IGNORED

2024 USA Presidential Election

For Whom The Vote Tolls  

26 members have voted

1. 1. If you had to vote for President of the USA, whom would you vote for?

• Joe Biden
    • Donald Trump
    • Ron DeSantis
    • Doug Burgum
    • Chris Christie
    • Larry Elder
    • Nikki Haley
    • Will Hurd
    • Asa Hutchinson
    • Perry Johnson
    • Mike Pence
    • Vivek Ramaswamy
    • Tim Scott
    • Francis Suarez
    • OTHER -- Democrat
    • OTHER -- Republican
    • OTHER -- Independent

I know, it's more than a year off, but things are already... uh, getting "interesting" here in the USA!

I think it's a foregone conclusion that we will have at least one sane adult running on the ticket -- Joe Biden. As for the GOP... WTF!

Screenshot-from-2023-08-01-15-46-30.png

I honestly understand people have differing political opinions. However, I just can NOT understand how anyone can vote for a traitor such as Trump! He has been indicted on 34 charges!

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2023/07/politics/trump-indictments-criminal-cases/

Regardless of your political beliefs, if you believe this country should hold free and fair elections, how the hell can anyone vote for Trump???

Edited by avatar!
  • Haha 1

Editorials Team · Posted

On a serious note, the fact that Trump has overwhelming support due to the extreme partisanship/polarity that the US is experiencing truly frightens me

Like, nothing about a person matters anymore.  They could be a serial killer.  But if they have an R next to their name, they will get support from half of this country.

The Ds are the same way, but to a lesser extent, for now.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

On a serious note, the fact that Trump has overwhelming support due to the extreme partisanship/polarity that the US is experiencing truly frightens me

-------------------------------------------

The Ds are the same way, but to a lesser extent, for now.

It is a natural (if resulting in unnatural conditions) progress of the two party system.  Most democratically process oriented countries wind up in an essential gridlock where the populace is too evenly split.  (And the constitution doesn't mandate two parties - the two parties have gerrymandered that themselves for obvious reasons.)

-----------------------

Heh - the term "yellow dog Democrat" exists for a reason.

Edited by Tabonga

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Within R primary voters, maaaaybe.  But as far as the for-real general election goes, with what happened with Jan 6, not having Hilary (and Bill) to pick on, and ESPECIALLY no longer having the element of surprise like he did in 2015-16:

(feel free to mark my words) The dude's time has passed.  I most definitely DON'T see him pulling a Grover Cleveland.

Edited by Estil

Editorials Team · Posted
11 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

And welp.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-2020-election-probe-08-01-23/index.html

Trump indicted in special counsel's 2020 election interference probe

Trump campaign and supporters: "Challenge accepted."

Can you win an election from prison and pardon yourself?  Asking for a friend.

• Haha 1

Trumps main lawyer is a realestate attorney lol

no real lawyers will go near him. Powell, Wood, Eastman and Guiliani have been or will be disbarred.  

Im looking forward to watching him drown under the full weight of the real americans at the DOJ, and attorney generals of Georgia and New York. The final shoe from Georgia hasn’t even dropped yet.

I’m not exactly a huge Biden fan, but will vote for a plastic bag full of Hillary Clintons and Anthony Fauci’s shit before anyone with an R in front of their name, unless maybe Chris Christie. But still probably not. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I'd go all in on a Chris Christie and Mitt Romney ticket just to confuse the living shit out of everyone 😂 

Old Mitt dont want the mouth breathing trump cultists harassing him 🤣🤣 way too rich and chill. 

Any Republican that takes him on is going to feel the full incel onslaught of the always online crowd. 

1 hour ago, Tulpa said:

If Trump gets the nomination, and then convicted of the J6 stuff, which will make him ineligible per section 3 of the 14th amendment, it'll be really interesting to watch the Republicans scramble.

Getting the nomination and winning the real November election are two VERY different things.

3 hours ago, Estil said:

Getting the nomination and winning the real November election are two VERY different things.

Yeah, I'm aware of that, but a Trump nomination followed by a conviction would be an utter disaster for the Republican party. Been a long time coming since they fell in with the orange felon. Between Trump likely watching the election from a jail cell and McConnell's health scares (seriously, that dude needs to retire before he keels over during a presser), the GOP is in bad shape.

Edited by Tulpa

2 hours ago, Tulpa said:

Yeah, I'm aware of that, but a Trump nomination followed by a conviction would be an utter disaster for the Republican party. Been a long time coming since they fell in with the orange felon. Between Trump likely watching the election from a jail cell and McConnell's health scares (seriously, that dude needs to retire before he keels over during a presser), the GOP is in bad shape.

Biden would be well advised to let Harris go in his place for 2024...I don't even know if he'll even be able to finish his current term.

10 hours ago, Tulpa said:

If Trump gets the nomination, and then convicted of the J6 stuff, which will make him ineligible per section 3 of the 14th amendment, it'll be really interesting to watch the Republicans scramble.

I don’t think we can count on any of the rules to protect our democracy any more.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Estil said:

Biden would be well advised to let Harris go in his place for 2024...I don't even know if he'll even be able to finish his current term.

You keep saying that, but he keeps trucking along just fine. There's no reason for him to step aside. So he stumbled over something. So he stutters a bit. He's never gone silent for several seconds for no reason like Moscow Mitch did.

• Like 1