IGNORED

Limited Run Games

The first round of the SOR4 Limited Editions went pretty quick, within 5 minutes, and the PS4 version went quicker than the Switch ( granted they're making 1500 for the Switch versus 1000 for PS4, but demand's usually greater for Switch stuff ).  I haven't been buying LRG stuff too long, but that's one of the faster sales I've seen, the other being Metal Slug ( I think it was 3 ).

Edited by Redmond

18 minutes ago, Redmond said:

The first round of the SOR4 Limited Editions went pretty quick, within 5 minutes, and the PS4 version went quicker than the Switch ( granted they're making 1500 for the Switch versus 1000 for PS4, but demand's usually greater for Switch stuff ).  I haven't been buying LRG stuff too long, but that's one of the faster sales I've seen, the other being Metal Slug ( I think it was 3 ).

PS4 was sold out in 2 mins, sans the Vinyl set. It's a nice set and the game has been a blast.

23 minutes ago, cartman said:

Can we expect the statue to be a game character and not that they pull the SOR4 logo letters standing on a platform or some similar goofy bullshit that would be a total letdown.

What? They have a picture of what the statue will look like, it's supposed to be 2 characters. 

Edit: look man: MockUp_CE_Banner_StreetsofRage4_SWITCH_1

Issa nice statue.

p.s. If they had a collector's edition with statue, soundtrack, artbook and poster I'd have been all over that. I can't stand this kitchen sink approach with a bunch of kitschy extra packaging. Don't need a steelbook, 3 different cases, a metal cartridge or a stress ball. Oh well. 

Edited by MiamiSlice

1 minute ago, MiamiSlice said:

What? They have a picture of what the statue will look like, it's supposed to be 2 characters. 

To be fair, they no longer have the picture of the statue on the LRG website.

Here's what LRG released earlier. It might change of course. 

Screenshot from 2020-05-01 14-46-44.png

2 hours ago, cartman said:

But i'm not sure what to think of this limited edition i mean there are cases going into other cases all over the place. It's kind of chore housing all that shit.

Now that you mention it, totally true 😄

On 5/4/2020 at 2:33 AM, avatar! said:

Did anyone order the monstrosity that was the SoR4 LE? It's probably a good investment, on a small scale, but I just couldn't be bothered personally.

I ordered Switch Brawler Bundle, just as a tribute to the great franchise. But i like SOR4 as well.

Has anyone been kinda...meh? On the releases lately? I'm not really buying anything from them...maybe I got burnt out but all the RPGs are feeling/looking the same or have a super boring plot line.

It's actually kind of nice not having to wake up/stay up till 7 am and get anxiety trying to beat others to get a copy of a game...and of course my bank account is super happy. I'm actually not going broke at the end of the month anymore...feels great!

24 minutes ago, Astor Reinhardt said:

Has anyone been kinda...meh? On the releases lately? I'm not really buying anything from them...maybe I got burnt out but all the RPGs are feeling/looking the same or have a super boring plot line.

It's actually kind of nice not having to wake up/stay up till 7 am and get anxiety trying to beat others to get a copy of a game...and of course my bank account is super happy. I'm actually not going broke at the end of the month anymore...feels great!

Depends on your taste I guess. Their Blasphemous and SoR4 CEs have been amazing. 

I started buying at Saturday Morning RPG for ps4. I burnt out on these limited releases. I love physical games and I actually don't buy any digital at all. But I can't buy $3 mobile phone games for $40 anymore. 

I'm still in for big ones. Also I really love Special Reserve games. They go the extra mile with bonus goodies and a beautiful outer box. I can justify their releases more. I still have like 10 pre-orders across the various companies but I skip like 75% of releases. 

Editorials Team · Posted

I only buy the stuff I would have bought if it was a normal retail release for the same price, which only happens with stuff I actually want to play.

Celeste and Panzer Dragoon?  No brainers.

Layers of Fear?  Sure, I'm a horror guy.

Mary Skelter? Eh, I have enough JRPGs in the backlog, so I'd never play it.  Pass.

• Like 1

I’m burnt out too. I was never going for a full LR set so it doesn’t bother me, but these constant Kemco RPGs are so tiring.

At some point I had to look at the fact that I’m paying $40 + shipping for a game that is like $7.99 most places else. I know it’s the physical vs. digital aspect, but add in the multi-month wait time and I’m just burnt out on the majority of LRG releases.

17 hours ago, Astor Reinhardt said:

I definitely think they found the perfect model. NO need to get up early and fend others to just try and grab a title! 

I actually think LRG has been producing too many excellent titles the past few months. For me these include

Shadowgate

Real Myst

Panzer Dragoon

Black Bird

Brigandine

SoR4

It gets pricey 🙂 but seriously, a wonderful selection of games, and I only purchase games I want to play. 

On 5/9/2020 at 4:05 PM, avatar! said:

I definitely think they found the perfect model. NO need to get up early and fend others to just try and grab a title! 

I actually think LRG has been producing too many excellent titles the past few months. For me these include

Shadowgate

Real Myst

Panzer Dragoon

Black Bird

Brigandine

SoR4

It gets pricey 🙂 but seriously, a wonderful selection of games, and I only purchase games I want to play. 

I collect for PS4, so I didn't have a chance for Myst or Panzer, but they've still put out great things like the two Jedi games, Indigo Prophecy and next week Shantae. 

3 hours ago, Inzoreno said:

I collect for PS4, so I didn't have a chance for Myst or Panzer, but they've still put out great things like the two Jedi games, Indigo Prophecy and next week Shantae. 

For both PS4 and Switch - open orders 🙂

MockUp_CE_Banner_Shantae5_SWITCH_1024x1024.png