IGNORED

The GOLDEN GANONS 2023 nomination thread 3 - Supreme Collecting Achievements!!!

OptOut

1018205509_logoawards.png.dd296861f595ad83cc445ec0dcd37ccb.png

Welcome to the THIRD nominations thread for the GOLDEN GANON AWARDS 2023!!! This time we are collecting nominations for awards relating to collecting achievements among our wonderful community members! Please submit your nominations for the following categories below!

1. VGS' Green-eyed Award; Pick-up of the year - Which single game, unique item or job-lot score by a VGS member made you GREEN with envy (or simply congratulate them on their great pick-up)!

2. VGS' Ultimate Collection - Which member here has shown off VGS' best collection? Bonus points for unique and unusual items, cool display ideas and of course EPIC gameroom photos!!!

3. VGS' Collectors' Collector Award - Which collector of VGS do you admire most, not just in terms of items owned or how they curate their collection, but also in their attitude, sharing knowledge and how they foster LOVE for the hobby within our community.

We're really getting in to the love of the games with this one, the hobby that has brought people from all over the world here into this community! Let's get those nominations rolling in for our deserving collecting champions!!! 😍

• Like 1

Social Team · Posted

I'm not too sure on 1 & 2, but I got to give it to @spacepup for #3.  I haven't seen the photos but I know the collection is extensive, but most importantly is his documenting and sharing of information for preservation purposes.  I mean, you got to have a good reason to spend so much on a collection right!?!  Also helps swallow the pill of buying crap/non-functioning games for completion purposes.  

• Love 1

These questions are too hard.  

Ive got nothing for #1  -- wait, wait.  The dentist.  Has to be the dentist.

#2 @goldenpp72i think?  I spent way to long looking and I can’t confirm but if it’s the collection I’m thinking of it’s stunning.  Also a fan of @CodysGameRoom.  I learned today that more of you bastards need to document your game rooms in the show off thread.

#3 For me it has to be @Dr. Morbisand that whole crew opening up sealed NES games to document the contents.  Legends.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Editorials Team · Posted
44 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

I have a pretty nice setup. Idk if it touches some of you guys though. But I always share lots of photos on my instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/codysgameroom/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZnBSiUOd6U/

"HORSE the Band"

xluna-high-five.gif

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
56 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

I have a pretty nice setup. Idk if it touches some of you guys though. But I always share lots of photos on my instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/codysgameroom/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZnBSiUOd6U/

I mean at least in terms of quantity it beats the shit out of my collection.

14 hours ago, OptOut said:

Feel free to post your pics here, and even nominate yourselves if you have absolutely no shame, lol! 😅

I definitely won't nominate myself, unfortunately my area is in total duress due to a big project I'm working on, so I'll just post some varied timeframe photos. I have over 10,000 CIB games across about 40 systems curated to my taste after 15 years. Here is a link to a public dump with some dozens of photo's of various timeframes. https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOKVIGlzC-J7q3XyA8QcvHkzFC3113sZCo9pyL7mMXubrBKzcM5PQQWrSZNorVT6Q?key=QkJaeGRkYkt4eHRMbUR0YnlBWXU0NTRtYlhXcnNn

And here are a few choice pictures so I don't clog up the thread too much.

AL9nZEVW6BAnyI5ZMN6tIJgdXVh9VuU1nVjzRXb2AL9nZEVE3ZvIixOLuJzrowNmBilbCq20Q87OK67aAL9nZEVk05afuEUyOoxYc23obaRLFAFC2jdvok2eAL9nZEUzyByMhiN2Iv8XlAqfom0sYQ6vAKYQCsoEAL9nZEUwSDrV6hsyrM8WCohMA59O1Mjby_L9w5pCAL9nZEW1E0CIbrGmhgIwNbOVsXYQUbvLybeX0srGAL9nZEUUgzmMZWO5avYxP9e0udKK9yW7UJvQvI5sAL9nZEXL-5RIw6Sh2I92ZnDOIdf2kkkgWndcf9t9AL9nZEXdOZ9XmfdBo5LUxnYDLguCnyGjQqA1X1sXAL9nZEVlMGXOVLf3Xe4GpVbaLuX4YdtWdsfPlL1PAL9nZEWEXYENoVjFkw1iDo2NF9QneqcuyNOavk6f

Edited by goldenpp72
  • Like 2
  • Wow! 3
  • Love 2

Administrator · Posted
4 minutes ago, goldenpp72 said:

I definitely won't nominate myself, unfortunately my area is in total duress due to a big project I'm working on, so I'll just post some varied timeframe photos. Here is a link to a public dump with some dozens of photo's of various timeframes. https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOKVIGlzC-J7q3XyA8QcvHkzFC3113sZCo9pyL7mMXubrBKzcM5PQQWrSZNorVT6Q?key=QkJaeGRkYkt4eHRMbUR0YnlBWXU0NTRtYlhXcnNn

And here are a few choice pictures so I don't clog up the thread too much.

AL9nZEVE3ZvIixOLuJzrowNmBilbCq20Q87OK67aAL9nZEVk05afuEUyOoxYc23obaRLFAFC2jdvok2eAL9nZEUzyByMhiN2Iv8XlAqfom0sYQ6vAKYQCsoEAL9nZEUwSDrV6hsyrM8WCohMA59O1Mjby_L9w5pCAL9nZEW1E0CIbrGmhgIwNbOVsXYQUbvLybeX0srGAL9nZEUUgzmMZWO5avYxP9e0udKK9yW7UJvQvI5sAL9nZEXL-5RIw6Sh2I92ZnDOIdf2kkkgWndcf9t9AL9nZEXdOZ9XmfdBo5LUxnYDLguCnyGjQqA1X1sXAL9nZEWEXYENoVjFkw1iDo2NF9QneqcuyNOavk6f

There he is!

I nominate this guy!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Right, I'm ready to give my nominations!

1. Not for a single pick-up, necessarily, but just for his consistent great pick ups throughout the year, I'm going to shout out @MiamiSlice! For sheer variety and quality of stuff he tends to accumulate, it's right up my alley! 😉

2. Definitely most impressive collection, for the sheer scope, comprehensiveness and incredible obscure items on display is @VideoGameGalaxy. It's absolutely MINDMELTING some of the stuff in this collection, it's insane:

3. I want to second the nomination for @spacepup as my collector's collector, for sure, I don't think anyone is nearly as magnanimous as this guy and he REALLY knows his stuff! He does insane stuff for preservation too, helping to catalogue tens of thousands of releases from all over the world!

However, as @spacepup has been nominated already, I'm also going to throw out another personal fave collector here, spread the love a little, the XBOX king @drxandy!!! He's a BIG inspiration to me on my own XBOX collecting journey, and even though I know my XBOX collection will never be a patch on his, I always love seeing his additions! 😍

• Love 4

Graphics Team · Posted

1 ) VGS' Green-eyed Award; Pick-up of the year - Which single game, unique item or job-lot score by a VGS member made you GREEN with envy (or simply congratulate them on their great pick-up)!

There are too many of these to list, but I remember (on several occasions) drooling over the Mega Drive shooters our very own @OptOut has been stacking up over the last couple of years.

Spoiler
On 12/17/2022 at 6:47 AM, OptOut said:

IMG20221217212758.jpg.eacae964282e9061f166764f8f07bac8.jpg

2 ) VGS' Ultimate Collection - Which member here has shown off VGS' best collection? Bonus points for unique and unusual items, cool display ideas and of course EPIC gameroom photos!!!

There are some obvious heavy-hitting contenders here, as plenty of people have already mentioned, but I've always been amazed at the highly-curated stuff, like @Nintegageo's Neo Geo collection and @Ulrizza's extensive Tetris set.

Spoiler
On 11/29/2019 at 9:34 AM, Nintegageo said:

20191129_122405.jpg

20191129_122040.jpg

On 7/10/2022 at 2:44 PM, Ulrizza said:

Here is my current Tetris collection:

1147957211_20220628_221437(1).jpg.d6ea21570a487206a0703acb820598a1.jpg

3 ) VGS' Collectors' Collector Award - Which collector of VGS do you admire most, not just in terms of items owned or how they curate their collection, but also in their attitude, sharing knowledge and how they foster LOVE for the hobby within our community.

I've gotta go with @ThePhleo on this one. What a wealth of knowledge...

-CasualCart

• Thanks 2
  • Wow! 2

@DefaultGen is my nomination for find of the year for potentially finding a US NES Super Mario Bros., prototype? It’s something for sure if not a proto.

@fcgamer is my choice for best collection. Display doesn’t mean anything, anyone can just buy stuff and make it look shiny with money, but no one can amass and catalog a collection as unique as his.

@OptOut is just the dude of the year. Honestly, we need a “Dude of the year except Optout” category, so my second runner up is @K.Thrower … maybe some of y’all don’t love the company he’s involved with, but this man still loves the hobby and elevated it to a new level, keeping it fresh for at least one more generation of new collectors.

Thanks for the nomination @CasualCart the check is in mail.

• Thanks 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThePhleo said:

@DefaultGen is my nomination for find of the year for potentially finding a US NES Super Mario Bros., prototype? It’s something for sure if not a proto.

@fcgamer is my choice for best collection. Display doesn’t mean anything, anyone can just buy stuff and make it look shiny with money, but no one can amass and catalog a collection as unique as his.

@OptOut is just the dude of the year. Honestly, we need a “Dude of the year except Optout” category, so my second runner up is @K.Thrower … maybe some of y’all don’t love the company he’s involved with, but this man still loves the hobby and elevated it to a new level, keeping it fresh for at least one more generation of new collectors.

Thanks for the nomination @CasualCart the check is in mail.

Thanks, means a lot @ThePhleo ❤️

• Like 1