IGNORED

Limited Run Games

21 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

It does seem like a lot, but there is also a $60 version.

Either way, I'm passing on this one.  

I want to pass too... but then you know, one day you might just wake up and say "damn, I kinda want it..." and then everyone is selling it on ebay for $300, and you're stuck! Have to say, a Switch port would be pretty sweet...

48 minutes ago, avatar! said:

I want to pass too... but then you know, one day you might just wake up and say "damn, I kinda want it..." and then everyone is selling it on ebay for $300, and you're stuck! Have to say, a Switch port would be pretty sweet...

I still have my original copy, plus the PS1 version, plus the Dreamcast version.  I'll be ok.  😉

I'm torn on the Dark Forces.  When I first heard about it, I was as excited for a LRG release as I've ever been even though I assumed that it would be a PC only release.  However, now that it's here, the fact that it's PC only is still pretty disappointing.  I'm still undecided if I will get it or not, but if I do, it will probably just be the game and not the CE.

7 minutes ago, noiseredux said:

I'm interested in Streets Of Rage 4. My wife is probably even more so. No mention of it getting a Best Buy release. Are we assuming that those are over now?

I am. I think LRG is being mum about it but I think that didn’t go well for Best Buy. I think Blossom Tales was the first game they passed on and I think they haven’t picked up any since. 

I haven't heard much about Best Buy ordering any more games, but honestly that one never made much sense to me.  Why would anyone wait and see if they could get it at Best Buy when it would be much easier to just order it from LRG?  Outside of the desirability of getting a variant, I didn't really see much of a point.  

46 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I haven't heard much about Best Buy ordering any more games, but honestly that one never made much sense to me.  Why would anyone wait and see if they could get it at Best Buy when it would be much easier to just order it from LRG?  Outside of the desirability of getting a variant, I didn't really see much of a point.  

GRU discount if you had it, and being able to buy it whenever I want instead of a two week window where I may not be able to swing it that month.

Luckily my local game store partnered with LRG so if I miss a release I can just get it from them.

I definitely prefer the two week window over the previous model, but they implemented it when I was in grad school so it was less of a quick decision kind of problem and more of a “If I don’t get this now I may lose out on it” while making ends meet on a university stipend. Best Buy allowed me to make the purchase later.

19 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Gloves is right, CE’s are all over the place. But even more annoying are these “classic editions.” They seems very kitschy to me.

Well, you can always just go with the normal edition. I think a lot of people do like some extra swag with their games, so this is quite nice in my opinion, and since it's an open order there's no worry about scalpers.