IGNORED

what was your favorite cereal as a kid in the 80s 90s etc

Nes Freak

for licensed cereals, i was all about the Nintendo Cereal System. Legend of Zelda in a cereal? sign me up! i also remember really liking the Batman and Spider-Man cereals. 

for "regular" cereals, my all-time favorite is/was Lucky Charms. more specifically, we always got the offbrand "Marshmallow Mateys". same stuff, different box (or bag in this case). 

the only cereal i buy now is if they put out a new edition of Lucky Charms (a couple years ago they did a berry flavor) or the Monster cereals around Halloween (they're introducing a new monster this year!)

my mom signed us up for all sorts of trials and product tests, and my favorite of that bunch went on to get a short release as "Hidden Treasures". i remember really liking it, but i don't think it ever made its way back to my part of the country.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, twiztor said:

for licensed cereals, i was all about the Nintendo Cereal System. Legend of Zelda in a cereal? sign me up! i also remember really liking the Batman and Spider-Man cereals. 

for "regular" cereals, my all-time favorite is/was Lucky Charms. more specifically, we always got the offbrand "Marshmallow Mateys". same stuff, different box (or bag in this case). 

the only cereal i buy now is if they put out a new edition of Lucky Charms (a couple years ago they did a berry flavor) or the Monster cereals around Halloween (they're introducing a new monster this year!)

my mom signed us up for all sorts of trials and product tests, and my favorite of that bunch went on to get a short release as "Hidden Treasures". i remember really liking it, but i don't think it ever made its way back to my part of the country.

i still have a sealed box of nintendo ceral. 

WIN_20230622_18_05_50_Pro.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 2

On 6/21/2023 at 5:06 PM, captmorgandrinker said:

Are you old enough to have gotten the bike license plates from Honeycomb?

I don't know if it came from HoneyCombs or not but I am old enough for Bike license plates.  I still have this smurfs plate that I had on my Bmx at one point until I removed it in order to be able to keep on living.  I had a couple others back in the day as well that were less exciting.  All I remember is that one was yellow and one was white.  Can't remember what was written on them though..

smurfs plate.png

• Like 2

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, PII said:

I don't know if it came from HoneyCombs or not but I am old enough for Bike license plates.  I still have this smurfs plate that I had on my Bmx at one point until I removed it in order to be able to keep on living.  I had a couple others back in the day as well that were less exciting.  All I remember is that one was yellow and one was white.  Can't remember what was written on them though..

smurfs plate.png

The Honeycomb ones were actual state plates.   You could send away for the set of 50 as well (I did once, and then sold them on ebay probably 10ish years ago).

• Like 1

cookie crisp cereal GIF

CoooooOOOOOOOOkie Crisp!!

Haha, it wasn't actually, but it was a hilarious "gimmick" cereal that even I thought was nuts as a child. 

Favourite cereals are probably still the same... Cheerios (various flavours), Frosted Flakes, Trix (Better than Froot Loops on account of their gum destroying) and Sugar Crisp... Throw some Cinnamon Toast Crunch in there every now and again. 

Does anyone else's pee smell like Sugar Crisp after they eat a shit ton of it? Haha... that's how I know I ate lots of it 🤣

• Haha 1

My favorite childhood cereal was forever immortalized here!

And back in the day I honestly thought this song was about Fruit Loops!! (and back then there were only three flavors!)

(I'm using this version because I like it and especially the video better)

On 6/23/2023 at 11:55 AM, AirVillain said:

CoooooOOOOOOOOkie Crisp!!

1:21 "And it's part of a balanced breakfast too!"  lol

Just what is the definition of a balanced breakfast anyway?  Is that when the sugar weighs the same as the milk or something?

Edited by PII
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

I did notice that with Sugar Smacks/Honey Smacks.

Haha, I remembered that one but don't recall eating it too much. Looks like exactly the same thing so story checks out, haha. 

Literally just sugary puffed wheat.

I didn't realize that "Honey Smacks" seems to be the "new"/rebranded one... I don't think I've seen that in Canada. Just Sugar Crisp... 🤔 Not sure why Kellogg's would be holding that from us? 

Just can't compete with Sugar Crisp I guess. 😅

3 hours ago, PII said:

Just what is the definition of a balanced breakfast anyway?  Is that when the sugar weighs the same as the milk or something?

Hahaha, yeah exactly... Sugar = weight of table.

"Part of this balanced diet" (Shows entire TABLE of healthy food and tiny little bowl of cookies) 😆

Edited by AirVillain

5 hours ago, PII said:

Yeah, were they required by law or something to say so-and-so cereal is part of of this good/balance/complete/whatever breakfast?  Now this right here is how we do breakfast in the Commonwealth of Kentucky!  You know how we're famous for Kentucky Fried Chicken?  Well we got Kentucky sausage too!  Simpsonville, KY to be exact!

Edited by Estil
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Estil said:

Yeah, were they required by law or something to say so-and-so cereal is part of of this good/balance/complete/whatever breakfast?

I think it's just one of those lies told so often and with so much enthusiasm, over and OVER and OVER that people became totally desensitized to the point of not even noticing the absurdity of the statement.

Rule #1 in getting people to accept something that is not in their best interest has always been: REPETITION.

Sausage, eggs and biscuits is a good breakfast before some hard work especially with some fruit and/or juice, although I will say, the idea of gravy for breakfast strikes me a little odd.  I do like savory breakfast food so maybe it's just because I've never had it... 

10 hours ago, PII said:

It brings balance to breakfast the same way Anakin brings balance to the force

1 minute ago, G-type said:

It brings balance to breakfast the same way Anakin brings balance to the force

Soo, it makes the eater arrogant and whiny as a result of sugar crashing until the eater reproduces and is saved at 11:59 by their offspring who chose to consume a healthy diet; the eater then throws the CEO of General Mills into the garbage shoot?

• Haha 1