IGNORED

Elon and Twitter

MrWunderful

1 minute ago, FireHazard51 said:

I'm 100% sure business schools are talking about him right now in how he's handling the company.  You act like Elon is the only idiot to tank a tech company in a short period of time after taking over and making drastic changes to how it's run.  If anything they will point to it as extreme example that everyone knows of from pop culture.  Where many of the examples of fuck ups of smaller companies will be unknow and not as "relatable".  If you think there is nothing to learn from his actions because they are "obvious" then that's cool.  But common sense isn't common.  His horrible mistakes are known by many in the industry to avoid for sure.  But a "dumb" college kid isn't a high up business person with years of experience and knowledge.  Also it'd be fun to point out that college students have more business sense than the wealthiest businessman in the world.  

Yeah, the class on Elon Musk tanking twitter will be right after the class at West Point discussing how falling on one's sword results in a loss of life.

Come on, man!!!

• Like 1

Social Team · Posted
17 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Yeah, the class on Elon Musk tanking twitter will be right after the class at West Point discussing how falling on one's sword results in a loss of life.

Come on, man!!!

As someone from the military I can't tell you how often I've had safety briefings over the DUMBEST THINGS that cause loss of life or major harm to people.  If we used swords in combat I can tell you two things.

1.   Some idiot(s) WILL fall on it and kill themselves
  2.   There will be a class/safety briefing on how to run with a sword and they will 100% tell you to not fall on it.

I think you really under estimate the general public and general college students intelligence.  

Oh, forgot to mention.  NO ONE is exempt form the idiot safety briefings in the military.  Cadets would be right up there with privates in doing dumb shit in the military.  Books smarts doesn't equal common sense.  If you spent the SMALLEST amount of time with Cadets you'd know that too.

Social Team · Posted
27 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I was an Air Cadet for seven years and got my Glider's License and Pilot's Licence during that time; does that count?  😛

Kanuck cadets probably aren't as dumb as Merica's cadets so maybe that is why you didn't have the same experience as me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:
2 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

If you spent the SMALLEST amount of time with Cadets you'd know that too.

I was an Air Cadet for seven years and got my Glider's License and Pilot's Licence during that time; does that count?  😛

I was actually just reading something the night before last about how British Agencies eg. MI5, MI6, M-section etc. taught recruits not to attach their knife to their front while in the field because its really easy to accidentally stab oneself in the belly while crawling on the ground.  This was a reference from back in the 40's.  Common sense was certainly more common then, but even a person with it could make a mistake like this when they're unfamiliar.  All that being the case I really can't see current schools teaching a course about a guy who would seem to have been tasked with deliberately tanking a company.  Pretty sure those kind of courses aren't taught out in the open. 😉 

On 11/18/2022 at 8:26 AM, Strange said:

It’s so sad lol. Dude has billions and billions of dollars and he’s worried about what the internet thinks about him. It’s like he hits every tweet thinking “Yeah this will be the one that makes everyone think I’m funny and cool!” Reeks of the made fun of kid in school acting out in ways he thinks the popular kids will find funny and just gets bullied harder because of it.

70C7AC34-52EE-4F84-BADA-A96BAB183C3C.jpeg

I somehow missed this meme and comment.

I agree.

And this meme is a perfect example because it is, in itself pretty funny. The context, however, is not.... and just makes Elon look like MORE of a dick.

If this was some sort of other situation it would be awesome and I would probably "lol"... . but since Elon fired this guy, got locked out of Twitter, and then has to beg him through clout on the internet to get him back.... is not as funny.

It's funny that Elon needs to be that "Cool" that he will do this type of shit instead of just dealing with it privately.

Also, This Ligma fellow (and the other person) should be finding a way to capitalize on this and brand this shit. Especially since they're back there now. Use this time to build some random Ligma Office Mug brand, and then fucking peace out, or end up SAVING Twitter by ousting Elon. Either way, it can be a win, win for Ligma.  

• 2 weeks later...

Musk has gone full right wing troll. 

Hilarious watching him lean into the whole mad up Fauci lab drama, while still kissing the ring of the CCP so he can sell more Teslas there. 

“Fauci started Corona virus!”

”where though?”

”somewhere, just not China because China is super impressive and awesome”

Administrator · Posted
6 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

He was on Chappelle's show, and got booed to hell. Chappelle had to step in to save him.

Musk honestly looked shaken.

Gosh, that'd suck. It'd be a shame if there were like, a video online showing this. Do you know if any videos of this exist? I'd like to know where those videos are so I can avoid those websites.

4 hours ago, Gloves said:

Gosh, that'd suck. It'd be a shame if there were like, a video online showing this. Do you know if any videos of this exist? I'd like to know where those videos are so I can avoid those websites.

You aren't wrong. I would personally be embarrassed to have that on my internet viewing history. Be careful out there. I hear even trusted news sources like CNN link to it!

• 4 weeks later...

Given how he is exposing a lot of disgusting antics at the company, I think he knew what would happen and it's utterly and completely totally worth it.  The shameless shitty largely one sided behavior, doing hits on private citizens right to speech at the request of a democrat congress critter is beyond shame, given their oath of office says to uphold the constitution, should have some consequences.  These are some of these consequences.  I'm sure I'll get some lefty on here making some snarky comment or some frowns and likes, whatever, that's all I got to say on it at this rate.  It had to happen, it needed to happen, the so called twitter files are more than enough.

Maybe some laughs because it’s obvious you have no idea how a free market works. Or what freedom of speech means, and why private companies don’t have to follow the same rules as the government when it comes to the first amendment.

Plus, how can you even see this? Didn’t you block me because I asked you to back up your conspiratorial nonsense about Fauci with evidence? Lol

• 1 month later...

https://gizmodo.com/elon-musk-tweets-all-over-twitter-for-you-feed-1850111807

...Musk called a meeting of Twitter’s advisors and engineers to ask why his account, which has nearly 130 million followers, was getting so little views. “This is ridiculous,” he said, as reported by the Platformer newsletter. “I have more than 100 million followers, and I’m only getting tens of thousands of impressions.”

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is insanely hilarious:

Apparently Elon Musk accidentally fired a heroic Icelandic disabled dude with a 100 million dollar dead man's switch written into his contract!

He spent like a full day ripping the shit out of this guy and taunting him for being handicapped before he realised his mistake and came grovelling back, begging him to stay so he doesn't have to pay out the hundred mill... What a fucking enormous douche! 🤣

32 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Apparently Elon Musk accidentally fired a heroic Icelandic disabled dude with a 100 million dollar dead man's switch written into his contract!

He spent like a full day ripping the shit out of this guy and taunting him for being handicapped before he realised his mistake and came grovelling back, begging him to stay so he doesn't have to pay out the hundred mill... What a fucking enormous douche!

I'll admit I never heard of Haraldur Thorleifsson until this whole thing blew up, but from what I read he sounds like a stand-up guy.

He doesn't exactly have a dead-man switch in his contract; when his company was bought out by Twitter in 2021 he chose to take the payment in salary so he would pay more in taxes to his native Iceland as his way of giving back to the social programs he benefitted from. His contract simply states if he leaves Twitter, he'll get any remaining payment in one lump sum.

It was pretty disgusting seeing the Elon sycophants yesterday go "Hurr hurr! It's just like Office Space!" like it was a joke and mock the poor guy, only to later act like Elon is somehow magnanimous for apologizing for a situation he created. 

Edited by Teh_Lurv

• 3 months later...