IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

So tell me this since you guys seem know it all...

Is WATA also shill bidding these VGA Call of Duties on Ebay that are part of the reprint set and are worth about 7$ to me...sorry guys but you need to realise that even without any WATA shenanigans things are nuts and its not going to change anytime soon im afraid.

E03378A2-AB1A-475A-BEB3-9F07A9E10FD1.jpeg.e63686cccb760835fd8cca40ff311e11.jpeg89077056-0C0E-45A8-B85D-9EEDEFF4BB31.jpeg.18c8b1fe7700463106f6a3704e6ad828.jpegABAB0357-83E1-4E90-BB6D-F8CC90144930.jpeg.50dd7349bf572152f7f7f5f930ae6f4a.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LifeGame said:

Is WATA also shill bidding these VGA Call of Duties on Ebay that are part of the reprint set and are worth about 7$ to me...sorry guys but you need to realise that even without any WATA shenanigans things are nuts and its not going to change anytime soon im afraid.

E03378A2-AB1A-475A-BEB3-9F07A9E10FD1.jpeg.e63686cccb760835fd8cca40ff311e11.jpeg89077056-0C0E-45A8-B85D-9EEDEFF4BB31.jpeg.18c8b1fe7700463106f6a3704e6ad828.jpegABAB0357-83E1-4E90-BB6D-F8CC90144930.jpeg.50dd7349bf572152f7f7f5f930ae6f4a.jpeg

Pretty sure the first one of these sold for the highest amount on H/A. I remember joking about it with someone.

Edited by Californication

15 minutes ago, Crystalis88 said:

Many people post collectible purchases and achievements in various fb groups, myself included. I suppose someone wouldn’t want to fess up to paying 1.5 mil for Mario 64 and have everyone call you a complete dumbass. Totally understandable.

I think there is a discounting here of people expecting them to show US these items.  For all we know, they do have a group of other wealthy people that they share these games with.  On a Yacht.  In the Swiss Alps.  Because Money.

5 minutes ago, Californication said:

Pretty sure the first one of these sold for the highest amount on Wata. I remember joking about it with someone.

Sorry but no, from what i see on past sales on HA which are available to see,a reprint copy never sold on HA, here are all sales on HA for this title, all first prints with security seal.

Next argument please 🙂

28B4A7E1-321C-4F97-85BB-F84700EA2512.thumb.jpeg.24600e5cff56ea19e0779344bc8365cf.jpeg7D3D9EB9-1D97-480F-A950-66D8C455BDDB.thumb.png.7a6d7796490de1f26cb7ca786e86e82a.png

Edited by LifeGame
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, LifeGame said:

Nah, these aren't first print ones like the Heritage one. I already went looking on the bay when this auction ended and there were none.

1 minute ago, tidaldreams said:

Nah, these aren't first print ones like the Heritage one. I already went looking on the bay when this auction ended and there were none.

I know and you missed my point completely but its all good 🙂

Please Read my post again, i say these arent first prints and worth Jack shit in my opinion but these VGA copies not WATA still sold at auction on EBAY not HA for a ridiculous amount in my opinion, how is WATA and HA involved in this, oh wait they are not...

• Disagree 1

I'm not going to lie, sending some of my sealed games out for grading for a future auction is still tempting at this point when I see some of these results, but that whole $10K minimum value you're required to send to HA really stops me in my tracks.

The thought of making enough to stay at home with little to no interactions with society outside my house until covid is over and done with...if that ever happens....is nice, but it doesn't kill off the paranoia I have that my stuff won't end well.

3 minutes ago, LifeGame said:

Please Read my post again, i say these arent first prints and worth Jack shit in my opinion but these VGA copies not WATA still sold at auction on EBAY not HA for a ridiculous amount in my opinion, how is WATA and HA involved in this, oh wait they are not...

Err, do you not understand how market manipulation works?

You set the scene with a few high profile, widely publicised and earth shattering record setting prices, and then you let the ravenous mob of greedy, ignorant bandwagon jumpers do the rest. You sell into the massively inflated market an make BANK (or in the case of HA and WATA reap massive profits from buyers premiums and grading fees), and make as much money as you can hand over fist before the market tanks.

The idiots jumping on EVERYTHING they can get their hands on is where the money comes from! Once the ball is rolling, all the market originators need to do is keep the hype machine pumping and count their money. These sales external to HA are side effects of the wider craze that they started.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, LifeGame said:

Oh lol. Sorry, it's getting late. Yeah, they aren't worth shit since they probably come from the double packs.

14 minutes ago, WarMech said:

I'm not going to lie, sending some of my sealed games out for grading for a future auction is still tempting at this point when I see some of these results, but that whole $10K minimum value you're required to send to HA really stops me in my tracks.

The thought of making enough to stay at home with little to no interactions with society outside my house until covid is over and done with...if that ever happens....is nice, but it doesn't kill off the paranoia I have that my stuff won't end well.

Just send a pokemon game along with whatever else you're sending and then you'll be golden.

Well, I guess the controversy didn't stop this WATA 9.4 late print (white seal) Nes Super Mario Bros from selling for $102,000 in Heritage's Weekly Auction today. Sometimes any publicity (including bad) can apparently be beneficial.

SOLD ON AUG 31, 2021 FOR:  $102,000.00

Super Mario Bros. - Wata 9.4 A Sealed [Oval SOQ R, Later Production], NES Nintendo 1985 USA....

https://comics.ha.com/itm/video-games/nintendo/super-mario-bros-wata-94-a-sealed-oval-soq-r-later-production-nes-nintendo-1985-usa/a/312135-70043.s?type=bidnotice-tracked-endofauction#

Edited by Dumars2001

21 minutes ago, OptOut said:

then you let the ravenous mob of greedy, ignorant bandwagon jumpers do the rest.

Yeah, the hype train. This reminds me of the GameStop stock rising and falling multiple times. I forgot why it rose in the first place, maybe someone here can chime me in. Pple on tv said the same thing about Dogecoin toppling Bitcoin and it never happened. I regret selling my Ethereum long ago before it went up. That one still stings. 

43 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Err, do you not understand how market manipulation works?

You set the scene with a few high profile, widely publicised and earth shattering record setting prices, and then you let the ravenous mob of greedy, ignorant bandwagon jumpers do the rest. You sell into the massively inflated market an make BANK (or in the case of HA and WATA reap massive profits from buyers premiums and grading fees), and make as much money as you can hand over fist before the market tanks.

The idiots jumping on EVERYTHING they can get their hands on is where the money comes from! Once the ball is rolling, all the market originators need to do is keep the hype machine pumping and count their money. These sales external to HA are side effects of the wider craze that they started.

Welcome to Capitalism. Jesus.  Name any product that doesn’t start with a couple early adopter/influencers followed by the mobs of cash paying/neck-breaking consumers. Rolex, Tiffany, Air Jordans, Gucci. Take your pick. Having people ravenous for a product is not some great evil because at the end of the day, people vote with their wallets. If they get tired of immaculate sealed games and Nike’s made in sweatshops, no amount of influence will change that. 

• Eyeroll 2