IGNORED

The Final Meal

DarkTone

Filet Mignon with garlic butter, garlic mashed potatoes, roasted asparagus. Chocolate milkshake and hot fudge sundae for dessert

If I can go out and eat? Hibachi. It doesn’t travel well though so if I have to eat in my cell than my filet mignon meal. 

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

you all and your steaks 😆

Cowboy cornbread, i know none of you know what that is probably, but mom used to make it, and it was delicious.  Basically ground beef, green chiles, cheese all baked into the cornbread.  

compete bon appetit GIF

That sounds so Midwest. Everything is a casserole haha but also sounds good. I have made a similar thing, but made it like chicken and biscuits. Thick chili layer topped with cornbread and baked. Yum. 

Events Helper · Posted
2 minutes ago, SailorScoutMandy said:

That sounds so Midwest. Everything is a casserole haha but also sounds good. I have made a similar thing, but made it like chicken and biscuits. Thick chili layer topped with cornbread and baked. Yum. 

it is VERY Midwest 😉  also, we ate a lot of casseroles growing up, so ya, that is what i like 😆.  I will share the recipe when I find it, but good luck with replacing the meat and cheese, could try it though.  But it is amazing.  

49 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

20210621_231638.jpg

🤤

We mixed it up and put in some jalapeno cheese, was great!  I also tend to put a sauce on it.......enchilada sauce works well, but now im telling all my secrets 😆

And now you all know why im a fatty!!!!!

That's looks good. I can make that with impossible no issue. 🙂🙂

I also love that the recipe calls for jiffy, we love us some jiffy. Don't even have to look at box for measurements anymore haha. I didn't know for the longest time jiffy was made in Michigan. 

Edited by SailorScoutMandy
Jiffy
  • Like 1

Events Team · Posted
2 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

Because I was thinking the same thing.  How does one properly prepare people meat?  That get like a sauce or something?

Pretty sure you'd have to go with a people steak.  Medium rare.  And I'd like to pick out my own person like you do at Red Lobster.  I mean while we're at it, might as well have the veal people steak.

Oh! And some of those cheesey biscuits like at Red Lobster.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

Administrator · Posted

I couldn't possibly predict what I'd be in the mood for, as my preferences change as to what I'm excited about, but a meal I could get excited about, would be something like:

Appetizer:  Bruschetta with pureed white beans, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and lemon-infused chili-oil

Main Course:  Spicy Thai Curry with Lemongrass, Tofu, and Vegetables

Beverage: Authentic Chai Tea or Turmeric Tea / Golden Milk

Dessert: Flourless Chocolate Torte, or a really well made French Mille-feuille

Yes....this is something I can get excited about!  The best part is, I don't have to be on death's door to have it all. Screw that, I'll just make plans for this meal hah.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

With current health issues, there are so many foods I had to give up and it was abrupt when it happened--I never got a proper good-bye.  Being "sentenced to death" would mean I could forget all that and I could just eat whatever I wanted because it'd all be over in a couple of hours.  So, taste and class aside, I'm ready for this, and I absolutely would ask for everyone one of these as my "last meal".

• Bojangles Chicken. 2 pieces of everything, spicy fries, and a ice cold cans of Mtn. Dew!
  • Medium Rare, legit Black Angus beef hamburger, covered in bleu cheese and hot sauce.  Add a couple thin slices of tomatoes.  Medium Rare may seem gross, but when you're heading out the door, caution be damned!  I actually ordered a medium rare burger once not paying attention as I ordered it like a steak.  110% the best burger I ever had and it completely ruined the burger experience ever since because I don't think I could ever bring myself to order another medium-rare burger.
  • A top-tier, $1,000 steak prepped by Guga of Guga Foods.
  • A cheese board.  Surprise me, but don't be cheap.
  • A glass of 2%
  • A dish my Mom use to make called "Chicken Bog".  It's chicken and rice with various spices.  Nothing special, but it was a favorite, home cooked meal of mine as a kid.
  • An assortment of plain, white breads.  Foccacia, Bagels, Donuts, Texas Toast, Baguettes, etc.  Just give them all to me, and have a bowl of butter.
  • A sushi platter.
  • A Subway platter.
  • Every candy bar and back of chips in a convenient store.
  • A pile of bacon.  I can eat this now, but I'm not going out without at least a strip or two, and I'll probably try it with everything.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RH said:

• Bojangles Chicken. 2 pieces of everything, spicy fries, and a ice cold cans of Mtn. Dew!
  • Medium Rare, legit Black Angus beef hamburger, covered in bleu cheese and hot sauce.  Add a couple thin slices of tomatoes.  Medium Rare may seem gross, but when you're heading out the door, caution be damned! 

I read vertically on this one, and saw "Bojangles Chicken Medium Rare".  I mean, I guess if you're gonna die anyway?