't care about no reasoning it doesn't make me any less pissed that he would say such rotten, nasty, awful things about the greatest species of God's creatures in the whole world!😡

Earlier this year my old cat died.  For about a year before he died 2 carpet shampooers and I were locked in a titanic struggle in my basement with him where he decided he didn’t use litter boxes any more.  Fortunately-ish he would also do his business in the back yard.  Unfortunately the weather is cold and shitty for a significant portion of the year.  Anyways he died.  Afterwards I tore out the carpeting in the basement and let me tell you that was one of the foulest experiences of my life.  Almost as bad as the Raid flytrap bag of water thing I put in the garage that turned into a fly farm in a bag filled with dead flies, maggots, and baby flies.  Then when I tried to get it down it fuckin fell and spilled all over the garage floor.  That was probably the most putrid stench I’ve ever encountered and I used to work for the county engineers in the summers scooping roadkill into the ditches so we could paint the roads.   
And that’s why I disagree with your statement about cats being the greatest species.

• Sad 2

31 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

And that’s why I disagree with your statement about cats being the greatest species.

Well yeah but you're not going so far as to say you and your staff would shoot them on sight!

But yeah I'm really sorry for your loss...it wasn't really the cat's fault though and things like that can just as easily happen to people sadly.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Estil said:

Well yeah but you're not going so far as to say you and your staff would shoot them on sight!

But yeah I'm really sorry for your loss...it wasn't really the cat's fault though and things like that can just as easily happen to people sadly.

Nah nobody blames him and he’d been with us ever since he was a dumpster kitten I think he was 17 ish.  It was one of those just wait him out kind of deals.  Now my mother-in-law is going down in that basement to die too. I need a sign for over the door, “Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate”

• Wow! 1
  • Sad 1

I get that orange man is an easy mark, but I found it amazing it took nearly two pages to even get to calling out Biden on his age related issues.  The bike is a bit much as many can't handle one, and no it's not required for the office, but you know what is?  Stairs, and they seem to repeatedly be his mortal enemy both going up and down them.  Another?  Speaking.  It doesn't take very long for him to start going into jumbling up brand new words for the dictionary caught on video or rambling like an old Abe Simpson joke only falling short of shaking a fist and yelling at a cloud.  Both of them should be excluded, one for potential jail time coming before the election and the other clearly has some form of increasing dementia if you listen to him from the election to year one, into year two it's getting worse.  Killing words, getting cranky, passing out at tables/events, that is disturbing and should worry anyone whatever your stupid party affiliation is.

Rip on R's all you like for doubling down on Trump, the D's are doing it as much if not more potentially for a man who is progressively losing his marbles, and that one IS in power right now which should concern you.

I do question why they won't allow him to get one of those mental fitness tests the left and the media went all on hands on deck for with Trump thinking he was deranged (when he's really just an egomaniacal asshole.)  You ask for one on Biden, topic changes so fast it can give whiplash.

• Agree 1