IGNORED

Limited Run Games

On 5/29/2020 at 2:52 PM, avatar! said:

Anyone play this? Know if the game is any fun, anything remarkable? Apparently it's ultra-violent, which is not a surprise it's a Devolver Digital game, and it looks like SRG is addicted to them! Quite honestly ultra-violence doesn't do anything to me. Not sure if all that gore is supposed to impressive or shock me or whatnot, but it doesn't. 

unnamed.png

This one looks alright. Might go for LRG's printing though.

8 hours ago, Californication said:

Damnit. Missed LRG Mother Russia Bleeds. Someone let me know if they have an extra. 

I thought about it, but ultimately passed. It just didn't look like my type of game. Ultra-violent is not necessarily interesting nor fun. As far as I could tell this, it's just a regular beat-em-up with  ultra-violent makeup. I'll wait for more games like Gris. Hotline Miami is very violent, but not merely for the sake of being violent. 

25 minutes ago, avatar! said:

I thought about it, but ultimately passed. It just didn't look like my type of game. Ultra-violent is not necessarily interesting nor fun. As far as I could tell this, it's just a regular beat-em-up with  ultra-violent makeup. I'll wait for more games like Gris. Hotline Miami is very violent, but not merely for the sake of being violent. 

I want to pick it up because it looks like a challenging classical styled beat em up. 

2 minutes ago, Californication said:

I want to pick it up because it looks like a challenging classical styled beat em up. 

I read some negative reviews about the game being "cheap" and "artificial difficulty" which honestly I don't want to bother with. 

Of course, those are opinions, and I wasn't super impressed with what I saw to begin with. Hope you manage to find a copy (I'm sure they'll turn up on scalp-Bay). 

I almost missed on the LRG Mother Russia one. It was 23 minutes after it was open for order and right after I bought it it said sold out when I went back to the page. Did get the Special Reserve one version too. I skipped the signature one even if I had a chance to easily get it as $250 was nuts imo. I am sure though it will sell for much more later, but screw it.

36 minutes ago, Californication said:

Not sure how it is still up, but there are only 1,000 copys.

Because it’s Red Art Games

FYI you can also buy it through VideoGamesPlus, not sure if shipping is cheaper there and I don’t know if VGP gets a fixed portion of the copies or how the deal works. 

13 minutes ago, Californication said:

I don't understand. What is the issue with Red Art games?

People don't like them for various issues. Some people only collect ESRB releases so they have 0 interest in them. Some people don't mind collecting from other regions but they took huge issue in the past with Red Art Games putting French text on the back of the covers instead of English. Some people lost interest in Red Art Games after the whole fiasco with Gekido. And then there are some people who just think the games being released by Red Art Games aren't very good. So there's various reasons why people have a low opinion of the brand. 

From hanging out in various limited print groups I've been surprised by how many people, either out of fatigue or bad experiences with various limited print publishers, will say things like "I only buy from Limited Run games and skip the others" or "I only buy from Limited Run and maybe Super Rare or Strictly Limited." And then there's people who specifically hate Limited Run and don't buy from them... but that's another story. 

14 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

People don't like them for various issues. Some people only collect ESRB releases so they have 0 interest in them. Some people don't mind collecting from other regions but they took huge issue in the past with Red Art Games putting French text on the back of the covers instead of English. Some people lost interest in Red Art Games after the whole fiasco with Gekido. And then there are some people who just think the games being released by Red Art Games aren't very good. So there's various reasons why people have a low opinion of the brand. 

From hanging out in various limited print groups I've been surprised by how many people, either out of fatigue or bad experiences with various limited print publishers, will say things like "I only buy from Limited Run games and skip the others" or "I only buy from Limited Run and maybe Super Rare or Strictly Limited." And then there's people who specifically hate Limited Run and don't buy from them... but that's another story. 

What's the story with Gekido? 

2 minutes ago, avatar! said:

What's the story with Gekido? 

OK, Gekido is MASSIVE. It's as tall as the Toki Retrollector Edition and it's square. For some reason R.A.G. tried to get clever with shipping it and used a cardboard wrap. Not a box. No extra bubble wrap or other padding. They just wrapped a piece of corrugated cardboard around it and closed both ends. So guess what happened? It got banged up. Almost every copy that went out, whether the customer was in France or South Africa, ended up damaged. So after R.A.G. got a bunch of complaints, they announced they would try to replace copies for people. They gave everyone two options: you can either elect to receive a new outer box and tray sent in a flat cardboard mailer, or get a replacement sealed Gekido (though I think with the latter you had to mail back the damaged one you got). I elected to get the replacement and it ended up taking like 6 weeks to get to me but at least my copy of Gekido is minty with zero damage even though it's not sealed. Apparently some people who went for the latter option didn't end up receiving their replacements at all. 

Anyway, it seems like they didn't get a lot of orders for it and after this whole fiasco I think they stopped selling it as a big box release so I think now they are just selling the game by itself. 

Funny, just after replying here I saw a thread in a Facebook group about Meta Gal and someone recommended ordering from VGP instead of R.A.G. because in their words "VGP does a much better job of shipping if you live in North America. I've had multiple damaged games and even soaking wet games when ordering directly from RAG."

10 minutes ago, glazball said:

You mean this one?

https://limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-290-star-wars-racer-revenge-ps4

More wasted plasti...  err, another highly collectible title!

I just realized this game is called Star Wars Episode 1 Racer and not Star Wars Episode 1: Pod Racer. Who calls it that??

21 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Added Red Art Games to the list (see first post) so we're up to 10 indie publishers! 

Hadn't looked at the list in a long time. You are missing: 

1Print Games: https://1printgames.com/

First Press Games: https://firstpressgames.com/

B-Side Games: https://b-sidegames.stores.jp/