IGNORED

What are you currently playing?

Reed Rothchild

image.jpeg.082e62ba7488e4ee3dcc5b5899775f82.jpeg

image.jpeg.d1181f8896ae6d826711e170b5ae818d.jpeg

Played some Sonic the Hedgehog 3 last night, in time for its 30th Anniversary. In case anyone's wondering, I played it on my Genesis. Normally, I wouldn't care what platform I play Sonic 3 on (even if it's the Sonic & Knuckles Collection PC version, which I also have). But I decided to play it on the Genesis. I think that was the right thing to do on the day of its 30th Anniversary.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Since it went on sale for 20% and I had some reward points to use, I finally went ahead and got Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster (PS4 of course)...I must say those item, chest, and beastiality trophies are sure gonna be tricky as it can be quite easy to miss one of the missables if you're not careful.

I sure do hope at some point they do offer the GBA's super secret bonus dungeons and superbosses as DLC (with extra trophies to earn of course).  But I'm guessing it's like my late grandpa would say, it's possible but not probable?

Edited by Estil

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

spit-water-water.gif

Yeah, that's exactly how I might be if I find out I missed one and can't get its trophy on that playthrough!  These kind of trophies are a perfect example of "do it right or do it twice"!  And yes this song right here is a perfect description of trying to get these missable trophies!

Edited by Estil
  • Haha 1

I had the day off so I picked up the Mario vs. Donkey Kong remake for Switch and I'm playing it now.  I'm past the first three worlds.  So far it's a nice improvement on the original.  The graphics and sound are fantastic.  The game still has a time limit, but the time taken to complete a stage is no longer taken into account for getting a start for each level.  This means I will probably try and 100% it.  I never tried to 100% the original because each stage had to be cleared in a certain time to get the start, and I lose interest when I'm rushed.  

While I played and enjoyed the original on the GBA, I don't believe I ever technically beat it, which means this game might be another on the list this year of games that I've completed for the first time.  

1 hour ago, Sumez said:

So what are you playing then? 

Clearly, I'm playing "can't post in the right thread 😅"

Did finish Diablo III -- Eternal Edition yesterday. It was... okay. I don't know, just seemed like a let-down after Diablo II, which was released nearly 25 years ago!

• Love 1

On 2/19/2024 at 2:57 PM, avatar! said:

Clearly, I'm playing "can't post in the right thread 😅"

Did finish Diablo III -- Eternal Edition yesterday. It was... okay. I don't know, just seemed like a let-down after Diablo II, which was released nearly 25 years ago!

Diablo 4 is much more in line with the first two games

1 hour ago, fox said:

Diablo 4 is much more in line with the first two games

I heard it's much better. I gave my Diablo III cartridge away, can't see myself playing it again, honestly my character was overpowered and the gameplay was not exciting nor interesting for the most part, and the secrets were far and few between. Also, the plot was a bit wacky, and there were definitely plots holes despite the fantasy setting. If the developers had done a decent job they could have made the game far deeper and worth a second or even third, fourth, go-around. From what I've read, the developers were too busy insuring that they could monetize loot, such as their ill-fated auction house --

GSuDB.jpg

Editorials Team · Posted
27 minutes ago, avatar! said:

From what I've read, the developers were too busy insuring that they could monetize loot, such as their ill-fated auction house --

It's one of the games covered in "Blood Sweat and Pixels," covering that in detail.  Would recommend.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, avatar! said:

I heard it's much better. I gave my Diablo III cartridge away, can't see myself playing it again, honestly my character was overpowered and the gameplay was not exciting nor interesting for the most part, and the secrets were far and few between. Also, the plot was a bit wacky, and there were definitely plots holes despite the fantasy setting. If the developers had done a decent job they could have made the game far deeper and worth a second or even third, fourth, go-around. From what I've read, the developers were too busy insuring that they could monetize loot, such as their ill-fated auction house --

GSuDB.jpg

To be fair, they did dump the real money auction house by the time it hit consoles.  It was pretty easy to get into for some quick drop in/drop out multiplayer.  But yeah there are a host of other issues and a whack story, that make it not really worth replaying.

• Like 1

Modern Warfare III Campaign. I know I know everyone crapped on it but I just had to check it out. Extremely lazy that the campaign now has like Warzone type open maps for the campaign with the same looting mechanics. I don’t think it’s terrible but it’s definitely not what you are used to. There are some of those linear missions as well but the whole thing just feels recycled. 

I did buy Helldrivers 2 but I returned it before I opened it, I’m a one man show when I play games so playing with other people isn’t really for me is what I decided once I got it in the mail. Plus I heard the community is already getting pretty toxic so I’ll pass on that. I might play some team death match on CoD but I definitely won’t play it in a group. 

Edited by a3quit4s

The timing was perfect.  I finished Mario vs. Donkey Kong last night, and the Dark Forces Remaster was released today.

It's very rare for me to buy a digital only game that costs more than $5, but I decided to get this one now and hope for a physical version to be released later.  This game is just way too high on my list of all time favorites that I don't have a great way to play on a modern system.  

I got exactly to the half way point tonight and decided to take a break.  I am loving the game as much as I did when I was a kid.  The remaster is beautiful and true to the original in terms of layout and gameplay.  The controls are obviously completely new since I was used to playing on a PC as a kid, and the PS1 version predated the dual-analog controller.  So this is my very first time playing the game with modern FPS stick controls. 

My only complaint is that the stick controls are a bit too touchy for me, which is making the platforming segments tricky.  The stick controls are adjustable and I've been messing with it, but I haven't found a setting that I'm really happy with yet.  I've also noticed that in some levels that have enemy spawn points for areas that you have to revisit, the newly spawned enemy sometimes jumps around and glitches into a different spot.  It happens rarely, but it's noticeable.  I have not had issue with the audio that some reviewers have brought up, but I've been a little too focused on the gameplay to pay too much attention to the music.  I've only listed enough to know that I remember the basic tunes well and I have a lot of nostalgia for the music.  

For those interested in trophies, it looks like the PS4 trophy list is mainly story based trophies that are unmissable.  I counted maybe 6 trophies that could be missed, but all seem easily attainable.  I didn't see any of the "beat the game on hard with one life" BS, so I should be able to 100% the trophies on my first playthrough.  That of course assumes I'm still capable of completing the game.  Some of the later levels can be hard and I haven't done this in a long time.