IGNORED

About the Explanation of Development Authorization for Star Keeper Branch Version

zxdplay

Administrator · Posted

I think porting the game to Steam (or porting / re-releasing in any capacity) is a cool idea.  For the people who really just want to play the game, that will at least allow them to do so and enjoy it.  

I know that what makes the game special is that it is a NES Homebrew, but at least having SOME option to play the game in some capacity, is better than nothing.  Hopefully it is true / close to the original, that would be very neat.

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, zxdplay said:

Thank you. I appreciate your support for the game and your recognition of its quality.

You're welcome!

I'm not going to badger you, like I said before it is 100% your choice. I will say though that a simple Kickstarter campaign would definitely perform well. I can almost guarantee that it would exceed your expectations. You would have absolutely no problem raising the funds for SK 2. Since it's a popular funding platform you would also be exposing a ton of new people to Star Keeper furthering the popularity of your IP.

I know you said it's a lot of work for you now but I personally think it's worth it. In the video game community you will be immortalized through Star Keeper. You're already somewhat of a living legend.

Again I wish you luck, prosperity, and am looking forward to the sequel. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Darth Vader said:

You're welcome!

I'm not going to badger you, like I said before it is 100% your choice. I will say though that a simple Kickstarter campaign would definitely perform well. I can almost guarantee that it would exceed your expectations. You would have absolutely no problem raising the funds for SK 2. Since it's a popular funding platform you would also be exposing a ton of new people to Star Keeper furthering the popularity of your IP.

I know you said it's a lot of work for you now but I personally think it's worth it. In the video game community you will be immortalized through Star Keeper. You're already somewhat of a living legend.

Again I wish you luck, prosperity, and am looking forward to the sequel. 

Kickstarter would be great but I don't think he can do it based on him residing in China.  He would have to facilitate the campaign with a known group here in the United States or elsewhere. 

Moderator · Posted
1 hour ago, RetroX85 said:

Kickstarter would be great but I don't think he can do it based on him residing in China.  He would have to facilitate the campaign with a known group here in the United States or elsewhere. 

Which is why working with us in our collaboration with Mega Cat might be the easier option for him.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, spacepup said:

I know that what makes the game special is that it is a NES Homebrew, but at least having SOME option to play the game in some capacity, is better than nothing.  Hopefully it is true / close to the original, that would be very neat.

Yes, being NES homebrew makes the game somewhat significant, but being reasonably fun and unavailable for most is what really makes the demand. If the game suddenly became available on NES format to the masses overnight, it would be largely forgotten after the initial buzz wore off.

By now, with the reputation that it has obtained, it would be virtually impossible to meet such expectations. I could be wrong, but over two and a half decades or so in this scene tell me that I'm not, as I've seen it happen time and time again.

On a different note, I'm glad to hear about the PC version, as this logically would be the best step to take - release it on steam and through other venues so that the masses can play and enjoy the updated version of the game. Then work on developing a sequel, while preserving the legend and allure of the original NES release. It would ultimately just cement the whole series into that allure, and get people more interested as a whole.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RetroX85 said:

Let's just enjoy the fact the game is finally going to be on PC soon 🙌   and hopefully a sequel is the future 😁 

A sequel would be a fantastic way get on board with companies like Broke Studio, Mega Cat and LRG.

Yes, I'd be quite excited about a sequel. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, zxdplay said:

However, this situation will soon be improved as the PC version has been developed. I am currently researching how to upload it to Steam.

If you haven't already, it might be helpful to reach out to the 8bitlegit team. They can help get the game on multiple modern platforms for you (Steam, XBOX, etc).

https://8bitlegit.com/games/

• Like 2

• The topic was locked