IGNORED

We had a "Name that Video Game character" round at Pub Trivia last night.

Reed Rothchild

Wow, I'm like 4.5 - 5.5 here.  This would make a great visual answer to the question - "How have video games changed over the years?"

The 4 I definitely got are the brightly colored characters.

I'm gonna guess the woman with the white hair is "Storm."

Then I'm gonna guess the one in the lower left is either "Lara Croft" or more likely "Milla Jovovitch" aka the babe in resident evil.

The real intelligent looking guy next to her I would guess comes from a Grand Theft Auto game.

Guy in upper right looks familiar but I have no idea.

My best guess for middle top is: "Woman jogging w/walkman or oversized Ipod."

And middle right who looks like her "less fun at parties sister" I'm just going to label as "Sorority Girl."

EDIT: Ok, after looking at the answers make that about a 4 for me...

Edited by PII

I could name 5/10, but I've at least seen the two upper ones on the right column and could at least name the series that they're from.

Did video game characters get less memorable over time, because they're focusing too much on realism? Or are there maybe too many video game characters nowadays which makes individual ones harder to stick out from the crowd?

1 minute ago, DoctorEncore said:

6/10 for me. I would've also had to guess Assassin's Creed Man, Portal Lady, and GTA Man, which would probably not have cleared the bar for points. I had no clue on Elena though.

Wait, is that Alex?  I thought she was from Half-Life 2?

Editorials Team · Posted
36 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

6/10 for me. I would've also had to guess Assassin's Creed Man, Portal Lady, and GTA Man, which would probably not have cleared the bar for points. I had no clue on Elena though.

It didn't because that's exactly what we tried and it didn't fly.  😅 Even narrowing it down to "Ass Creed 3 guy, maybe an Alex or Trevor or something😅

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

“Some guy from Assassins Creed I mean I could say Ezio but it doesn’t look like Ezio”

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

It didn't because that's exactly what we tried and it didn't fly.  😅 Even narrowing it down to "Ass Creed 3 guy, maybe an Alex or Trevor or something😅

if that is not Ezio from Assassin's Creed, then i drop to 5 points. Wiki tells me AC3 is lead by Connor, so i guess i'll take the L there. 

4/10 for me.  I recognize 6.5/10 but the names are beyond me.

• Spoiler
    • Pac Man
    • Girl from Portal
    • ?
    • ?
    • Sonic
    • Girl from Siberia?
    • Lara Croft
    • Guy from GTA?
    • Bowser
    • Character from Animal Crossing

+2 out of 10 screamed "Siberia" or "guy from GTA".   Edit* Guess 3rd lady in 2nd row is not from Siberia, lol.

Edited by nesmaster14