IGNORED

SMW is not great if you compare it to SMB3... Also, SMB2 stuff

AirVillain

36 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

That is true, I'll give her credit there. And actually now that I think about it I should confirm with her because she really loved Super Mario 3D World on Wii U. The cat suit alone did it I think. 

I take it her and I hope you are fellow cat lovers/parents?🥰

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Silent Hill said:

Also, I really dislike "SMW2"

8 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I remember feeling so deceived as a kid playing what I thought was going to be the sequel to SMW. I've gotten over it and now can enjoy the game for what it is but man, what a let down. 

Add me to your guys list.  That was the near immediate response I had to the game once I got fed up with the wailing of Mario, the very clearly obvious non Mario World it was.  I felt deceived and ripped off, not just the first, but second time.  By the point this was out, retail was paranoid about 'renting' buyers and people with early copier tools so no returns unless broken.  Nintendo was the epitome of fool me once (Super Mario Land 3) shame on you, fool me twice (SMW2) shame on me.

Neither of them were Mario Land or Mario World sequels, lies wrapped into a title to peddle another game within the world, but clearly not being of that design.  I can enjoy both of them ok enough, but never as much as their honest predecessors.  I never have actually finished Yoshi's Island either, loathesome rank system and a few other bits I really disliked, but I do have it, Fauxrio Land 3, I did finish that at least.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Add me to your guys list.  That was the near immediate response I had to the game once I got fed up with the wailing of Mario, the very clearly obvious non Mario World it was.  I felt deceived and ripped off, not just the first, but second time.  By the point this was out, retail was paranoid about 'renting' buyers and people with early copier tools so no returns unless broken.  Nintendo was the epitome of fool me once (Super Mario Land 3) shame on you, fool me twice (SMW2) shame on me.

Neither of them were Mario Land or Mario World sequels, lies wrapped into a title to peddle another game within the world, but clearly not being of that design.  I can enjoy both of them ok enough, but never as much as their honest predecessors.  I never have actually finished Yoshi's Island either, loathesome rank system and a few other bits I really disliked, but I do have it, Fauxrio Land 3, I did finish that at least.

Hey, don't you talk bad about SML3. I loved that game. Bull rushing enemies with Wario was awesome. Lol

• Agree 1

On 6/28/2022 at 7:51 AM, Dr. Morbis said:

It's not just "watching other people" like fat middle-aged balding dudes with Dad bodies - watching professional sports is (generally) watching the best in the world at whatever particular sport they are playing.  If you have an interest in something/anything, are you not the least bit curious what it looks like when -insert your interest here- is done at a supremely high level?  No?  Ah well, I tried...

This is exactly why cyclists rule the road. Extreme athletic ability, out Ina variety of weather conditions, pushing their bodies to the max.

Yeah, cars suck, just like SMW 😛

Well I hated it when Wario was the boss of Mario land 2, not Koopa. We got that title first, long after the GB had been out and about (my brother and I were Tiger LCD kids, ugh). Felt cheated, duped, even wrote to Nintendo about it, asking for a true Mario 3-esque GB game, not the SMW-esque game with a fake-ass antagonist. I mean that game even had f'ing bunny ears, right? Such crap.

• Disagree 1

I have always loved Yoshi's Island, it was actually my favourite game of all time for a good long while. I never considered it a sequel or prequel or whatever to Super Mario World, I honestly have no idea why Nintendo even slapped that name on there tbh.

Yoshi's Island is better than Mario World, IMO. Not sure about how I would compare it to Mario 3, probably equal although they are very different games, but I definitely like it more than Mario World.

Also, sports are whatever, but how about this one... I'm not a big fan of music. I don't own any music, I don't listen to any streaming services or what have you and I only listen to music occasionally on YouTube when I'm drunk. Anyone want to pick up on this spicy take? 😏

• Wow! 2

20 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Also, sports are whatever, but how about this one... I'm not a big fan of music. I don't own any music, I don't listen to any streaming services or what have you and I only listen to music occasionally on YouTube when I'm drunk. Anyone want to pick up on this spicy take? 😏

Well let's put it this way: when I date people, I casually ask them about their musical tastes. Depending on their response, I'm out. Period. Music is a huge part of my identity, and I don't think I could marry someone who's not into it.

Regarding you, @OptOut , I make a rare exception as you're just so damn sexy. Maybe it's that accent 😜

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Estil said:

I take it her and I hope you are fellow cat lovers/parents?🥰

Yep - she had two cats when we started dating ~12 years ago and we're down to one 16 y.o. Siamese/Ragdoll mix. Think we may take a bit of a break from pets once he passes though as we also have two toddlers.  

• Sad 1

Editorials Team · Posted
2 hours ago, OptOut said:

Also, sports are whatever, but how about this one... I'm not a big fan of music. I don't own any music, I don't listen to any streaming services or what have you and I only listen to music occasionally on YouTube when I'm drunk. Anyone want to pick up on this spicy take? 

No sports, no music, no Link to the Past, no hair... this is going to be a great interview 😩

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Br81zad said:

Hey, don't you talk bad about SML3. I loved that game. Bull rushing enemies with Wario was awesome. Lol

Not a bad game, didn't like the sequels though.  I just went in wanting another upgrade from Super Mario Land 2, instead got tubby anti-mario that was in most ways just not Mario Land...it stung.

I know the sports talk is pretty much over but I’ll say this:

All the arguments in this thread regarding why watching sports are a waste of time are all the same arguments I heard while making music when I was younger. That it was pointless, wasn’t contributing to a better world, etc.

I wouldn’t ever expect someone to like sports if they didn’t like them already, but the “waste of time” argument makes little sense to me. If watching sports is a waste of time then watching movies or playing video games certainly are wastes of time too. (For the record, I don’t believe any of these are wastes of time).

If you can understand why people are passionately defending their favorite Mario games here, then you can understand why people are passionate about their favorite sports teams (which are, in essence, another form of media that is consumed).

All in all though, my POV is that life is short and mostly suffering. And the world is likely ending. I believe in letting people enjoy what they enjoy (assuming it hurts no one else). That’s my overall take for this thread. 😉 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Editorials Team · Posted

I'll just add as someone who has watched a shit ton of baseball, football, and basketball during his life (with decades worth of football season tickets), once I had kids and had to make schedule changes, sports watching was the first thing to go.  If I have limited free time, I don't need to spend it watching the A's lose 😂

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Not a bad game, didn't like the sequels though.  I just went in wanting another upgrade from Super Mario Land 2, instead got tubby anti-mario that was in most ways just not Mario Land...it stung.

Hahaha, like how my brother and I went in SML2 for Koopa and got tubby and Playboy bunny ears, without the tits. Ugh.

In all seriousness, we got DK94 the same year and it was definitely the preferred game of the two we had.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I'll just add as someone who has watched a shit ton of baseball, football, and basketball during his life (with decades worth of football season tickets), once I had kids and had to make schedule changes, sports watching was the first thing to go.  If I have limited free time, I don't need to spend it watching the A's lose 😂

Well I think that in and of itself demonstrates that it's a proper waste of time to begin with. Some of us just realise that a bit earlier, before having kids 😉

I think it just demonstrates personal preferences and priorities. My life got super busy and I dropped movies for the most part. I don’t watch them nearly as much as I used to and any time I have to spend 2+ hours watching a movie instead of something else I enjoy more I get pissed.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Well I think that in and of itself demonstrates that it's a proper waste of time to begin with. Some of us just realise that a bit earlier, before having kids 😉

You ready for a waste of time? How about a sport that isn't even real... Pro Wrestling. 

*takes defensive cover*

• Wow! 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, OptOut said:

I don't own any music, I don't listen to any streaming services or what have you and I only listen to music occasionally on YouTube when I'm drunk. Anyone want to pick up on this spicy take? 😏

I mean...  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  everybody already knows Opty is not to be trusted. This is just another point in that column.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

7 hours ago, fcgamer said:

Hahaha, like how my brother and I went in SML2 for Koopa and got tubby and Playboy bunny ears, without the tits. Ugh.

In all seriousness, we got DK94 the same year and it was definitely the preferred game of the two we had.

Hah playboy manbunny --yeesh, there's an image.  I do agree though in the end, DK94 was a very solid entry and it did wash away the memory of Super Fauxrio Land 3.

1 hour ago, OptOut said:

I smell a nomination for the inaugural 2022 VGS Golden Ganon Awards! 🤩

I'm making a post just so I can say I was part of the epic thread.

By the time I had a chance to read it, it was already 7 pages. Way too much reading, I save my reading for WW 😆

If no one has said it yet, why not both? They're both as great as each other. 

8 minutes ago, Brickman said:

I'm making a post just so I can say I was part of the epic thread.

By the time I had a chance to read it, it was already 7 pages. Way too much reading, I save my reading for WW 😆

If no one has said it yet, why not both? They're both as great as each other. 

Joel Mchale Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

If one is good, the other is bad, have you learned NOTHING from the internet?! 🤣

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

I was watching some debates on YouTube, and I've altered my stance a bit, I think, which is as follows:

Mario 3 is the better game; however, just because it's the better game doesn't mean that it's the right fit for everyone.

I'd probably recommend Mario World to those casual gamers / non-gamers (aka babies) who aren't familiar with traditional Mario games or 2D games. I think it's an easier game, which makes it more accessible towards this crowd.

That being said, Mario 3 is the better game overall, and is the better choice for seasoned gamers.

• Like 1
  • Love 1