IGNORED

Popular series you don't love?

Nintegageo

You mean now? They all suck. But even back in the day when i was into rgps and they still made real games I thought Pokémon was lame.

Now to be perfectly honest I've never actually played any of them but I couldn't possibly be less intrested in that entire "phenomenon".

• Like 3

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City was fun to screw around in for awhile, but playing through the main story in any of those games is just awful.

Pokemon: Yeah, I just can't get into any of those monster catching/training/breeding, life-sucking games.

EaRtHbOuNd: 🤮 What a horribly painful experience. Yeah, oh boy, let's make an RPG in 1995, but erase every single quality-of-life advancement made since the original Dragon Quest. But it will be set in modern times, which is interesting right? And the dialogue, oh golly so adorable! You'll love it so much that you won't mind scrolling through the same twenty-seven pages of text every time you want to save your game! No.

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, cj_robot said:

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City was fun to screw around in for awhile, but playing through the main story in any of those games is just awful.

GTAV has a fantastic story IMO. Give that one a go if you haven’t. If you don’t like it fair enough but it’s actually pretty cool because it’s three stories all coming together.

Spyro. I liked the first one as a kid, charging, flaming, and gliding around was fun. But then they introduce those speedway levels and it felt like an unnecessary distraction. Then Spyro 2 and 3 came along with new characters, skateboarding, hockey, FPS levels, shooter levels, platformer levels, plus a drawn-out story and more hand-holding. Like, just let me play the game! Reminds me of this video: 

• Haha 1

Administrator · Posted

Mega Man series is ok and I enjoy it, but I don't really go out of my way to play them versus other platformers/action games.  It's highly popular series and beloved on NES, and that's cool, but just not in the upper-tier of my personal preferences is all.  

I don't dislike them by any means, but I don't seem to have the same level of love as others.

• Wow! 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Street Fighter, actually most fighters. It's odd, as I really enjoy brawlers.

Then there's the FPS games. Just never saw the excitement towards them.

Finally, anything sports, aside from racing, or the Wii Sports bollocks. I'm not a particularly athletic guy by any means, but I'd much rather play a round of basketball, for instance, than play a fake basketball game on a gaming machine. Same with football (either football), etc. The only exception here is I think I would enjoy the racermate, since it actually works in conjunction with a bike.

• Like 1

Never got into Call of Duty, Gears of War, etc.

I am surprised at how much dislike there is of the Mother/Earthbound series. I enjoyed Earthbound but I could never get into Beginnings due to the sheer amount of grinding that has to be done. Felt like a demake of Earthbound even though it came first. Also, I have not played Mother 3 so I cannot comment on that one.

Edited by ScaryD

i cant get into castlevania because of how slow and stiff he moves. everytime i try to play it i get so frustrated with how slow he is and then the stiff control. jumping and moving up stairs....holy shit man. and the whip is lame.

i cant get into metroid because of the non linear exploration...everytime i try to play metroid i get like 2 minutes in and just give up.

More than I can count. There's something about your typical flagship AAA title, especially modern ones, that I just find myself unable to enjoy. Maybe the over emphasis on realism? Most AAA games that seem to be something to experience rather than just pick up and play? I'm not sure. Really it's mostly been Nintendo titles that have grabbed my attention and given me what I want.

Editorials Team · Posted

Pokemon (always outside the age demographic)

Sonic (never cared for the mechanics)

FIFA (soccer)

Fighting games (as a whole)

Most multiplayer or MMO-driven stuff (massive timesinks without usually having a defined end goal)

Beyond that, I pretty much adore everything.  All genres.  All franchises.  Life is good.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shmup said:

Wow two huge reveals already. Dislike of Sonic, Mario, Castlevania and Metroid! Mind blown!

I don't care that much for Mario or Sonic, either. I don't hate them, but I just don't find them to be OMG SUPER FUN ENJOY USA!!!1 type of games. Even when they were new, I just didn't gravitate towards them that much. I do like Super Mario Bros 2 (US version) on occasion, but I don't go out of my way to play it.

Skinny's nuts. Castlevania and Metroid are awesome. But he's entitled to his (heavily, heavily flawed) opinion. 😛

I also share Spacepup's opinion on Mega Man, though there are a few things I like about the games. They tend to feel a little samey, but I think if you think of the six NES games as one gigantic game, that might not be so bad. 

3 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

i cant get into castlevania because of how slow and stiff he moves. everytime i try to play it i get so frustrated with how slow he is and then the stiff control. jumping and moving up stairs....holy shit man. and the whip is lame.

i cant get into metroid because of the non linear exploration...everytime i try to play metroid i get like 2 minutes in and just give up.

The thing that gets me hung up on Metroid is the shooting the walls and just getting completely stuck w.o any idea of what to do next. 

That whole genre just don't appeal to me. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

The thing that gets me hung up on Metroid is the shooting the walls and just getting completely stuck w.o any idea of what to do next. 

That whole genre just don't appeal to me. 

I also thought this was an extremely unfair and tedious design choice. I got to a point in the game where I just had to shoot or bomb every single wall to progress. It's similar to burning bushes in Zelda but even less fun.