IGNORED

About the Explanation of Development Authorization for Star Keeper Branch Version

zxdplay

49 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

While I hope thats the reason, its seems unlikely to me. China is known for having zero respect for IP, and far larger companies are knocked off for profit regularly. 

Yes but who has the game?

Did anybody in China buy it from 87Arts or one of the people who did? 

44 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

It's not that I wish I were pirated more than basically the situation has been created that is begging for it.  And when it would happen, if it can't be had legally through the owner/creator, I'd buy the bootleg.  I see no reason to feed a shark.

Still, it's kind of a mean spirited thing to say about one dude programming a game for the community (whether this dude is the actual dude or not). I get that you want to play it and don't have the money to drop on current prices, but goddamn.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Link said:

Yes but who has the game?

Did anybody in China buy it from 87Arts or one of the people who did? 

Its weird to me that a chinese guy made the game, but every single accounted for copy is in the US/Canada (or owned by him?) not a single cart or ROM that might slip into a miscreant’s hands -maybe thats just how it is. 

Edited by MrWunderful

6 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Still, it's kind of a mean spirited thing to say about one dude programming a game for the community (whether this dude is the actual dude or not). I get that you want to play it and don't have the money to drop on current prices, but goddamn.

Its not really any different than Dave eluding to giving it to his buddy to pirate

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Scrobins said:

Can we not derail yet another thread with this please? Dave made a genuine offer to the dev as a means of getting it out there.

While I kind of disagree with the particulars of that, I do agree that we shouldn't derail the thread.

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Its not really any different than Dave eluding to giving it to his buddy to pirate

He misunderstood the conditions that zxdplay gave and backed off the second he realized that he wasn't buying the rights to make a Famicom version. I see nothing wrong with that

Edit: Got dm'd some info about another thread that I had not seen yet. To clarify I was referring to what I saw on this thread. I'm not sure if what he said on the other one was a joke

Edited by Ankos
  • Disagree 1

53 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Its weird to me that a chinese guy made the game, but every single accounted for copy is in the US/Canada (or owned by him?) not a single cart or ROM that might slip into a miscreant’s hands -maybe thats just how it is. 

Do we actually know where 87arts is, or was at the time? I was not here for the original sales period so I don't know anything about it. Does anyone here have or remember the original package? Given that it was sold just on NA, it's not surprising that they're all on this side of the globe, but that does also make OP further questionable. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Link said:

Do we actually know where 87arts is, or was at the time? I was not here for the original sales period so I don't know anything about it. Does anyone here have or remember the original package? Given that it was sold just on NA, it's not surprising that they're all on this side of the globe, but that does also make OP further questionable. 

Here's an unboxing video (in Spanish, but he unboxes it from the shipping box.)

John Riggs also talks about it.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Link said:

Mine came from straight up China. 

Edited by MrWunderful
  • Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
2 hours ago, Tulpa said:

Here's an unboxing video (in Spanish, but he unboxes it from the shipping box.)

John Riggs also talks about it.

maybe you should reach out to this John Riggs fella.....seems he pandered to get more released......maybe he actually has contact info. that could verify the person.  Maybe he could verify if he knows the person.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Jeevan said:

maybe you should reach out to this John Riggs fella.....seems he pandered to get more released......maybe he actually has contact info. that could verify the person.  Maybe he could verify if he knows the person.  

I'm pretty sure Mr. Riggs would help out with some confirmation info. He's a pretty cool down to earth retro gamer.  😎 

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, RetroX85 said:

I'm pretty sure Mr. Riggs would help out with some confirmation info. He's a pretty cool down to earth retro gamer.  😎 

I suggest someone reach out or what not then to verify things before anyone around here dumps any kind of money whatsoever into anything.

• Agree 1

@portabello

According to a post you made in the 'general collectors' discussion of star keeper ' thread you mentioned you received a regular copy directly from 87Arts. Stating he sent it personally to you.  Do you care weigh in on some information regarding any shipping/ contact information you had when you received your copy from the developer?

This may clear up the concern of us dealing with the developer.  Any input may help alleviate some suspicions.  

9 hours ago, Tulpa said:

Actually I could afford it, I just can't justify wasting that huge of a sum of money on a single after market game being lorded over by scalpers.  But you're on the nose, it was mean spirited, and not that it'll be popular me continuing this sentence but that was 100% my intent.  I think it's pretty selfish and mean spirited on his part to go about it the way he is at this rate.

What dave offered was legit, we talked about it off site.  He was when the conversation started interested in seeing if he could help this guy get it back into circulation, there were a pair of threads, the offer and conversation was legit, then it morphed into I'm guessing mistranslation/intent on the (if it is 87) developers part wanting the opposite doing the NFT ponzi scheme instead.

Shame Mr Riggs wasn't brought up about 3-4 days ago.  He was at the LAX this weekend and we talked for a good 10minutes as the floor opened that day pretty much.  He's a genuine seeming nice person, had his games and other stuff out and just liked to chat people up.  I would image he's as connected into some of this as anyone could be so maybe he could have had that info, I would have asked but odds are he would have flew out yesterday morning.

• Agree 1

Events Helper · Posted
23 minutes ago, RetroX85 said:

@portabello

According to a post you made in the 'general collectors' discussion of star keeper ' thread you mentioned you received a regular copy directly from 87Arts. Stating he sent it personally to you.  Do you care weigh in on some information regarding any shipping/ contact information you had when you received your copy from the developer?

This may clear up the concern of us dealing with the developer.  Any input may help alleviate some suspicions.  

Please make sure not to share any kind of information that could DOX someone.  I know that is not what you meant, but just so that is clear!

• Like 1

To clarify things a bit, as me scorned lover mrWubderfluff keeps spreading around bogus claims of me wanting to pirate the game.

#1: I hate when people pirate others' homebrew/indie games, in the name of preservation or not! It happened to me before and it just leaves the creator feeling violated, in an icky, unexplainable way.

#2: I did reach out to the OP of this thread about doing a Famicom run of the game, and obtaining rights to do so. As I haven't done a game release recently (gotta finish up HPR and my brother is also paying me to do a game for him), I thought it would be nice to release something substantial this year.

#3: The game will get dumped and released (and then 'reproed'), it's just a matter of time. The only way to prevent it is to buy up all the carts or actively pay people not to do so. I mean, nwc was dumped. I'm just speaking realities here, with that many carts and so much demand, it's only a matter of time before it happens, but don't mistake this recognition of something to mean that I'm the guy doing it, as I'm not. 

14 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

It’s better if he does most of it himself to cut a bunch of costs and I’m happy he is at least now considering that route

My goal is to provide NFT authorization to the developer, offer game development resources to cut a bunch of costs, but right now, I can't even take the first step.

22 minutes ago, zxdplay said:

My goal is to provide NFT authorization to the developer, offer game development resources to cut a bunch of costs, but right now, I can't even take the first step.

Selling the rights to the original game and banking a percentage of the sales wouldn't take any more effort on your end than an email (with the ROM attached) and a signature...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, fcgamer said:

To clarify things a bit, as me scorned lover mrWubderfluff keeps spreading around bogus claims of me wanting to pirate the game.

#1: I hate when people pirate others' homebrew/indie games, in the name of preservation or not! It happened to me before and it just leaves the creator feeling violated, in an icky, unexplainable way.

#2: I did reach out to the OP of this thread about doing a Famicom run of the game, and obtaining rights to do so. As I haven't done a game release recently (gotta finish up HPR and my brother is also paying me to do a game for him), I thought it would be nice to release something substantial this year.

#3: The game will get dumped and released (and then 'reproed'), it's just a matter of time. The only way to prevent it is to buy up all the carts or actively pay people not to do so. I mean, nwc was dumped. I'm just speaking realities here, with that many carts and so much demand, it's only a matter of time before it happens, but don't mistake this recognition of something to mean that I'm the guy doing it, as I'm not. 

Crazy, your account must have gotten hacked: