IGNORED

Limited Run Games

iam8bit

Anyone play this? Looks like a game I might really enjoy.

"KENTUCKY ROUTE ZERO is a magical realist adventure game about a secret highway running through the caves beneath Kentucky, and the mysterious folks who travel it.

Don't know what that means, but looks intriguing. 

Screenshot from 2020-04-21 19-15-35.png

6 minutes ago, avatar! said:

iam8bit

"KENTUCKY ROUTE ZERO is a magical realist adventure game about a secret highway running through the caves beneath Kentucky, and the mysterious folks who travel it.

That's what YouTube is for. 

That does look pretty cool.  I might check this one out.  I haven't purchased from LRG for a while now.  

Editorials Team · Posted
3 hours ago, avatar! said:

iam8bit

Screenshot from 2020-04-21 19-15-35.png

Someone did a GOAT game list recently, and it was pretty far up there.  For whatever that's worth.

13 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Someone did a GOAT game list recently, and it was pretty far up there.  For whatever that's worth.

Ugh that art style reminds me a lot of Rime, and Rime was terrible! Normally I don't care what the art style of a game is but on a rare occasion I just get repulsed by it and can't get over it (cough Windwaker cough) and I think this is one of those times. Especially because how much it reminds me of Rime...did I mention how much I hated RIme?

49 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Ugh that art style reminds me a lot of Rime, and Rime was terrible! Normally I don't care what the art style of a game is but on a rare occasion I just get repulsed by it and can't get over it (cough Windwaker cough) and I think this is one of those times. Especially because how much it reminds me of Rime...did I mention how much I hated RIme?

Rime was NOT terrible.  I loved that game.  Which platform did you play it on?  If the answer is the Switch, I guess I don't blame you since I heard that port was terrible.  However, the game was AMAZING on the PS4.  I highly recommend the game.

Edit:  It appears you didn't care for the game due to the art style which obviously has nothing to do with the system.  However, I still disagree.  I loved the look of the game.

Edited by TDIRunner

56 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Rime was NOT terrible.  I loved that game.  Which platform did you play it on?  If the answer is the Switch, I guess I don't blame you since I heard that port was terrible.  However, the game was AMAZING on the PS4.  I highly recommend the game.

Edit:  It appears you didn't care for the game due to the art style which obviously has nothing to do with the system.  However, I still disagree.  I loved the look of the game.

It was on the switch, but Im not bothered by minor performance issues. It wasnt the visuals I disliked about the game. The game itself is incredibly boring. The visuals on Kentucky Route Zero in this case remind me of a game I hated because it was boring. The visuals are just a trigger for that feeling

Edited by LeatherRebel5150

6 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

It was on the switch, but Im not bothered by minor performance issues. It wasnt the visuals I disliked about the game. The game itself is incredibly boring. The visuals on Kentucky Route Zero in this case remind me of a game I hated because it was boring. The visuals are just a trigger for that feeling

To each their own of course, but I enjoyed the game, especially the ending.  Probably the best game ending I experienced that year.  

11 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

To each their own of course, but I enjoyed the game, especially the ending.  Probably the best game ending I experienced that year.  

The story was nice. But I was begging to actually be able to do something the entire time, all you did in the game was basically scream at stuff.

8 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

The story was nice. But I was begging to actually be able to do something the entire time, all you did in the game was basically scream at stuff.

Heh. I heard the same criticism from some others. I suppose ultimately it depends on what you enjoy in a game. I still plan to get KRZ. Will give it a shot.

7 hours ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

I saw that Panzer Dragoon is getting a pretty significant update. I just bought it along with the Jedi Knight dual pack.

Thanks for pointing that out.

https://www.destructoid.com/the-next-panzer-dragoon-remake-update-basically-overhauls-the-entire-game-588022.phtml

Hopefully the patch is included in the LRG release. They're usually pretty good about these things. 

FYI everyone, I seen people paying $60 or more on eBay for Blasphemous. Well, it's still in stock at VGNY for $44.99 and they are shipping: https://videogamesnewyork.com/

They also have Death Road to Canada which is no longer available from Play Asia. 

They also also have a bunch more Limited Run and Play Exclusive games, though some are a little more expensive than what you may be able to find on eBay. Blasphemous is definitely cheaper than eBay prices, won't cost more than $50 shipped. Also, all the LRG games at VGNY are Limited Run original variants, not Best Buy. 

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

FYI everyone, I seen people paying $60 or more on eBay for Blasphemous. Well, it's still in stock at VGNY for $44.99 and they are shipping: https://videogamesnewyork.com/

They also have Death Road to Canada which is no longer available from Play Asia. 

They also also have a bunch more Limited Run and Play Exclusive games, though some are a little more expensive than what you may be able to find on eBay. Blasphemous is definitely cheaper than eBay prices, won't cost more than $50 shipped. Also, all the LRG games at VGNY are Limited Run original variants, not Best Buy. 

Blasphemous is one of the best games of 2019 (aka the Before Time), and genuinely cant wait for the LE to finally come out.

On 4/24/2020 at 10:28 AM, ICrappedMyPants said:

I saw that Panzer Dragoon is getting a pretty significant update. I just bought it along with the Jedi Knight dual pack.

Do we know if these repairs from all the rental payors about the digital game will be fixed on the pressed physical release?  I've never bought new from them before but being PD I jumped on the standard one.  I wonder if it will come out on time, or be a classic LRG mess of waiting through delays.  Yeah, I don't trust them or like the business model much but what are you going to do? 😄  I still kind of wish I had Yooka-Laylee but it's hard to pay so high on a game that's often 75% off on GoG.com 😞

6 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Yeah, I don't trust them or like the business model much but what are you going to do? 😄  

Don't trust them? In what sense? They always deliver, it just takes time. I think their business model is near perfect. You pre-order and most of their games now are open orders so you don't have to rush to compete and find out the game you really wanted is sold out! If you just want to play, you can always purchase things digitally. LRG is making games for collectors, and I think it's great...

4 hours ago, avatar! said:

Don't trust them? In what sense? They always deliver, it just takes time. I think their business model is near perfect. You pre-order and most of their games now are open orders so you don't have to rush to compete and find out the game you really wanted is sold out! If you just want to play, you can always purchase things digitally. LRG is making games for collectors, and I think it's great...

Agreed.  If you don't like the business model, explain why.  Their business model has brought hundreds of digital only games into a physical release.  That's a good thing.  End of story.  If you don't like them releasing games that already have physical copies, that's fine (I'm not a big fan of it either), but considering that makes up a small fraction of their published games, that's hardly an excuse to complain about their business model.