IGNORED

2022 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Tournament Round 1

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, Dr. Morbis said:

@BeaIank Could you copy/paste Guillavoie's tabulated results to your reserved post on the first page so that it's easier to find?  Thanks.

I am doing that early in the morning tomorrow. Today was too hectic for me to post the final standings.

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Dr. Morbis said:

@BeaIank Could you copy/paste Guillavoie's tabulated results to your reserved post on the first page so that it's easier to find?  Thanks.

58 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

I am doing that early in the morning tomorrow. Today was too hectic for me to post the final standings.

I copy/pasted it in the OP as a temporary solution!

Bea will most likely have a better looking standing done tomorrow or soon enough.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

It’s actually crazy to think about how perfectly bad the gameplay scenarios where that led up to the failure 😂

Thats crazy you got right to the end...I'm almost glad I didnt get that far.  I actually spent a fair bit of time on the game but obviously I needed more, I started on Saturday and just couldnt get far enough and I knew with 3 hours left that even if I got to 5-1 that my score might not hold up, and it would have been awful at that point to do it again.  Even getting all the health drops I was losing just enough along the way to not make it through.  Didnt even get a chance at the Organ Grinder.  Ah well... I got a fluke point for Pro Wrestling at least and now I'm just gonna ignore Life Force and start in on Qbert now.  Deadly hard game in its own right though

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Krunch said:

Thats crazy you got right to the end...I'm almost glad I didnt get that far.  I actually spent a fair bit of time on the game but obviously I needed more, I started on Saturday and just couldnt get far enough and I knew with 3 hours left that even if I got to 5-1 that my score might not hold up, and it would have been awful at that point to do it again.  Even getting all the health drops I was losing just enough along the way to not make it through.  Didnt even get a chance at the Organ Grinder.  Ah well... I got a fluke point for Pro Wrestling at least and now I'm just gonna ignore Life Force and start in on Qbert now.  Deadly hard game in its own right though

Ya Batman returns is kinda tough. I still fell like the controls are fickle. taking some hits cause he wouldn’t slide. taking some hits cause Batman is facing the wrong way even though i mashed the d pad to turn him, taking some hits because now Batman just standing there while I’m hitting “b”. Plus the hit detection feels sloppy. 

qbert is insane I know I won’t touch it as I can’t compete with good players. I will be putting some effort into life force.

good luck brother!

Edited by docile tapeworm

11 hours ago, mbd39 said:

Game is a bit harder than I remember it being. Mainly because of Organ Grinder. It's a good idea to save as many batarangs as you can for him.

I think I may have screwed myself out of a point with the batarangs. I had all 9 for organ grinder and used them. Finished him off that run with a full box of health in reserve. I dont think you get points for hits with those. 

17 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:
32 minutes ago, Krunch said:

I'm just gonna ignore Life Force and start in on Qbert now.  Deadly hard game in its own right though

qbert is insane I know I won’t touch it as I can’t compete with good players. I will be putting some effort into life force.

good luck brother!

Sounds like this week is gonna be like a middle school dance.  All the boys are gonna play Q*Bert and all the girls are gonna play Lifeforce... ♓

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, docile tapeworm said:

Ya Batman returns is kinda tough. I still fell like the controls are fickle. taking some hits cause he wouldn’t slide. taking some hits cause Batman is facing the wrong way even though i mashed the d pad to turn him, taking some hits because now Batman just standing there while I’m hitting “b”. Plus the hit detection feels sloppy. 

good luck brother!

Yeah they are a bit loose, kinda odd, not necessarily really bad.  The sliding was inaccurate sometimes, and I was trying to use slide to finish enemies when they have 1 HP left, because you are essentially awarded double points for the last HP on each guy.  It wasnt bad but sometimes the sliding just makes you slip and so even if its not a complete miss it can lead you down a bad path.  

The special move which I really tried to limit, I just used it to 1-hit the two gun guys surrounding the electric floor, it also wasnt super easy to pull off, so on lots of runs that part was expensive for health cause I might spend health to fail the special, then usually get hit and then have to use special again sometimes.  Although sometimes I would just outright flub the special, do something else and not spend health, but still.

53 minutes ago, PII said:

Sounds like this week is gonna be like a middle school dance.  All the boys are gonna play Q*Bert and all the girls are gonna play Lifeforce... ♓

No way im getting top 4 in Life force, so yes ill be on the grind qbert side.  I just played a bit but im not playing that good tonight.  Good warmup still.  Devious ruleset

1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

I think I may have screwed myself out of a point with the batarangs. I had all 9 for organ grinder and used them. Finished him off that run with a full box of health in reserve. I dont think you get points for hits with those. 

Damn this also stings to read

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PII said:

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

More like all of the cool kids will play Q*Bert and the nerds will play Life Force. 

i got your nerdy girl for you right here 

F7617466-67F9-4DA1-87D6-8191381F4001.gif.76b30e4cca31e3a987e6e28023bf0adb.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 1