IGNORED

Elon and Twitter

MrWunderful

Editorials Team · Posted
On 7/3/2023 at 9:13 AM, spacepup said:

While there are many problems with social media, I can share a real-world practical example of where it can be helpful.  Yesterday, we had some really bad storms and then tornado warnings in my area.  I was watching the news - a meteorologist I really like and trust - and he mentioned a worrisome cloud forming literally on the large street where I live.  Then he went off the air because they lost power.  

I grabbed my dogs and went to the safest spot in my house, and tried to pull up the feed on my phone but the station was without power and their generator failed.  So then we checked facebook (from a notification on twitter) where the meteorologists improvised and started streaming from their phones on facebook live to continue sharing information and warnings for the state.

I know this is a limited example, but after the event was over (we are fine, just have no power for a couple days), I realized that it was a really great example of where social media can actually be a really helpful/useful tool to disseminating information quickly - in this case, potentially life-saving information.

Social media gives me instant video of touchdowns and home runs.  Yeah 😎

Administrator · Posted
26 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Already threatening a lawsuit lol. You know he is tripping

A lawsuit for what, exactly? Like on what grounds? Anyone can make any website they want as long as its not copy-pasted from another site. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2023 at 10:17 AM, a3quit4s said:

Ah yes Jeff from GoCollect, a true friend to the gamer, whose love for video games transcends that of the monetary concerns of man and only wishes to preserve video game history with no thought of prospering from it. 

If I ever met that guy in person, I'd say "What you did was not cool, man, but I don't mind because hopefully now you will see how badly you fucked up and we all worship Gloves now, when you could left things as they were and been the evil overlord. We are at a better place, now, though. MUCH BETTER than you could have ever done. LONG LIVE GLOVES!!! GLOVES AND THE SAGE! GLOVES AND THE SAGE! GLOVES AND THE SAGE!!!!" And start chanting in his face. 😅

If I met Elon in person I'd say "I find it confusing how someone with that much money could find a way to screw it up that badly. You literally could have done NOTHING and would have more money than you have now. You also control enough resources with that "money" to change the world, like when you balked on the $6B to "end world hunger" and spent WAY MORE THAN THAT on Twitter and promptly rammed it into the ground. Your "business decisions" are confusing and you are seemingly a terrible person who doesn't give a shit about other people. Please consider redistributing your resources to other more capable parties and going and living on an island somewhere far away from any decision making."

Edited by AirVillain

• 6 months later...