IGNORED

What are you currently playing?

Reed Rothchild

So I'm working currently on FF5 and FF6 in the Pixel Remaster group and I just reached a trophy milestone!  I'm already at Level 200 and fairly recently got my 600th bronze (now 611) and now I just got my 100th silver trophy!  SILVER!!  I know you guys probably thought I'd be wanting gold...I changed my mind! 😄 

But you know what, I like collecting REAL silver (pre-1965 dimes/quarters/halves, silver eagles and maples) even better!!

EDIT: @Sumez What are you confused about?

Edited by Estil
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/29/2024 at 1:18 AM, TDIRunner said:

...the Dark Forces Remaster was released today.

Ah cool, I didn't know about this. Gonna need to get this one eventually. I used to love Dark Forces.

Damn, why is my PS4 filled with nothing but '90s games?!

13 hours ago, cj_robot said:

Ah cool, I didn't know about this. Gonna need to get this one eventually. I used to love Dark Forces.

Damn, why is my PS4 filled with nothing but '90s games?!

Ones you can get trophies with I hope!

14 hours ago, Estil said:

Ones you can get trophies with I hope!

Yes lol

I've been playing through Quake, actually, on the PS4. This is the first time I've played Quake past the first episode and I'm loving it.

I usually try to go for all the trophies when I can. Will probably take some time to finish this one, but I'm definitely having fun doing it.

17098312301941607957710528822245.jpg.9af8a26f2f0677051020a9ad7678f9fa.jpgSuper Metroid for the first time! Just defeated Kraid and picked up the Varia suit. It was nice of him to open his mouth frequently so I could land a few super missles right in the sweet spot and take him down on my first try! Now I'm on to explore Norfair since it was too volcanic to explore last time.

I've never sat down and played a metroidvania in a long time. Usually I've felt too intimidated, but this game is as amazing and deserves every amount of praise it has received over the years. I half expected to get lost and not have fun, as I typically prefer linear games. This is an absolute exception to that rule. The secret areas and points of interest are for the most part clearly laid out on the map of each area you download. And the ones that aren't are about as obvious as bombable walls are in zelda. I may even play this to the finish unless I get super frustrated later on my mission to find the remaining metroid.

• Love 1

61nez7-Ed5q-L.jpg

I did play the original Coma, and it was an interesting Korean indie, which is what made it actually worth playing in my opinion. The overall horror elements were well done. However, the mechanics were not great,  and it got old just always hiding from an enemy you could not hurt. The worst aspect of the game was the very ending sequence, where (if memory serves) it was instant death if you did not do everything exactly right. Overall, the first game was about a 6.0 out of 10 for me. So far the sequel is much more interesting and streamlined -- clearly they learned 🙂

Edited by avatar!

On 3/10/2024 at 6:08 PM, avatar! said:

How did you like it? How does it compare to say "classic" JRPGs like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy IV, Grandia etc?

Its a pretty good game and I had fun playing through it.

Its really different from Chrono or FF as the RPG elements are quite light and its more an action rpg.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2024 at 11:23 AM, Kguillemette said:

Super Metroid for the first time! Just defeated Kraid and picked up the Varia suit. It was nice of him to open his mouth frequently so I could land a few super missles right in the sweet spot and take him down on my first try! Now I'm on to explore Norfair since it was too volcanic to explore last time.

Funny to think that if Kraid had just kept his mouth shut, Samus could have have never defeated the Space Pirates.  

It reminds me of Wart from SMB2.  The only thing that can kill him are vegetables, and he keeps a machine in his lair that generates and infinite amount of them.  I feel like if I were Wart, I would get rid of that machine.  I guess people do strange things in dreams.  

• Haha 1

Well, I bit the bullet and purchased the remastered collection of Tomb Raider I, II & III.  As I mentioned with the Dark Forces Remaster, I rarely buy digital only games if they cost more than $5 or $6, but these games were too big a part of my childhood, and playing the exact game again in high resolution graphics has been really nice.  If either of these games get a physical release, I will certainly pick it up.

I started with the original Tomb Raider, and it's been very enjoyable.  Some minor changes were made to add a few TRII features to the original which are nice additions.  They offer both tank controls for those who played them originally, and "modern controls" for people new to the series that don't have the muscle memory.  Unfortunately, despite retaining the tank controls, they are still slightly different from the original, which is throwing me off just a little bit.  Also, the game has small, split second freezes to load when new music starts, or big enemies appear.  This never occurred in the original and is really annoying on such a small game on a modern system.  Still, it's probably worth it for the upgraded visuals and added features.  I'm thinking about trophy hunting for this game.  The developers went crazy with the amount of trophies included.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

Funny to think that if Kraid had just kept his mouth shut, Samus could have have never defeated the Space Pirates.  

It reminds me of Wart from SMB2.  The only thing that can kill him are vegetables, and he keeps a machine in his lair that generates and infinite amount of them.  I feel like if I were Wart, I would get rid of that machine.  I guess people do strange things in dreams.  

Well you know 🙂

Pushing Family Guy GIF