IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Double Dragon!

BeaIank

14 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

na, i got a better shitty score, not really sure how to "maximize" my score so i will just play regularly and wait for someone to share how so i know what the fug is up next time 😆

Use headbutts by double tapping the directional button. It's the shittiest move in the game but worth the most points.

Events Helper · Posted
4 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I like low score better myself. It's a lot more fun to elbow everything and it doesn't take nearly as long.

I just tried it and wow.......First off timing is key apparently, i couldn't beat level 2 lol, but ffs, I don't think i could do that too many times and ain't gonna spend a week trying to do so lol

11 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

I just tried it and wow.......First off timing is key apparently, i couldn't beat level 2 lol, but ffs, I don't think i could do that too many times and ain't gonna spend a week trying to do so lol

Yeah, Jeeves. Dougy is right. You will get the rythym after a couple runs of headbutting everyone. And I initially thought the game would be super lame playing it that way, but its not. Its actually way more interesting to juggle because you will lose life even doing it really well. So every level you have to decide at what point in your lifebar you need to take a more conservative approach. You also dont get hearts very fast headbutting all the time, so that becomes a factor too. Stick with it - its fun as hell this way I swear!

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, NESfiend said:

Yeah, Jeeves. Dougy is right. You will get the rythym after a couple runs of headbutting everyone. And I initially thought the game would be super lame playing it that way, but its not. Its actually way more interesting to juggle because you will lose life even doing it really well. So every level you have to decide at what point in your lifebar you need to take a more conservative approach. You also dont get hearts very fast headbutting all the time, so that becomes a factor too. Stick with it - its fun as hell this way I swear!

ya, i noticed i would run into punches a lot......

Just now, docile tapeworm said:

consider it my former double dragon weekley contest champions provisional. i aint here to win, just look pretty.

Lol fair enough. Didnt realize you were the former dd champ. That does give you the right to flaunt in the thread. Recall the approximate winning score?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

You were saying? 😎

i knew it was close i was sweating it cause i was talking shit all week. 

look at those scores are weak i think one of the greats cleared it under 12k or something ridiculous.

but id trade my dd champ for your dp all day

Edited by docile tapeworm
  • Love 1