IGNORED

About the Explanation of Development Authorization for Star Keeper Branch Version

zxdplay

4 minutes ago, zxdplay said:

@OptOut

3.1 It is prohibited to use the Star Keeper in connection with malicious, harmful, offensive or
obscene images, videos, or other materials or forms of media, including any that depict
hatred, intolerance, violence, cruelty, or anything else that could reasonably be found to
constitute hate speech orotherwise violate applicable laws or regulations or infringe upon the
rights of others;

However, you have reminded me that I need to prevent this kind of situation from happening. Thank you.

What are you talking about?

Star Kraper (TM) is a wholly original property, solely created and entirely owned by OptOut industries (LLC). It has nothing to do with other, lesser, similarly named franchises.

Star Lad (TM) and his magical flying toilet Crappy (TM) are bound for many amazing adventures to come, let there be no doubt! 😎

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, OptOut said:

What are you talking about?

Star Kraper (TM) is a wholly original property, solely created and entirely owned by OptOut industries (LLC). It has nothing to do with other, lesser, similarly named franchises.

Star Lad (TM) and his magical flying toilet Crappy (TM) are bound for many amazing adventures to come, let there be no doubt! 😎

I'm not sure what your purpose is or whether you're trying to tell me that if I authorize NFTs, someone will do something like what you're doing now to smear and damage the reputation of Star Keeper.

• Haha 2

Events Helper · Posted
7 minutes ago, zxdplay said:

I'm not sure what your purpose is or whether you're trying to tell me that if I authorize NFTs, someone will do something like what you're doing now to smear and damage the reputation of Star Keeper.

no one really knows why opty does what opty does.....

we all really want you to succeed and hope that you do.  

@OptOut please tone it down a bit they may not be as privy to your humor as the rest of us knuckleheads are lol and we do not want to drive folks off 😉

Edited by Jeevan
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, zxdplay said:

He's mostly joking. Mostly 😉

But yes, with your contract written as it is right now, someone probably could ignore your provisions. Which is why I said get a lawyer.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Like 1

Social Team · Posted
2 hours ago, zxdplay said:

@OptOut

3.1 It is prohibited to use the Star Keeper in connection with malicious, harmful, offensive or
obscene images, videos, or other materials or forms of media, including any that depict
hatred, intolerance, violence, cruelty, or anything else that could reasonably be found to
constitute hate speech orotherwise violate applicable laws or regulations or infringe upon the
rights of others;

However, you have reminded me that I need to prevent this kind of situation from happening. Thank you.

Rejected Rejection GIF by HULU

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

They sell 💩emoji plushies for children in Target, Walmart, Dollar Tree. Star Crapper could easily win in court claiming it's not "obscene" or however you want to characterize it in a breach of contract claim.

I add to the chorus that says whatever janky offshoot RandoWare decides to make for the Switch download store will get far less attention and do much less to promote the brand than a real sequel by 87arts with word to appropriate channels. Try to sell these NFTs if you like; now or later, consider how much easier of a time you will have with crowdfunding or a direct cash infusion from @a3quit4s et al, to make another, real, Star Keeper project. 

Regarding KickStarter, this page seems to indicate Chinese nationals are not excluded from using the platform...  Maybe it's worth another look🤷‍♀️ or just IndieGogo as someone previously mentioned.

Spoiler

google translation 

Resources to guide you in planning, building and promoting your campaign.
Novice on the road
From innovative wearables to sleek homeware, tech and design projects find audiences on Kickstarter's more than 18 million backers.
If you're new to Kickstarter, it's a good idea to go over the basics, including how Kickstarter works and the three key steps to successfully launching a project. Learning Sponsor Experience
The best way to learn about Kickstarter is to look at past successful projects. Browse a selection of projects from across Greater China and hear directly from the sponsors about their journeys.

I'm not sure how a chinese national could uphold one of their contracts inside of the US or many other places.  They don't exactly respect our rules so the governments kind of return the favor.  And on the matter of KS I never heard of it blocking Chinese nationals, but maybe this is more about how sleazy and tentacle grippy the CCP itself is and he's trying to avoid giving them any reason to look at him or the books.  Going that NFT route with an outside source keeps those assets and movements away from prying eyes.

10 hours ago, zxdplay said:

@OptOut

rights of others

@zxdplay: All this will be according to who's judgement?  These all have very gray areas.  For example, cruelty is forbidden, but in your original game the main character shoots a gun that snufs out the lives of the enemies he aims at; is that not particularly cruel?  Have you ever thought about the lives those enemies are trying to live?  They're just working their job trying to pay the bills like you and me and everyone else and this kid in a jetpack comes along and commits straight up homocide over and over again.  What are those enemies wives supposed to tell their children when all those fathers don't come home???

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

Administrator · Posted
26 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

@zxdplay: All this will be according to who's judgement?  These all have very gray areas.  For example, cruelty is forbidden, but in your original game the main character shoots a gun that snufs out the lives of the enemies he aims at; is that not particularly cruel?  Have you ever thought about the lives those enemies are trying to live?  They're just working their job trying to pay the bills like you and me and everyone else and this kid in a jetpack comes along and commits straight up homocide over and over again.  What are those enemies wives supposed to tell their children when all those fathers don't come home???

As a kid a babysitter of mine said basically that exact same thing regarding the 1980 arcade game Battlezone, but she was incredibly Christian, and very much serious. 

• Wow! 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

As a kid a babysitter of mine said basically that exact same thing regarding the 1980 arcade game Battlezone, but she was incredibly Christian, and very much serious. 

From the same pool of mental giants who called Harry Potter witchcraft and satan worship, and Pokemon heresy since you play god and they idolize and do whatever you ask of them.  Not surprised.

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

From the same pool of mental giants who called Harry Potter witchcraft and satan worship, and Pokemon heresy since you play god and they idolize and do whatever you ask of them.  Not surprised.

In the Pokemon universe a Pokemon is God. xD

• Like 1

On 2/28/2023 at 1:07 PM, a3quit4s said:

@matthughson - would you be willing to let us know how many copies of witch n wiz sold through LRG? I’m generally curious what sort of sales numbers a NES homebrew can pull with LRG weight behind it. 

Sorry, I can't release numbers due to confidentiality of the contract.

11 minutes ago, matthughson said:

Sorry, I can't release numbers due to confidentiality of the contract.

What do you make of the idea of licensing a game IP through the sale of NFTs? Do you think this project has a good shot, or is something indie developers would be interested in?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OptOut said:

What do you make of the idea of licensing a game IP through the sale of NFTs? Do you think this project has a good shot, or is something indie developers would be interested in?

I have a lot of thoughts on this, but everything I write comes off as very accusatory/rude 😅. So to sum up: No, I don't think any of this will result in Star Keeper spin-offs.

Edited by matthughson
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, zxdplay said:

1.2 In recent years, I have received many emails from players asking if the game will be re-released. I always reply to them directly, "Unfortunately, for various reasons, the game will not be produced again."

@zxdplay The above quote from your original post sums up the entire situation succinctly:

1.0 You acknowledge that there is high demand for an item that you refuse to have re-released.

1.1 Instead, you offer the community something that no one has asked for and nobody wants.

1.2 You go on to explain that you can't make another Star Keeper game until you make a bunch of money.

1.3 You are then reminded that you could make a bunch of money by having your high demand game re-released in various different ways without much time or effort required on your part, which would solve the problem you presented to us in 1.2 above.

1.4 You then respond by updating the unwanted project (see 1.1 above) that nobody cares about, which leads us back to 1.3.

Conclusion: if you don't change your stance, there will never be another Star Keeper game made ever again by you or anyone else...

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

@zxdplay The above quote from your original post sums up the entire situation succinctly:

1.0 You acknowledge that there is high demand for an item that you refuse to have re-released.

1.1 Instead, you offer the community something that no one has asked for and nobody wants.

1.2 You go on to explain that you can't make another Star Keeper game until you make a bunch of money.

1.3 You are then reminded that you could make a bunch of money by having your high demand game re-released in various different ways without much time or effort required on your part, which would solve the problem you presented to us in 1.2 above.

1.4 You then respond by updating the unwanted project (see 1.1 above) that nobody cares about, which leads us back to 1.3.

Conclusion: if you don't change your stance, there will never be another Star Keeper game made ever again by you or anyone else...

Oh could you guys just give it a rest, please. 

Oh, I want 1.1 btw.