IGNORED

2022 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Tournament Round 1

BeaIank

11 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

Man I'm having a tough go.  I can't get past the tiny helicopters in Batman and I have no idea how to play Pro Wrestling.  I haven't really played either game prior to this tournament.

No excuses blowbot your going down on me this week I’m not letting you get away with it after that prom night comment.

• Haha 2

Events Team · Posted
41 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

That you get a health refill every 10k points is another issue for point pressing. Either way I don't want to point press.

Considering that Nesfiend's and Dr. Morbis' scores aren't that much higher than yours and they point pressed, the 10K points refil isn't too much of a issue.

• Like 1

I don’t remember the controls being this bad. there awful! It feels like no response. I’ll try to punch and he does nothing. I try to move he does nothing. When I take a hit is it suppose to make me freeze like that lol. Im straight button mashing there is no technique involved whatsoever. I don’t even think it matters.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

I don’t remember the controls being this bad. there awful! It feels like no response. I’ll try to punch and he does nothing. I try to move he does nothing. When I take a hit is it suppose to make me freeze like that lol. Im straight button mashing there is no technique involved whatsoever. I don’t even think it matters.

Are you playing possum or what?  You got a 20 million point score coming down the pipe on Sunday...  ???

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

I don't know if this is your issue, but... If you're holding down and try to punch, Batman will block instead. If you're holding down and try to jump, Batman will do a slide attack.

Other than this, if you're trying to punch or jump and nothing happens then it's your controller not the game.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
5 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Nah I’m in a battle with @JamesRobot this week I just now getting passed the little helicopters lol and I haven’t touched pro wrestling.

Same.  Finally made it to the next level in Batman last night.  Control is way worse for Pro Wrestling.  At least I've made a little progress in Batman.

8 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I don't know if this is your issue, but... If you're holding down and try to punch, Batman will block instead. If you're holding down and try to jump, Batman will do a slide attack.

Other than this, if you're trying to punch or jump and nothing happens then it's your controller not the game.

Ya half the time I’m trying to walk Batman towards the bottom of the screen to attack an enemy. Your right, I guess he is blocking cause I’m like ok the enemy is close, punch! Nope just stands there and I get clobbered by one of those round fellas. 

and the slide never works when I need it to. Slide damn it! Slide! Nope to late and the enemy is pounding me but as soon as the enemy lets up I slide… away from the enemy lol

9 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Ya half the time I’m trying to walk Batman towards the bottom of the screen to attack an enemy. Your right, I guess he is blocking cause I’m like ok the enemy is close, punch! Nope just stands there and I get clobbered by one of those round fellas. 

and the slide never works when I need it to. Slide damn it! Slide! Nope to late and the enemy is pounding me but as soon as the enemy lets up I slide… away from the enemy lol

Slide attack should work every time as long as you're holding down. Maybe you're instinctively pressing punch when you should be pressing the jump button to slide. What's annoying is accidentally sliding instead of jumping when you need to jump kick the motorcycle guys.

This game isn't bad, but it does not play as well as the Turtles games. No wonder it isn't as popular.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamesRobot said:

Same.  Finally made it to the next level in Batman last night.  Control is way worse for Pro Wrestling.  At least I've made a little progress in Batman.

No matter what I do in Pro-Wrestling, the computer stomps my ass. I can barely even get a hit in.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, mbd39 said:

No matter what I do in Pro-Wrestling, the computer stomps my ass. I can barely even get a hit in.

I'm sorry, man, but this is some funny shit! 🙂 

When you're grappling with the opponent, you need to rapidly tap a button and hold a direction on the D-pad to do a move.  Try different directions to do different things.  I hope this helps you at least a little...  🤷‍♂️

30 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I'm sorry, man, but this is some funny shit! 🙂 

When you're grappling with the opponent, you need to rapidly tap a button and hold a direction on the D-pad to do a move.  Try different directions to do different things.  I hope this helps you at least a little...  🤷‍♂️

I knew that much, but this game is entirely new to me. I'll get a feel for it with some practice.