IGNORED

CasualCart's Ink-tober 2022

T-Pac

7 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Wouldn't you be frightened if you were a plane in the air about ready to run out of fuel?

Maybe we’re all looking at it wrong. MAYBE he’s not running out of fuel. MAYBE he’s constipated and has to take a massive dump and the clouds are really his fart clouds. 

• Haha 1

Graphics Team · Posted
23 hours ago, Jeevan said:

@CasualCart is inktober an artist thing?  Apparently my cousin is doing the same thing.  Is it something that most artists tend to do?

Hide contents

No photo description available.

My sister's cat. 

May be an illustration of indoor

And what she calls her porch gargoyle.

Wow - your cousin is putting me to shame here haha! Yeah - it's a very popular annual thing for artists. I learned about it in college, but always had trouble sticking with it until I started doing it here.

-CasualCart

23 hours ago, G-type said:

It was an annual online art challenge started in 2009 by this guy named Jake Parker... until 2019 when he tried to copyright it... which was a controversial move that caused it to fracture off into 1000 different October challenges, with many artists just doing their own thing like @CasualCart is doing here.

See that sneaky hyphen in the thread title? That's so I don't have to worry about a cease-and-desist or anything...

-CasualCart

• Like 2

Graphics Team · Posted

06 - Knight [Castlequest]

@Aguy - I know you asked for one of the other Castlequest sprites, but I saw this one on the image you posted and felt compelled to draw it haha. I want to go back and do one of the other ones later, though...

(Also - I know he's holding a bow-and-arrow, but it looks like a pickaxe in the sprite - so I just went with it.)

-CasualCart

image.jpeg.e1595c5f353a2e2c3c503cf52ca0ebac.jpeg

image.jpeg.780c6f5fb64b1f42726935d51ad908cb.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

Administrator · Posted

How about the Scorpion from Pitfall? Not to guide the hand too much or anything, but as a kid I didn't know it was supposed to be a scorpion. I had played NES games with odd characters like Moai heads and had though it was some little tank with a face or something rather than just a little animal. The tip of the tail was always a pupil to me.

image.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CasualCart said:

06 - Knight [Castlequest]

@Aguy - I know you asked for one of the other Castlequest sprites, but I saw this one on the image you posted and felt compelled to draw it haha. I want to go back and do one of the other ones later, though...

(Also - I know he's holding a bow-and-arrow, but it looks like a pickaxe in the sprite - so I just went with it.)

-CasualCart

image.jpeg.e1595c5f353a2e2c3c503cf52ca0ebac.jpeg

image.jpeg.780c6f5fb64b1f42726935d51ad908cb.jpeg

Very cool piece! Looks like a shyguy with an axe lol. That or a megaman boss or a shovel knight boss

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CasualCart said:

07 - Atlantian Monster [Atlantis No Nazo]

@Red I haven't played Atlantis No Nazo, but the sprite reminds me of the fish-men from Astyanax. This is probably my favorite entry of the year so far...

-CasualCart

image.jpeg.d062e01701dcd813102e04c566c6d7f2.jpeg

image.jpeg.d8160b51925bb4e4f771e370d99126f7.jpeg

Another great piece! Keep ‘em coming!!

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, CasualCart said:

07 - Atlantian Monster [Atlantis No Nazo]

Nice! 

I haven't played Atlantis No Nazo

That might be for the best.  While I got a kick out of the game, it has a reputation for being poorly designed and overly difficult.  I didn't think it was so bad once I got the hang of it, but I completely understand why it's not very well liked.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CasualCart said:

I missed this earlier - have you got something 8-bit for me, Snessy?

-CasualCart

Please do this Yoshi.  I’ll trade my suggestions for it.  That version is so weird but cute, I kind of want to live in the universe where that’s the version we got.

9 hours ago, CasualCart said:

08 - "You're Out!" Guy [International Cricket]

@Famicuber this one was an interesting pick for sure haha. I tried to make him look as grouchy as possible.

-CasualCart

image.jpeg.1eafce12f0ba19861946c85a840546f8.jpeg

image.jpeg.9cecfdffcc38a5ac4b2bd3a581dc818c.jpeg

That is beautiful, your grouchy design of the umpire (that's what these guys are called in Cricket) makes it more appropriate for the voice sample he yells out in the actual game, I love it. 😄

By the way, it's a funny coincidence that my submission was done on the eighth day like my last years submission with Nightshade. 😛

• Like 1

08 - "You're Out!" Guy [International Cricket]

@Famicuber this one was an interesting pick for sure haha. I tried to make him look as grouchy as possible.

-CasualCart

image.jpeg.1eafce12f0ba19861946c85a840546f8.jpeg

image.jpeg.9cecfdffcc38a5ac4b2bd3a581dc818c.jpeg

Lol I thought you might go the Michael jackson route with this one but instead you went this route. Nice stuff!