IGNORED

Limited Run Games

What's the word on Azure Lane?

I got curious and tried the mobile version.  I wanted to enjoy it, but the menu system and all the gatcha-like menus to power this, level that, tech tree this other thing around limitations confused the hell out of me.  Also it seemed a little pissy about losing priority if you have to minimize it, resetting the game or bombing it.  Given I have a smaller storage I removed it after a couple days but I was really starting to get into it.

I don't have a PS4 so I can't just try that version, so I'm really wondering if it's worth the pick up.

On 3/9/2021 at 7:45 PM, MiamiSlice said:

You can still buy Divinity from the developer!

That is pretty funny that people are paying double for a game that's still in stock. In this day and age it is not at all surprising. FOMO is out of control. Edit: Shipping is $15 from Larian, jeezus.

Also the original Collector's Edition from Larian was limited to 1000 and sells for like $500+ now 😭 I wish I bought one before I knew it would be the best CRPG ever made.

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Also the original Collector's Edition from Larian was limited to 1000 and sells for like $500+ now 😭 I wish I bought one before I knew it would be the best CRPG ever made.

I feel this way about a bunch of CE's... I remember a couple years ago being like "I'll buy the standard, the CE takes up too much space" and now I'm here with no River City Girls CE, no Pirate's Curse CE, etc. etc. 

I'm kind of burned out on them at the moment.  And a little annoyed, still waiting as we all are on Shantae GBC and Doom64 switch.

I almost went on that Bloodstained 2 game, but realized it would irk me not having the first, then was a hard pass seeing with scalpers want for the original now.  Limited Run...how about Maximum Pain.

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I'm kind of burned out on them at the moment.  And a little annoyed, still waiting as we all are on Shantae GBC and Doom64 switch.

I almost went on that Bloodstained 2 game, but realized it would irk me not having the first, then was a hard pass seeing with scalpers want for the original now.  Limited Run...how about Maximum Pain.

Just fyi I just got a shipping notice for Doom 64 PS4.

Editorials Team · Posted
15 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I think you've complained about shipping speeds with every order 😅

With these boutique labels you have to order and forget, otherwise you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.  That's just a reality, because the process for ordering and receiving the product has large turnarounds.

Also, Doom 64 was just on sale for $2.50 if ya gotta play it now.

12 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

With these boutique labels you have to order and forget, otherwise you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.  That's just a reality, because the process for ordering and receiving the product has large turnarounds.

One of things I really like about Super Rare Games is that they have the stock on hand when you order even their new releases - I ordered Creaks on the 4th and it shipped on the 9th.  

Editorials Team · Posted
11 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

One of things I really like about Super Rare Games is that they have the stock on hand when you order even their new releases - I ordered Creaks on the 4th and it shipped on the 9th.  

There's a trade-off with that though.  You're getting (arguably) lesser titles with a predetermined amount of stock that doesn't sell out in a flash.

LRG titles were a mess when they did limited quantities because they'd sell out in seconds.  The open preorders combat that.

14 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

The problem with that method is a fixed availability. Remember that LRG used to have that, and went to preorder system because of how many people hated that because of the "gotta order it within a minute or miss it" thing.

edit: Ah Reed posted at the same time as me with the same reaponse. Dam you Reed

Edited by LeatherRebel5150

12 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

I hear this all the time. The difference is it’s a hard production limit. LRG prints on-demand. That means everyone who wants Shantae or Scott Pilgrim or Bloodstained within the window can actually get it. 

Everyone prefers open-preorders, but then complains about the long fulfillment times.

44 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Lol 3 of us hit back with the same counter argument in lightning speed 😅

I don't see where there was the makings of an argument here.  So I should not like Super Rare Games because they have the stock on hand???  Sorry - that makes no sense to me whatsoever.  (Or to put it another way one should only order games that are not yet in stock?)

Just because I say I like something about company "A" does not of necessity imply I dislike  company "B" that doesn't do it.  I pre-order a fair number of Limited Run Games going into it knowing there is likely going to be a lengthy delay.  

I am in "the game" for particular games - doesn't matter who makes them - if one/some company(ies) deliver theirs on a predictable schedule that doesn't mean I will only buy games from them.

*Tosses proverbial teapot in the trash.

Edited by Tabonga
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

I didn’t mean to use the word argument, but it’s apples and oranges. Complaining about shipping speed and then bringing up a different publisher that uses a completely different business model sounds an awful lot like you are saying you like the apple more than the orange.

Not at all - like I said I order from LRG knowing they will ship whenever.  But IMHO they should be able more accurately state when they will ship (if someone were to ask me anyway )  once they know how many they will be producing.  (And in that post of mine I don't see where I was complaining about LRG's production speed - and it wasn't even in the post I quoted.)

9 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

Not at all - like I said I order from LRG knowing they will ship whenever.  But IMHO they should be able more accurately state when they will ship (if someone were to ask me anyway )  once they know how many they will be producing.  (And in that post of mine I don't see where I was complaining about LRG's production speed - and it wasn't even in the post I quoted.)

They don’t state when they will ship because there have been too many delays out of their control in the supply chain - and this has happened to many publishers, not just LRG.

2C303FB6-9C64-4CCC-BFEC-043644DB9A9B.jpeg.a36fc6aa09fa73c9a13db6fd901d6488.jpeg

^ this is either a complaint about LRG’s production speed or Sumez wasn’t being sarcastic at all?

1 hour ago, MiamiSlice said:

2C303FB6-9C64-4CCC-BFEC-043644DB9A9B.jpeg.a36fc6aa09fa73c9a13db6fd901d6488.jpeg

^ this is either a complaint about LRG’s production speed or Sumez wasn’t being sarcastic at all?

This has nothing to do with my post about Super Rare  (I did quote Sumez but in a totally separate post)- so you are quoting way out of context IMHO.  I quoted Reed's post - which was a response to Tanooki's comment on LRG - which I eliminated.

5 hours ago, avatar! said:

LRG has pre-orders for

Question: Are these games any good? I never played the originals, so would I enjoy it today? Thoughts?

I've played a portion of the original.  I didn't get around to finishing it, but I thought it was fun.  It's the type of game where motion controls actually work pretty well.  I don't know if they kept the motion controls in the Switch version or not.  I'm kind of curious as to whether or not they did.  

I thought about betting the new LRG releases, but I decided that while I thought the originals were pretty good, it wasn't worth paying the money to buy them again.  If figured if I really want to play them, I will just go with the Wii versions.  

Edited by TDIRunner

In response to all of the bitching about LRG slow production and shipping, I will say this:  slow production times for physical games is still better than an all digital world.  If that answer doesn't work for you, than it's simple.  Start your own video game publishing company and do everything that LRG does, BUT BETTER.  If you are complaining about it, then you must believe it's a simple task to accomplish.  If it's not a simple task to accomplish, then why are you complaining about it?