IGNORED

Limited Run Games

If anyone has a copy of Blasphemous or Blazing Chrome for sale or trade let me know... sadly, I missed that one, and a few others I'm looking for. I have quite a bit of nice stuff for trade, including the Collector's Edition of Dust and Transistor

Edited by avatar!

42 minutes ago, avatar! said:

If anyone has a copy of Blasphemous or Blazing Chrome for sale or trade let me know... sadly, I missed that one, and a few others I'm looking for. I have quite a bit of nice stuff for trade, including the Collector's Edition of Dust and Transistor

http://videogamesnewyork.com/blasphemous-lr-52-nintendo-switch/

So is it a known how long the wait is if you buy SoR4 from LRGs website and it actually being shipped?  I don't recall them mentioning a ship time on Panzer Dragoon either unless I forgot.

I do recall people moaning how long in the past it has taken them to mail stuff out so I'm curious what if any impact these Sega rooted games will wait.

And my problem with LRG or the even more strict of the publishers is they kind of are just typically one and done on a run.  Earlier LRG and many others you be there when you're told, be fast, or you're paying some scalper dearly.  LRG yes they have windows now, good if you already have the money free in that period and own the system, but if you're not checking either of those boxes you'll get hit later which is just a shame.  I kind of wish these companies would more so adopt the Atlus way they've done business for over a decade now where a moderate run is done, and depending on the sell through time frame and demand, they do additional runs to fill the need.

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

So is it a known how long the wait is if you buy SoR4 from LRGs website and it actually being shipped?  I don't recall them mentioning a ship time on Panzer Dragoon either unless I forgot.

They're saying at least 2-4 months after the preorder closes. I'd been putting off buying a copy myself until reviews came out, but so far they've been very good so I went ahead and pulled the trigger.

got golf story collectors edition in. I got it second hand. Had an ebay coupon. Cant wait to dive into it. Was a big mario golf gbc fan. Collectors edition was only like 10-15 more than the game so went ahead and got that. This CE is actually pretty cool. A Trophy, Golfball, a Tee, quality big box with slide over. Packed in well, and the extras being all included in the package makes it better. Dont like extras just sitting around.

Edited by Quest4Nes

10 hours ago, Tanooki said:

And my problem with LRG or the even more strict of the publishers is they kind of are just typically one and done on a run.  E

I understand the frustration, but that's not a valid reason to complain about their business model.  That is the biggest thing to keep LRG alive and allow them to get as big as they are.  On the plus side, as been stated many times, they do not prevent the game developer from releasing the game again through a different publisher, and this has happened many times with some of the bigger named titles.  

You have a limited window to get these games, and depending on your situation, that might suck.  But your choice is between that limited window, or a digital only release.  The limited window is by far the lessor of the two evils.  

Scalpers doing their thing...

I didn't think of this, but since LRG has open pre-orders, scalpers can purchase hundreds! Even if you only make $5 a game, sell 100 and that's $500. 

Anyway, curious if anyone is going to purchase one of the limited editions SoR4 before the scalpers? 

Screenshot from 2020-04-30 21-21-33.png

Screenshot from 2020-04-30 21-21-23.png

This has been going on for years... weird thing is, I'm pretty sure doing these is against eBay's rules, since you are supposed to have the item in your possession when you sell it, but it doesn't seem to matter. 

Obviously scalpers could order hundreds of any game and they probably do, but of course there's a diminishing return at some point, and you end up with Celeste where a sealed copy goes for pretty close to original retail price, or you end up buying too many copies of a game no one wants (like PixelJunk Monsters 2). 

selling 100 copies of something takes forever avatar. Thats not worth your time. Thats alot of work packing and shipping. I dont think you understand the work that goes into that. No one is going to invest thousands of dollars to make 500 over a period of months/years. Thats as pointless as making sports bets on a -5000 money line bet. Waste of time and not worth a risk. Complaining about LRG is so 2018. 😛

Edited by Quest4Nes

22 hours ago, dvertov said:

They're saying at least 2-4 months after the preorder closes. I'd been putting off buying a copy myself until reviews came out, but so far they've been very good so I went ahead and pulled the trigger.

Ahh ok, yeah that's not great but I'm not in a dire hurry on Panzer Dragoon or this now too, as I saw enough not to ruin the game, but enough to know I'd enjoy it so I pulled the trigger too.

14 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

I understand the frustration, but that's not a valid reason to complain about their business model.  That is the biggest thing to keep LRG alive and allow them to get as big as they are.  On the plus side, as been stated many times, they do not prevent the game developer from releasing the game again through a different publisher, and this has happened many times with some of the bigger named titles.  

You have a limited window to get these games, and depending on your situation, that might suck.  But your choice is between that limited window, or a digital only release.  The limited window is by far the lessor of the two evils.  

Oh I think it's a valid issue.  Sure the model works for them, but you know who has a similar model that worked, Atlus.  Sure they could since it's not tied down to further pressings with another company but odds of that are likely laughably nil.  I think the Atlus model would be fair to all parties involved as they make a run like LRG etc would, once it's gone then they gauge response for future demand and would do another run or two.  This I believe would be a more fair model so people could benefit from enjoying the game without paying a scalper 2-3x the going rate because of whatever circumstance there was that cut them out of the action.  LRG may do windows, but they didn't start that way, and the others seem to have emulated that original run of well let's do a few thousand, then nothing...good business for them and few others.

2 hours ago, Quest4Nes said:

selling 100 copies of something takes forever avatar. Thats not worth your time. Thats alot of work packing and shipping. I dont think you understand the work that goes into that. No one is going to invest thousands of dollars to make 500 over a period of months/years. Thats as pointless as making sports bets on a -5000 money line bet. Waste of time and not worth a risk. Complaining about LRG is so 2018. 😛

You're clearly wrong. It obviously doesn't "take forever" because scalpers are clearly doing it. Never said it was worth my time, I certainly have no intention of ever doing anything like that, but clearly it's worth some people's time because, and again, they do it. Also, who's complaining about LRG? I'm complaining about scalpers, although they're not technically doing anything illegal, they do artificially drive up the price, at least for awhile. Just look at this, SoR4 PS4 this one seller sold 60 when I checked, almost certainly more now. 

Screenshot from 2020-05-01 02-23-05.png