IGNORED

What are you currently playing?

Reed Rothchild

54 minutes ago, DarkTone said:

Any tips? 

When you're rolling, you can't take damage. When someone attacks you and you are familiar enough with their attack animation to know how it will play out, roll into their attack with correct timing, so you can counterattack immediately afterwards.

This is really important for an early boss which will gate off the rest of the game until you get a good feeling for this.

Edited by Sumez

While playing the remastered version of Tomb Raider I, I managed to hit my 1,000th trophy.  I'm not a big trophy collector.  I've only acquired 4 platinum trophies and I've only collected 100% trophies for about 6 or 7 games.  So most of these are just collecting random trophies across multiple games over many years.  However, depending on the game, I sometimes really get into the trophy hunting.  Horizon Zero Dawn and MudRunner were the only two games I can think of that I went out of my way to collect the obscure and difficult to achieve trophies.  The Tomb Raider remastered games have some absolutely insane trophies, so I know I won't get the platinum trophy for any of those games.  

20240318_204931.jpg

Edited by TDIRunner
  • Wow! 1

On 3/19/2024 at 1:55 AM, DarkTone said:

Any tips? 

In general I think the first thing to focus on and level up is your endurance. Also, get the tail-weapon from the first dragon (hit it below the bridge). That weapon will go a long ways. Get magic and use it a lot. The Ornstein and Smough battle is the hardest battle in the game -- it has made many a rage-quit. But, you're probably a ways off from that 🙂

19 minutes ago, avatar! said:

In general I think the first thing to focus on and level up is your endurance. Also, get the tail-weapon from the first dragon (hit it below the bridge). That weapon will go a long ways. Get magic and use it a lot. The Ornstein and Smough battle is the hardest battle in the game -- it has made many a rage-quit. But, you're probably a ways off from that 🙂

I had to fight a werewolf with no weapons, because I have no idea where I'm going. This is the pace I'm going at haha. 

Editorials Team · Posted
51 minutes ago, avatar! said:

200w (3).gif

(he's playing Bloodborne,not Dark Souls)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, DarkTone said:

I had to fight a werewolf with no weapons, because I have no idea where I'm going. This is the pace I'm going at haha. 

Sorry, ignore that, I was in Dark Souls land not Bloodborne 🙂

Sounds like you're at the start in Iosefka's Clinic. You're supposed to lose to the werewolf and then you end up in the Hunter's Dream where you choose a starting weapon, I recommend the saw cleaver but all the weapons are effective. You won't be able to level-up until you make it to the first boss. Honestly, you'll need to explore a bit, collect any blood vials etc but don't be upset if you die and lose your experience, because that will happen until you reach the first boss. The first boss will likely smash you, but again, afterwards you can level up! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, avatar! said:

Sorry, ignore that, I was in Dark Souls land not Bloodborne 🙂

Sounds like you're at the start in Iosefka's Clinic. You're supposed to lose to the werewolf and then you end up in the Hunter's Dream where you choose a starting weapon, I recommend the saw cleaver but all the weapons are effective. You won't be able to level-up until you make it to the first boss. Honestly, you'll need to explore a bit, collect any blood vials etc but don't be upset if you die and lose your experience, because that will happen until you reach the first boss. The first boss will likely smash you, but again, afterwards you can level up! 

I was MEANT to lose?! I thought it was like DS2 and had to keep running. This game is gonna give me more grey hairs 😭

• Haha 1

I'm still playing the Tomb Raider Remaster at about 2 levels per evening.

However, in addition to that, and I can't really explain why, but I just recently got the itch to pull out my old Guitar Hero and Rock Band controllers and start playing those games again.  I forgot how much I enjoyed those games back when it was the big thing.  It's funny how huge that market segment was, and then it became super saturated, and overnight completely fell off the radar.  The games are still a lot of fun, and fortunately, I purchased a bunch of other games in the series, when they were selling for dirt cheap.  Unfortunately, the prices have gone back up, so it's unlikely that I will get any of the other games I'm the missing from the series.  Maybe I will go through the PS2 games and beat those for the Beat the PS2 Library thread.  

20 hours ago, avatar! said:

I heard it's amazing. I've always been a fan of Vanillaware 🙂

Its so good! I was pretty excited about it beforehand just cuz Atlus & Vanillaware but damn! Its like everything i wanted in a strategy rpg. Its like the whole world is an on going Advance Wars style battle. I hope strategy fans don't sleep so we get more of this! 

I'm watching my girlfriend play Fire Emblem Engage along side and that just feels so uninspired compared to Unicorn. As far as the art style an things. Haven't liked the direction Fire Emblem has taken with the last few entries. Feel like they were nailing it on 3ds then it just got goofy on Switch. More silly & cartoony anime style with a less serious tone. Im just not into it as much. Unicorn Overlord nails what i was wanting as far as style & tone... & gameplay & music & everything, lol

Edited by D~Funk
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, D~Funk said:

Its so good! I was pretty excited about it beforehand just cuz Atlus & Vanillaware but damn! Its like everything i wanted in a strategy rpg. Its like the whole world is an on going Advance Wars style battle. I hope strategy fans don't sleep so we get more of this! 

I'm watching my girlfriend play Fire Emblem Engage along side and that just feels so uninspired compared to Unicorn. As far as the art style an things. Haven't liked the direction Fire Emblem has taken with the last few entries. Feel like they were nailing it on 3ds then it just got goofy on Switch. More silly & cartoony anime style with a less serious tone. Im just not into it as much. Unicorn Overlord nails what i was wanting as far as style & tone... & gameplay & music & everything, lol

You're such an enabler 😉

As a huge fan of the FE series, I can honesty say that Engage is a decent game and you get your money's worth for sure, it's a long campaign. BUT, it doesn't have the magic of say the original FE for the GBA, nor is it as exciting as Awakening, and certainly not the same beautiful story as my favorite FE -- Echoes.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2024 at 2:49 PM, avatar! said:

You're such an enabler 😉

As a huge fan of the FE series, I can honesty say that Engage is a decent game and you get your money's worth for sure, it's a long campaign. BUT, it doesn't have the magic of say the original FE for the GBA, nor is it as exciting as Awakening, and certainly not the same beautiful story as my favorite FE -- Echoes.

I really enjoyed Echoes as well! Three Houses was just alright for me. Not very memorable. Haven't played Engage yet. Just been watching the gf play here & there. She's playing my copy.

I have Brigandine, Triangle Strategy & Tactics Ogre lined up after Unicorn Overlord. Haven't played any of those on Switch yet so really wanting to dive into them after playing Unicorn. 

I don't post often, but felt maybe update worthy.  I had a run of odd repetitive luck in the last 6mo about here with Sega Genesis stuff, and I've had a few odd finds with Famicom too, so been largely only doing that with a few pokes at something Switch between.  It has been awhile but I got to a store at the right time yesterday and got a nice stack of 5 NES games, one of them, complete... StarTropics right there even had the letter too.  I've never played that game otuside of a few minutes in chapter1 and it's a little stiff but all in all not bad, I can see the appeal but at the time it was close to SNES and kids save.  Also snapped up Batman Returns, Kickle Cubicle, Monster Party and Laser Invasion.  Never had either of those 2 konami games before and they're quite good too.

Also been fiddling a little with gameboy too, found namco classic (dmg-jp) locally along with prince of persia and another SP (onyx) worth paying for so I snapped those up too and they're in use.  I don't really do images much anymore or report stuff, rather just mess with the stuff when I'm in the mood you know?  Oddly most my time has been with the Genesis, all sorts of stuff found strangely locally, bangers too, not common fluff notably under ePay rates which is a win in my book since I just buy to play at this rate.

• Like 1

I'm now playing through the remaster of Tomb Raider II.  I'm about half way through as of last night.

As with Tomb Raider I, my only complaint is that I wish the controls were the same as the original game.  It's minor enough that I can live with it, but it's still annoying.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, final fight cd said:

Is it hard? How long does a single game take?

A game only takes 20-30 minutes (which is much better than the first one, apparently) but you have to complete 75 out of 130 games. You lose your interest only after about 2 games.

I do have to say it is actually pretty hard, mainly because the outfield absolutely sucks🤣