IGNORED

What are you currently playing?

Reed Rothchild

I've almost finished "We Ski & Snowboard" for the Wii. There's really nothing else like it, and it's been an incredible journey. I've put over thirty hours into it though, so I'm happy it's ending soon.

There's too much to talk about with this game, so I'll just say it's a must own for the Wii. It does what Go Vacation does a lot better, but at the end of the day the original We Ski is still the best of the three games. If you can only pick one, get We Ski. If you want more, play We Ski & Snowboard. As impressive as Go Vacation is, I don't really recommend it due to its ridiculous size and lack of focus.

On 1/24/2023 at 4:14 PM, avatar! said:

One of my favorite games! I thought both DQVII and VIII are masterpieces. About my only complaint in DQVIII is that the final boss is too easy, but not a big deal 🙂
Also, the 3DS version is the definitive version -- minor spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

In that version you can marry Jessica -- much preferable over the horse-princess 🥰

ja.jpg

But the other option just has that quiet, gentle, graceful elegance about her.🥰

Really trying to get into this Xbox360 I picked up a few months ago. I've got it hooked into my classics setup with an old 25" CRT, and every game suffers from blurry, nearly unreadable text/menus/instructions.  So I'm stuck playing Tiger Woods 07 as it's the only one I can figure out.

I suppose a HiDef connection would help, but it's criminal that they would market a console that's compatible with standard def without providing a readable font for such connections.

Graphics Team · Posted

I'm trying to break 1 million in the 5-minute score-attack mode of Blade Buster [NES].

My best run so far is 964,700, which doesn't feel good enough to submit to the VGS leaderboard yet.

I’m worried this might simultaneously ignite a dormant interest in homebrews and caravan-style shoot-em-ups...

-CasualCart

image.jpeg.0a770e801fa846a47dd1dc018f4aff1e.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Been playing TLoZ: The Minish Cap, and have been really enjoying it so far. It's becoming clear to me that instead of trying (and failing) to enjoy the home console Zelda's all these years, I should have just been sticking with the portable ones, which seem to be much more up my alley.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cj_robot said:

instead of trying (and failing) to enjoy the home console Zelda's all these years, I should have just been sticking with the portable ones, which seem to be much more up my alley.

If you haven't played the Oracle games yet, you're in for a massive treat! Literally some of the best Zelda games ever made.

Edited by Sumez
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sumez said:

If you haven't played the Oracle games yet, you're in for a massive treat! Literally some of the best Zelda games ever made.

That's good to hear. I did have one of them (Seasons, I think) back when it was new, but sadly I never gave my GameBoy Color the love it deserved. I'll have to check those out some time.

On 1/31/2023 at 3:47 AM, Sumez said:

All the more reason I hope they get the same sort of Switch remake Link's Awakening got!  And I agree they are really beautiful colorful games, as you'd expect on the Game Boy Color! 😄 

On 1/30/2023 at 5:53 PM, cj_robot said:

Been playing TLoZ: The Minish Cap, and have been really enjoying it so far. It's becoming clear to me that instead of trying (and failing) to enjoy the home console Zelda's all these years, I should have just been sticking with the portable ones, which seem to be much more up my alley.

I really liked how Minish Cap and Wind Waker had you earn trophies of that game's characters and landmarks and such...I would've liked very much if they kept that tradition going in the subsequent Zelda games.

Graphics Team · Posted

Update on my Blade Buster [NES] progress: I reached my goal and scored over 1 million!

-CasualCart

Just now, CasualCart said:

Blade Buster (5 Min Score-Attack) - 1,077,200

Finally broke a million points in Blade Buster!
I cleared the game within the 5-minute limit, but I can't recall if I did it in one life or not.

-CasualCart

image.jpeg.d09b64a98e10fb4de250db3e9946aa29.jpeg

• Like 2

Hogwarts legacy on Xbox Series X. Really enjoying it so far. It’s really true to the world and just having fun exploring, doing side quests, and main missions. Lots of little things to see and find and no real glitches or crashes besides small graphical ones. Hogwarts school is really expansive with much to see and do. Highly recommend for any potter fans and really any fans of sort of RPG games in the sense you don’t put XP into every little facet of your character. Just find new clothes and stuff like that to boost stats. Learning new spells is also well thought out and feels natural as part of the game play. 

• Like 1