IGNORED

Elon and Twitter

MrWunderful

2 minutes ago, Brickman said:

Yeah but there’s a political thread…go use that. Not everyone always wants to read about politics.

I know politics is an American sport but it gets exhausting having to read something I have no interest in, in a thread about Elon and Twitter. 

See, this is where you’re 100% wrong….

Sports can only WISH they can be as popular as politics over here. And that’s saying a lot because sports are freaking POPULAR over here.

But yeah I agree we did go a little too deep.

27 minutes ago, Brickman said:

Yeah but there’s a political thread…go use that. Not everyone always wants to read about politics.

Totally fair point but if someone brings it up I'm not going to ignore it, if I have something to say about it. That pretty much goes for any topic. Where are those mods to keep up on topic, damn it! @Gloves ?? other guy?? police this shit!

Administrator · Posted

It's a forum and there's some sense in that any thread about Elon Musk may get political with him being so open about his own stances, and the argument that he's very much using Twitter to push something resembling an agenda.

As long as we're not out here bashing one side or the other (seriously the divide in North America between right and left is ridiculous) and especially not attacking literally each other (person to person) I see no real harm in making mention of the politics in relation to the topic at hand.

But when things start veering away from the topic itself it's a Recipe for Disaster (fun Runescape quest!) so, let's take this opportunity to hop in our DeLoreans, get 'em moving at 88mph, and hit the proverbial reset button on the conversation.

Elon bad man, Twitter dumb.

My fiancé works in the trust & safety space so she's been following this Twitter fiasco fairly close. Apparently yesterday someone tweeted that Twitter was too slow on their phone so Musk turned off 80% of the micro-processes running in the background and this caused two factor authentication to stop working, so people who logged out and had 2FA could no longer log back in.

This HAS to be on purpose at this point.

• Haha 2

Social Team · Posted

This is an absolute shit show on Twitter.  I mean sometimes you need to rebuild from scratch to make meaningful long lasting improvements.  But also seems like Elon is learning why things are the way they are after he removes something.  Or changes the policy and finds out what it was preventing from happening.  I'm curious to see how it turns out.  Will there a be a twitter phoenix that will rise out of the burning of Twitter??  Or am I just watching a rich man becoming slightly less rich by blowing billions of dollars.

3 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:
  I'm curious to see how it turns out.  Will there a be a twitter phoenix that will rise out of the burning of Twitter??  Or am I just watching a rich man becoming slightly less rich by blowing billions of dollars.

Same.

Musk will still be insanely rich, so it's not like bankrupting Twitter will actually affect him. And of course, it sucks for the actual employees of the company getting canned.

But it's just funny to see Musk self implode Twitter so ignorantly.

Like, why be so brazen about it? If he wasn't such a dick about the $8 thing maybe it could have worked a *little better for them?

Hahaha, even know I know it was destined to fail, the intensity that people took to Twitter to destroy it was incredible. It still would have happened, but I don't think Elon pissing everyone off helped. 

Edited by AirVillain

13 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

Will there a be a twitter phoenix that will rise out of the burning of Twitter??  Or am I just watching a rich man becoming slightly less rich by blowing billions of dollars.

A lot of people are moving to Mastodon "decentralized social media". 

It's very interesting but I'm not sure it can attain critical mass. 

↓ and it's FOSS.

B703B139-0A1A-481C-A313-0891532E69E0.jpeg

3 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Are you blind?  He knows exactly what he's doing.

Come on, guys.... 😬

He could be playing any kind of game, but I think this is mostly hubris and he doesn't understand human interaction.

Why pay double so you can tank it? Maybe some ridiculous revenge, but then why all the waffling? 

5 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Are you blind?  He knows exactly what he's doing.

Ruining his reputation and destroying just about any future business prospects he might hope to accomplish? Even the richest dude in the world doesn't have $44 billion in liquid cash to spend willy-nilly, it's tied up in stocks that have a lot of gotchas if things don't start getting on track soon. There's some huge ramifications to his own bottom line he's going to feel when this shakes out.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2022 at 11:00 AM, Tanooki said:

Well he was right, it was loaded with bots and trolls, and now the trolls are in full swing not even caring to hide under their bridges anymore.

It's almost like the platform that he claims he will free speech on had multiple uses, including jokes.