IGNORED

Limited Run Games

Started playing Fox n Forests last night. Wow, first impression was great. Funny dialogue, some obvious parodies of Nintendo games (especially Zelda), art is great, combat is tight, only thing that is off-putting for me is I don't love Metroidvania type backtracking but I will still enjoy this one. 

50 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Added PixelHeart to the list (see first post). Anyone purchased from them? Experiences? Good? Bad?

I get my PixelHeart games from VideoGamesNewYork, that's the official US distributor. LINK

PixelHeart has been around for a good while, they used to just do homebrew stuff for Dreamcast, Neo Geo, etc. Some of their releases for Switch are ports of their Dreamcast stuff. They also did a couple releases on Wii U in Europe (Shmup collection and Finding Teddy II). 

11 minutes ago, bowser said:

So this will be the first time Sagaia is releasing physically in the West. But I think it's probably the exact same ROM as was originally released in Japan and China.

It's a shame too.  I'm not paying 70 EUR, plus shipping for this but, man... I really want to. 😠

Taito/Square Enix has been milking the old Darius games as much as they possibly could with their releases over the last decade. Remastering the PSP game over and over again and putting out collections of the older games for higher prices. Sometimes splitting them for expensive double-dips. I hope this is the last time they do this and actually produce something new in the Darius series.

20 minutes ago, mrbogus said:

Taito/Square Enix has been milking the old Darius games as much as they possibly could with their releases over the last decade. Remastering the PSP game over and over again and putting out collections of the older games for higher prices. Sometimes splitting them for expensive double-dips. I hope this is the last time they do this and actually produce something new in the Darius series.

I never had these before so here I am, enjoying that milk

Yeah, I don't know what you're talking about. The Darius Cozmic Collection has was very anticipated because a lot of these games never had good ports.

That release itself has had so many different physical releases now though, via different publishers, that it's gotten a bit stupid.

Edited by Sumez

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, a few LRG and other indie publisher games have been skyrocketing.... let me try again

THE LRG MARKET HAS EXPLODED!!!

There, I feel better 🙂

Seriously though, Curse of the Moon Classic Edition has been selling for $300+

Shantae and the Pirates Curse $600+

Jak and Daxter $500+ 

Some Special Reserve Games (Gris, Gungeon, Messenger) go for $200-500+

Phew!

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, avatar! said:

What the eff. I thought I was free. I thought I had CotM on PS4 and I could just forget about it forever, but you made me check and I do have the Switch version. I guess I should buy the sequel too because the boxes would look so nice together mannnn. Why do you do this to me.

39 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Wow, a few LRG and other indie publisher games have been skyrocketing.... let me try again

There, I feel better 🙂

Jak and Daxter $500+ 

Phew!

Yep have noticed this too. River City Girls, Night Trap, Divinity and a few others have also increased but not quite as much as those ones.

1 hour ago, avatar! said:

There, I feel better 🙂

Jak and Daxter $500+ 

Phew!

I have a sealed The Messenger I haven't gotten around to opening yet. Good to know but I won't be selling it.

I tried buying Shantae but it was out of stock when I bought the other 3. Bummer.

Just now, Code Monkey said:

I have a sealed The Messenger I haven't gotten around to opening yet. Good to know but I won't be selling it.

I tried buying Shantae but it was out of stock when I bought the other 3. Bummer.

Will you open and play Messenger? 🙂

2 minutes ago, avatar! said:

I finished the digital version before I bought the physical so now I have no reason to open it. It's actually my favourite Switch game, I liked it even more than Super Mario Odyssey and Breath Of The Wild. It has been a long time since I have enjoyed a gaming experience like that, however I'm kind of experiencing it again now with Immortals Fenyx Rising which is almost equally as amazing.

4 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Confession: when prices get this crazy I’m most likely to hunt down a used copy and sell the sealed one. 

Also it’s funny how many of these limited print indie games I have for free on Amazon Games (well, because I pay for Amazon Prime) or I got for sale on the eShop, often times for $5 or less.