IGNORED

Limited Run Games

1 minute ago, The Strangest said:

I like the Genesis style case. I shouldn’t, but I do. I resisted the Collector’s Edition of their Vita Atari Collection which came in an outer case shaped like an Atari cartridge. Maybe I can resist this one too.

On 3/19/2020 at 1:05 AM, avatar! said:

Well, you can always just go with the normal edition. I think a lot of people do like some extra swag with their games, so this is quite nice in my opinion, and since it's an open order there's no worry about scalpers. 

Yeah i don't know what all the complaining is about this is a perfect example of how it should be released. Every piece here is of a durable material. Instead of some shitty ass cardboard box with a bunch of posters, artwork, stickers and whatnot that you always have to safeguard carefully. Some obsolete ass CD that adds nothing.

30 minutes ago, cartman said:

Yeah i don't know what all the complaining is about this is a perfect example of how it should be released. Every piece here is of a durable material. Instead of some shitty ass cardboard box with a bunch of posters, artwork, stickers and whatnot that you always have to safeguard carefully. Some obsolete ass CD that adds nothing.

I'm a fan of steelbooks, I won't be buying it because the hang tab makes it too big for my shelves and I think the cover looks worse with a black border around it. 

1 hour ago, cartman said:

I’m not complaining I’m just saying it’s kitschy and when you post your photo of it in your collection I’m going to be making a “tsk” sound under my breath 😛

1 hour ago, cartman said:

Where is the black border?

I am comparing the PS4 standard and collectors. I think the blue on top and and edge and the red being limited to the spine look better on thevps4 standard version compared to the Sega style which has the thin black edge around the outside and the large red genesis logo.

I know it's subjective, but I think the blue on the ps4 version makes the cover art pop a little. And as I keep looking at it, I think the dimensions might even look better on the ps4 version too.

Edited by Californication

On 3/18/2020 at 8:56 PM, JERedmond said:

Steelbook looks pretty cool, but nearly double the price just so I can own a SoR4 nesting doll?

Yeah, pretty much 🙂

It is a nice steelbook case, which you're right begs the question why not just release the steelbook instead of adding the Genesis case? Can't say I know the answer... 

56 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Just got an email about Panzer Dragoon coming out tomorrow. The classic edition looks dope 

"Retro Sega Saturn long box jewel case with foam insert to hold the Switch case inside."

I dunno how their recent releases have been, but props for this minor thing. IMO it is super lame to include a Saturn case (or steelbook, etc.) with a limited edition if it's not actually the box for the game. Boxes are meant to hold games, not just be throw in doo-dads!

Open pre-order! Nice...

Panzer Dragoon II Zwei is also getting a remake as well, so with luck we'll see this on LRG sometime in the future. The real question is whether we'll ever see a Saga remake? Less likely, but you never know. If Sega is smart, they will eventually go down that route, but don't hold your breath...

PanzerDragoon_MockUp_ClassicEdition_SWITCH.png

30 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

Streets of Rage 4 and Panzer Dragoon? In this economy?!

I’ll take both.

Streets of Rage, Panzer Dragoon, and Shadowgate... wow, when it rains it really pours eh! 

THIS, is why we need to support LRG! If it wasn't for them these would all be digital only purchases...