IGNORED

CasualCart's Ink-tober 2022

T-Pac

Events Team · Posted
57 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

03 - Megmat [Zelda II]

Those were some great suggestions as usual, @ZeldaFreak! A reliable Youtube video told me that Zelda II is the rarest hidden gem on the NES...

-CasualCart

image.jpeg.f3937cf00e33f9c45a6524befd92ee7b.jpeg

image.jpeg.4ebcdef6550d5b1a189b515bb195d12b.jpeg

Hahaha, I love him! I always saw the white part as a big ol' beard, but I love the way you interpreted it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Hahaha, I love him! I always saw the white part as a big ol' beard, but I love the way you interpreted it.

Funny we all see it differently. I see a bird with a beak and his two white feet at the bottom, the black part by his feet being his tail feathers, the bluish part being his belly and the black parts around that being his folded up wings. And then the white dot in the middle of his head is a third eye like a third eye Raven. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Set of Enemies Characters from 8-bit Mickey Mousecapade Classic Video Game,  Pixel Design Vector Illustration Editorial Photo - Illustration of classic,  bird: 239752181

Your choice of the enemy sprites from Mickey Mousecapade. Not Bluto or the Croc though because I believe they have appeared in cartoon form previously I think most of the others are original to the game and fair play.

I think those are mostly original, except the guy on the end looks like the Walrus from Alice In Wonderland.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Set of Enemies Characters from 8-bit Mickey Mousecapade Classic Video Game,  Pixel Design Vector Illustration Editorial Photo - Illustration of classic,  bird: 239752181

Your choice of the enemy sprites from Mickey Mousecapade. Not Bluto or the Croc though because I believe they have appeared in cartoon form previously I think most of the others are original to the game and fair play.

The dude one to the left of the dragonfly looks high. Then the guy right below the high guys is um uh yea I have no clue what that is. Oh look high guy number two one to the right of scorpion dude

• Love 1

Administrator · Posted
On 10/2/2022 at 9:01 AM, CasualCart said:

I know you can find me a deeper-cut than Metroid, Cap'n! What's your favorite obscure / C-tier NES game?

I think you did Death Breath from Kid Niki a few years ago (or last year; they all blur together since the Covid era started).

I'll see what else I can come up with, but I wanted to see a Metroid done in your style?

9 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Pete there and the Walrus is from Alice, technically also would be the other two next to the Walrus if you really wanted to make the argument.  You have one of Captain Hooks pirate crew and then the gator it Tick-Tock the croc.

Eh like I said, plenty of original baddies to choose from 😄 

• Agree 1

Graphics Team · Posted
2 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

I think you did Death Breath from Kid Niki a few years ago (or last year; they all blur together since the Covid era started).

I'll see what else I can come up with, but I wanted to see a Metroid done in your style?

Sick! And yeah - I'll definitely have to do a dedicated thread for "characters in CasualCart style" at some point so the suggestions can be a little less restricted.

-CasualCart

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CasualCart said:

04 - Yellow Jet-Plane [River Raid]

@drxandy I tried to make this a little more interesting than a standard airplane, so I just ... uh ... I just put a face on it haha.

-CasualCart

image.jpeg.c8867257308911115da5c36e6113fe32.jpeg

image.jpeg.5097a766d624bfa174f897792073eaed.jpeg

So, eh, you numbered this as #04 in the post but 05 in the art.  I also glanced through the list of posts, and unless something didn't load, I didn't see #01.  Am I missing something? 🙂

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RH said:

So, eh, you numbered this as #04 in the post but 05 in the art.  I also glanced through the list of posts, and unless something didn't load, I didn't see #01.  Am I missing something? 🙂

I'm glad someone else noticed.  I picked up on this a couple of days ago and figured I'd wait around to say something, and was going to today when I came across your post when catching up.  There's a 00 that occurred a week before this was supposed to start, then everything else has been numbered in text by the day, but the drawing has been offset by 1.  Did something get drawn but at the last second not make the cut?

• Thanks 1

Graphics Team · Posted
22 hours ago, RH said:

21 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

I'm glad someone else noticed.  I picked up on this a couple of days ago and figured I'd wait around to say something, and was going to today when I came across your post when catching up.  There's a 00 that occurred a week before this was supposed to start, then everything else has been numbered in text by the day, but the drawing has been offset by 1.  Did something get drawn but at the last second not make the cut?

I drew the first batch of these all at once, and mistakenly numbered them as if drawing "00" was drawing "01". By the time I realized, it was too late because ... y'know ... ink haha.

Sorry there's no mystery "01" drawing - I'm just dumb. The numbering will be correct from here on out, though.

-CasualCart

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

@CasualCart is inktober an artist thing?  Apparently my cousin is doing the same thing.  Is it something that most artists tend to do?

Reveal hidden contents

No photo description available.

My sister's cat. 

May be an illustration of indoor

And what she calls her porch gargoyle.

It was an annual online art challenge started in 2009 by this guy named Jake Parker... until 2019 when he tried to copyright it... which was a controversial move that caused it to fracture off into 1000 different October challenges, with many artists just doing their own thing like @CasualCart is doing here.

• Thanks 1