IGNORED

The GOLDEN GANONS 2023 nomination thread 3 - Supreme Collecting Achievements!!!

OptOut

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

K Thrower literally never visited the site in 2022 😛

Maybe that’s true, but yeah, I guess my own interactions with him don’t count.

I recast my vote for @Gloves then. Somehow pushing through and sticking with it even after Google effed up the community during a growth phase.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1) don’t really remember anything making me jealous but I know that when @Renmauzo and @Galdius post I think to myself “cool pickups”.

2) @goldenpp72 has always been my favourite setup on here. It just looks impressive and I love how every time I look at it I notice something new.

3) @fcgamer I know it’s all about the NES for the large majority here but even though I didn’t grow up with it I’ve fallen in love with the Famicom more. His guide has helped me heaps when I’m unsure of things. I’m not into bootlegs but his info in that field is also unmatched. Sure, he has a weird way of conveying the info sometimes (like that recent thread lol) but I think it comes from passion.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 1/19/2023 at 5:12 PM, CasualCart said:

2 ) VGS' Ultimate Collection - Which member here has shown off VGS' best collection? Bonus points for unique and unusual items, cool display ideas and of course EPIC gameroom photos!!!

There are some obvious heavy-hitting contenders here, as plenty of people have already mentioned, but I've always been amazed at the highly-curated stuff, like @Nintegageo's Neo Geo collection and @Ulrizza's extensive Tetris set.

Hi @CasualCart

I'm surprised, I don't have much in my collection and always feel like I have really nothing compared to all the people here 😄

My Tetris collection makes me very happy but I'm still missing some and I only try to have one of each 🙂
@JVOSS already have them all and continues to search for very small variations. If you think "Ultimate collection" JVOSS's is way above mine!

Anyway It's nice to know that someone else enjoy my small collection, thank you 😊

Edited by Ulrizza
  • Like 2

Graphics Team · Posted
On 1/16/2023 at 10:19 PM, OptOut said:

3. VGS' Collectors' Collector Award - Which collector of VGS do you admire most, not just in terms of items owned or how they curate their collection, but also in their attitude, sharing knowledge and how they foster LOVE for the hobby within our community.

3 hours ago, GPX said:

3. @CasualCart. What can’t this guy do on a gaming forum?

Haha I'm a garbage collector, dude. My whole library is made up of chewed-up, loose carts. And even my "good stuff" is a hoax (my copy of Little Samson is ... dare I say ... the PAL version!)

Happy to be acknowledged, though. I'd be lying if I said I didn't love your own contributions to VGS, too. You make some of the best, most thought-provoking discussion points for sure.

-CasualCart

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted
On 1/20/2023 at 11:50 AM, Ulrizza said:

Hi @CasualCart

I'm surprised, I don't have much in my collection and always feel like I have really nothing compared to all the people here 😄

My Tetris collection makes me very happy but I'm still missing some and I only try to have one of each 🙂
@JVOSS already have them all and continues to search for very small variations. If you think "Ultimate collection" JVOSS's is way above mine!

Anyway It's nice to know that someone else enjoy my small collection, thank you 😊

I think the thing that really makes me admire a collection is the passion of the collector who curated it. Maybe your Tetris collection isn't the most robust on this forum, but your fervor for it is infectious and that goes a long way.

-CasualCart

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, CasualCart said:

Haha I'm a garbage collector, dude. My whole library is made up of chewed-up, loose carts. And even my "good stuff" is a hoax (my copy of Little Samson is ... dare I say ... the PAL version!)

Happy to be acknowledged, though. I'd be lying if I said I didn't love your own contributions to VGS, too. You make some of the best, most thought-provoking discussion points for sure.

-CasualCart

As far as I’m concerned, anyone with a collection and cherishes it IS a collector. As for the contributions to the forum, I think there are plenty of worthy nominees, I just happen to be an art fan so I’m a bit biased. 🙂

And thanks for the acknowledgment! 🤛

• Like 1