IGNORED

Limited Run Games

I think people often say "rare" and mean "difficult to find". In essence, it means the same thing.

For instance, if a new Zelda game had only 50,000 copies made, I think everyone would call it "exceedingly rare" because it would be difficult to find and due to the scarcity very expensive. On the other hand, an indie game with 20,000 copies might be very easy to find. It depends on how popular and coveted the title is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, avatar! said:

I think people often say "rare" and mean "difficult to find". In essence, it means the same thing.

For instance, if a new Zelda game had only 50,000 copies made, I think everyone would call it "exceedingly rare" because it would be difficult to find and due to the scarcity very expensive. On the other hand, an indie game with 20,000 copies might be very easy to find. It depends on how popular and coveted the title is. 

You sir, have summarized what I was intending to say in a longer message. Thank you for your great service of summarization 🙂 (no sarcasm intended)

5 minutes ago, PineappleLawnchair said:

So did Papers Please actually release? Because i just got one in those blind box things, and it doesn't even seem like there was a release date.

Sell it on Ebay for $500 before it has a full release! Hell, shoot for $1000. People are nuts.

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Hmgbking said:

I tried to buy the Mercenaries Wings PAX Bundle Pack this morning and it sold out in about a minute while I was typing in all my info

For future reference, if you are concerned about a game selling out quickly, you need to have your account setup and logged in with payment info ready to go BEFORE you try to buy. 

Not everything sells out quickly or immediately, but for the popular stuff, if you waste time entering passwords or payment info, you will almost always miss out.  

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

For future reference, if you are concerned about a game selling out quickly, you need to have your account setup and logged in with payment info ready to go BEFORE you try to buy. 

Not everything sells out quickly or immediately, but for the popular stuff, if you waste time entering passwords or payment info, you will almost always miss out.  

Thank you, I will remember that for the future. The games looked interesting to me as I played Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced on my GBA growing up and seemed similar. Maybe I will get them digitally if I feel like playing it in the future, I just prefer physical if possible.

On 2/24/2020 at 12:01 AM, avatar! said:

Secret of Monkey Island is amazing!

If LRG was releasing the remastered (or whatever you want to call it version) on the PS4/Switch, I would be all over it! As it stands... it's cool, but I won't be purchasing it. Same for Rebel Assault. I would like to add, that Monkey Island was released on physical disc in Europe, including the UK, for the Xbox 360. In this instance, it IS playable on NTSC consoles! So, if you still have a 360 and have never played Monkey Island, do yourself a favor and purchase the physical version which is fully orchestrated, narrated, and it also includes the remastered version of LeChuck’s Revenge - oh, and in both games you can seamlessly switch from "classic" graphics to the updated versions and the same for music! 

Currently, the only game I am interested in from LRG is Myst which I think will be lovely.

91N5TVB0KiL._SY445_.jpg

RealMystSwitch_540x.png

RebelAssault_540x.jpg

ERKRXwOXkAAw-G3_540x.jpg

ugh.... I had no idea this was released as a physical copy. I always regret buying limited run games every time; this will be no exception. I'm going to sell my copy I bought and get this version... Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by Domasaurus

12 minutes ago, Domasaurus said:

ugh.... I had no idea this was released as a physical copy. I always regret buying limited run games every time; this will be no exception. I'm going to sell my copy I bought and get this version... Thanks for the heads up.

Glad I'm not the only one.  Every time I buy LRG stuff it goes on the shelf only for me to sell it later.  The limited aspects has gotten me to jump at stuff I shouldn't have for sure.

I used to buy for two reasons. 1, buy what looks good to me 2, buy what I think could go up in value.

this has let to some not so great purchases and I find myself shelling quit a bit of what I purchase.

From now on it has to jump out at me for me to pull the trigger.

10 minutes ago, avatar! said:

This is so cool! but so expensive, and it doesn't actually come with a physical copy of the game!!

😕

But so cool. Anyone going to splurge on this?

I LOVED this game back when it was new and spent hours playing it as a "sim game" just to build bases more than playing the actual game.

With that said, this set is more or less the exact opposite of what I want.  I'm only interested in the game itself, and none of the items that they are throwing in, so it's an easy pass for me.  

Also, I'm torn because I sort of want a console version of this, but then I have to remember that this game doesn't play very well on a console.  It's a really good example of a game that just plays better on PC.

Edit:  I would love to get just the art book if I could.  I love art books.  

Edited by TDIRunner

10 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Edit:  I would love to get just the art book if I could.  I love art books.  

100+ pages! it better be a hardcover... I rather hate softcover books!

For me, the biggest draw is the fabulous soundtrack, but I'm a big video game music guy. 

The original C&C and Red Alert was also released on the PS1! My favorite though, was easily Red Alert 2. This "remastered" edition includes the first C&C and Red Alert, which are easily the least interesting of all C&C games. Also, I hate giving EA any of my money. So may end up being a pass. Although that soundtrack...

16 minutes ago, epiclotus said:

I was a big C&C fan in middle school.  I'm still not sure about the CE, though.  

Origin has a c&c bundle with all the games for like $20 and there are fan apps to support network play for.many titles. Buddy and I have been playing a bunch of red alert 2 battles.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, avatar! said:

100+ pages! it better be a hardcover... I rather hate softcover books!

Hard to tell from the picture, but it sort of looks like a hardbound book.  Unfortunately, it looks like it's a rectangular shape.  I don't like non-standard sized books because they often don't line up well on a bookshelf.  

3 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Hard to tell from the picture, but it sort of looks like a hardbound book.  Unfortunately, it looks like it's a rectangular shape.  I don't like non-standard sized books because they often don't line up well on a bookshelf.  

A lot of artbooks are actually elongated because that is often the best way to show large/long art 🙂

So I don't mind it, besides diversity is good!