IGNORED

The Final Meal

DarkTone

23 hours ago, RH said:

With current health issues, there are so many foods I had to give up and it was abrupt when it happened--I never got a proper good-bye.  Being "sentenced to death" would mean I could forget all that and I could just eat whatever I wanted because it'd all be over in a couple of hours.  So, taste and class aside, I'm ready for this, and I absolutely would ask for everyone one of these as my "last meal".

• Bojangles Chicken. 2 pieces of everything, spicy fries, and a ice cold cans of Mtn. Dew!
  • Medium Rare, legit Black Angus beef hamburger, covered in bleu cheese and hot sauce.  Add a couple thin slices of tomatoes.  Medium Rare may seem gross, but when you're heading out the door, caution be damned!  I actually ordered a medium rare burger once not paying attention as I ordered it like a steak.  110% the best burger I ever had and it completely ruined the burger experience ever since because I don't think I could ever bring myself to order another medium-rare burger.
  • A top-tier, $1,000 steak prepped by Guga of Guga Foods.
  • A cheese board.  Surprise me, but don't be cheap.
  • A glass of 2%
  • A dish my Mom use to make called "Chicken Bog".  It's chicken and rice with various spices.  Nothing special, but it was a favorite, home cooked meal of mine as a kid.
  • An assortment of plain, white breads.  Foccacia, Bagels, Donuts, Texas Toast, Baguettes, etc.  Just give them all to me, and have a bowl of butter.
  • A sushi platter.
  • A Subway platter.
  • Every candy bar and back of chips in a convenient store.
  • A pile of bacon.  I can eat this now, but I'm not going out without at least a strip or two, and I'll probably try it with everything.

1. Medium rare is normal for a burger, imo.

2. How in the world can you eat all that? 🤣 I would think you'd have one bite each, but you're specifying platters and multiple pieces.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Link said:

1. Medium rare is normal for a burger, imo.

2. How in the world can you eat all that? 🤣 I would think you'd have one bite each, but you're specifying platters and multiple pieces.

No, I couldn't eat it all, but you also have no clue how much I can eat.  I'm a rather slim guy, but I could win tournaments.

I wouldn't want to eat all that anyway, but I would want the option.  It's my last meal, and I'm not missing out.

Regarding "last meals" on death row, I don't much about how it actually plays out, and I'm sure it's different from state to state, but I think many states are actually rather generous.  Sure, they may be ending the life of a homicidal maniac deserving of death, but there's something humane that sort of poetically "rises above" their inhuman nature to give them one last meal of just about whatever they want.

Anyway, in such a scenario I might not get that $1,000 steak, but I imagine if I asked for it, the rest of that stuff would likely show up.

Gonna take a jar of the discontinued Peter Pan Reduced Fat Peanut Butter. In food lingo "reduced fat" means "more sugar, baby!". It was the sweetest, most delicious, probably least healthy peanut butter ever.

T1x88ng.png

I'll top it off with an Entenmann's variety pack. You guys with your steaks. This is the dinner of kings.

5RDg2Yw.png

• Like 2

Graphics Team · Posted

Three bowls of "President's Choice" brand Frosted Shredded Wheat cereal (from the end of the box so I get all the crushed wheat-shreds and excess powdered-sugar). And a Gala apple.

That was my special Friday night dinner in college - it was bliss.

-CasualCart

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

Three bowls of "President's Choice" brand Frosted Shredded Wheat cereal (from the end of the box so I get all the crushed wheat-shreds and excess powdered-sugar). And a Gala apple.

That was my special Friday night dinner in college - it was bliss.

-CasualCart

Jazz apples are the S tier apple but Gala is definitely in the A tier

Graphics Team · Posted
29 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Jazz apples are the S tier apple but Gala is definitely in the A tier

Gala and Ambrosia are usually my favorites. I don't know if I've ever had a Jazz apple before, but now I'm gonna have to hunt some down to verify your ranking haha.

-CasualCart