IGNORED

Mario is an elephant now

fox

Getting it?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Getting it?

Administrator · Posted

The elephant Mario is an... interesting choice.  But the game itself looks pretty neat and wacky.  I definitely want to check it out.  I also love the colors / theme throughout the game that they exposed so far.  Bottom line - the game looks fun and different - I'll try it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Editorials Team · Posted

Speaking for the trailer as a whole, I thought they did a good job of making it initially look like a rehash, like another New Super Mario Bros., and then gradually taking it completely off the rails.

This is an obvious priority buy for 4 player with my boys.

40 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Speaking for the trailer as a whole, I thought they did a good job of making it initially look like a rehash, like another New Super Mario Bros., and then gradually taking it completely off the rails.

This is an obvious priority buy for 4 player with my boys.

Thank goodness they dumped the “new” style to something that doesn’t make your eyes bleed.  The power ups and stage gimmicks look bonkers.

If you don't think this game looks fun as fuck, you must be a very boring person! 🤣

On 6/21/2023 at 8:25 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

I don't know, starting out with that odd Mario "sprite" and then the talking flower, the game immediately seemed weirdly off. Feels like Nintendo intentionally tried to make it look like a fan-game or something. 

I had to do a double take on the trailer just to understand what I was supposed to feel. Seems like it's really just gonna be another traditional 2D Mario game (which is good), but with Nintendo repeatedly trying to assure us that they, too, enjoy doing drugs. 

Also, the music really rules

Administrator · Posted

The more I watch the trailer, the more I'm actually really excited for this game. 

I saw a number of mediocre reactions from people, but I don't know, this game just looks super.... fun!

I actually liked the New Super Mario Bros series of games, but I love how this game just shakes everything up and breaks all the traditional 2d mario rules.  That will keep it fresh and exciting.  I'm really looking forward to it!

14 hours ago, spacepup said:

I saw a number of mediocre reactions from people, but I don't know, this game just looks super.... fun!

New COD every year. New FIFA ever year. New Assassin's Creed every year. New Fire Emblem every year. New Final Fantasy every year. New pixel art hardcore indie platformer every year. New Soulslike every 2 years. New 2D Super Mario Bros. after 11 years "Oh my god another one? 🙄"

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

The Switch has been lacking Mario content for years now and really needed this game. I gave up hope that a new 2D Mario was on the horizon and was shocked by this announcement. Bowsers Fury was dope but super short and as a Wii U owner, the Mario lineup on the Switch wasn't impressive aside from Odyssey of course.

SMB Wonder has me thinking though. How long is the Switch lifespan going to last? Mario titles typically don't release at the end of life cycle. How long can Nintendo milk the Switch like this? It's gotta be the most impressive run for a handheld since the original Gameboy.

• Agree 1