IGNORED

2024 USA Presidential Election

For Whom The Vote Tolls  

26 members have voted

1. 1. If you had to vote for President of the USA, whom would you vote for?

• Joe Biden
    • Donald Trump
    • Ron DeSantis
    • Doug Burgum
    • Chris Christie
    • Larry Elder
    • Nikki Haley
    • Will Hurd
    • Asa Hutchinson
    • Perry Johnson
    • Mike Pence
    • Vivek Ramaswamy
    • Tim Scott
    • Francis Suarez
    • OTHER -- Democrat
    • OTHER -- Republican
    • OTHER -- Independent

I get what you're saying @Tanooki but I disagree on the democrats defending Biden. Most Democrats I've spoken with (and I know a lot) are not hardcore fans of Biden, and don't deflect from his issues, including his mental/physical health. I think if you asked 100 democrats, over half of them would say they don't want him running again. It's not our decision though.

Now ask 100 republicans if they think Trump should run again, I think you'll get a very different result and IMHO his issues are much larger.

There are issues on both sides, but I think the Republicans are much more fanatical and also much more forgiving/blinded to the flaws of their candidate. This of course only applies to Biden/Trump, when compared to other R candidates, this is less applicable.

24 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

no it's not required for the office, but you know what is?  Stairs, and they seem to repeatedly be his mortal enemy both going up and down them.  Another?  Speaking.  It doesn't take very long for him to start going into jumbling up brand new words for the dictionary caught on video or rambling like an old Abe Simpson joke only falling short of shaking a fist and yelling at a cloud. 

the other clearly has some form of increasing dementia if you listen to him from the election to year one, into year two it's getting worse. 

progressively losing his marbles,

Only one?

12 hours ago, Khromak said:

There are issues on both sides, but I think the Republicans are much more fanatical and also much more forgiving/blinded to the flaws of their candidate. This of course only applies to Biden/Trump, when compared to other R candidates, this is less applicable.

Legal issues of candidates is quite common in many countries, just take a look at the Taiwanese presidents and candidates over the past forty years. Don't even get started about the guys in the Philippines though...

While both have issues, I personally think that Biden looks and portrays himself as a sickly looking man of ailing health. That's honestly not a good look for the country.

Editorials Team · Posted
22 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Legal issues of candidates is quite common in many countries, just take a look at the Taiwanese presidents and candidates over the past forty years. Don't even get started about the guys in the Philippines though...

While both have issues, I personally think that Biden looks and portrays himself as a sickly looking man of ailing health. That's honestly not a good look for the country.

I think people are looking for a justification to vote Trump, because they're voting R no matter what 

"Biden is so old, I have no choice but to continue voting Trump!"

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

So what about FDR? Was that not a good look?

FDR was fortunate to leave a legacy by being a wartime president and used his executive powers to spearhead spending that we're still paying for to this very day. Overall he was a very racist and terrible human being though.

1. He nominated Hugo Black to the Supreme Court. A known KKK member
  2. He established concentration camps (just like Hitler!) for Japanese-American's during WW2
  3. He refused to acknowledge Jesse Owens and other black athletes after the 1936 Olympics. Jesse Owens even said "Hitler didn't snub me. It was our President who snubbed me. The president didn't even send me a telegram"
  4. He was a known anti-Semite, and refused to help the Jews, Romani, and gay during and after WW2.
  5. The New Deal & WW2 increased U.S. debt by almost 800%

But yeah, the New Deal was a good thing overall...but again, we're still paying for it to this day. In fact, we haven't paid a single cent down of U.S. debt since I think, Calvin Coolidge...every administration since his has added debt, again, meaning to this day we're carrying 100 year old debt forward.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Also, "everyone has legal issues" lol

Not every political candidate used every means at their disposal to try and overturn an election and seize power.  Most people would (should) consider that a red flag.

You really should look across the world at political leaders, I'm not just talking about banana republics in Africa. Yes, I hate to break it to you but there's a ton of corruption in American politics, on all sides.

48 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I think people are looking for a justification to vote Trump, because they're voting R no matter what 

Not really. Does he look like someone that should be leading the most powerful country in the world? Tripping over words and stairs, how's any world leaders going to take that seriously?

2 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

FDR was fortunate to leave a legacy by being a wartime president and used his executive powers to spearhead spending that we're still paying for to this very day. Overall he was a very racist and terrible human being though.

1. He nominated Hugo Black to the Supreme Court. A known KKK member
  2. He established concentration camps (just like Hitler!) for Japanese-American's during WW2
  3. He refused to acknowledge Jesse Owens and other black athletes after the 1936 Olympics. Jesse Owens even said "Hitler didn't snub me. It was our President who snubbed me. The president didn't even send me a telegram"
  4. He was a known anti-Semite, and refused to help the Jews, Romani, and gay during and after WW2.
  5. The New Deal & WW2 increased U.S. debt by almost 800%

But yeah, the New Deal was a good thing overall...but again, we're still paying for it to this day. In fact, we haven't paid a single cent down of U.S. debt since I think, Calvin Coolidge...every administration since his has added debt, again, meaning to this day we're carrying 100 year old debt forward.

I was referring to the fact he was using physical appearance to portray the image of a country. To me, this is quite bizarre. I thought this was a thread for the 2024 Presidential Election, not a pageant.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

I was referring to the fact he was using physical appearance to portray the image of a country. To me, this is quite bizarre. I thought this was a thread for the 2024 Presidential Election, not a pageant.

Oh! I was just hyped up to denounce my favorite president everyone loves :V

They're all strange people really...it takes a special type of person to want to lead an entire country.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

It's all they got. It's the new "tan suit" attack.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
58 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Not really. Does he look like someone that should be leading the most powerful country in the world? Tripping over words and stairs, how's any world leaders going to take that seriously?

As opposed to a Putin sycophant who spends his days publicly raging on social media like a manchild about how unfair everyone is to him? Because that's a good look...

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

You really should look across the world at political leaders, I'm not just talking about banana republics in Africa. Yes, I hate to break it to you but there's a ton of corruption in American politics, on all sides.

Justify an insurrectionist all you want.  He's a complete shit fucking option.  He had his chance and he fucking blew it.  Stop being hyperpartisan.

• Haha 1

Nothing new under the Sun...

The two-party system is here to stay

https://theconversation.com/the-two-party-system-is-here-to-stay-132423

The American two-party system has long been besieged. Many of the founders feared that organizing people along ideological lines would be dangerous to the fledgling nation. Alexander Hamilton called political parties a “most fatal disease,” James Madison renounced the “violence of faction,” and George Washington feared that an overly successful party would create “frightful despotism.”

The contemporary U.S. population isn’t terribly keen on parties, either, and tends to give them lukewarm performance reviews. A majority – 57% – of Americans believe that parties do “such a poor job” that a third major party is needed, and only 38% think that parties do “an adequate job.”

Because in a two-party system the major parties seek to appeal to broad coalitions to maximize electability, this is almost always a Republican or a Democrat. It is almost never a third-party candidate, which the voter might actually prefer. Candidates and their wealthy supporters recognize this, and so they ally with major parties rather than creating a third.

Certainly, the parties have evolved and will continue to do so. For example, the once reliably Democratic “solid South” shifted to Republican control beginning with the Civil Rights movement. Yet evolution should not be confused with destruction, and the persistence of the present system is relatively secure.

15 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Justify an insurrectionist all you want.  He's a complete shit fucking option.  He had his chance and he fucking blew it.  Stop being hyperpartisan.

Actually believe it or not I am not particularly political at all. We've had this discussion years ago back when Trump was in office.

22 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Again trying to take the high ground. That's cute.

They all got off easy. Should have been shot.

So what are you saying? You think I should either be locked up or shot for something I wasn't even involved in, someone who is living half way across the globe and didn't even vote the past few elections. Wtf, go out and take a walk or go for a hike or something, that's seriously messed up if that's how you feel.