IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Double Dragon!

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Hello and welcome to the BRAWL AREA, brothers and sisters!

Get your fists ready for it is time for Dragon... Double the dragons even!
Punch your way into the scoreboard following the rules below, martial artists:

• Play as far into your last life as possible.
  • Do not allow yourself to get a Game Over.  If you get a Game Over, your score will not count.
  • Get the highest score possible.
  • If you beat the game, take your picture on the end screen where Billy rescues Marian (you can pause the game here).
  • Any sort of point glitches in the game that can allow you to rack up points are forbidden.  These include, but are not limited to, the weapon point glitch in Level 2 and exiting and re-entering areas (these include the Pink Cave and Blue Cave).  It is also forbidden to exit and re-enter areas to restore your health.  Anyone suspected of using any of these tactics or glitches will have their score disqualified.
  • Point racking will be okay for this contest since there is a timer in the game.
  • Highest score wins.
  • Participation: 10,000
  • GENRE: Beat 'Em Up

There are some special point bonuses that will be applied if a master fighter beats the game:

• If you beat the game on your last life (your life meter says P-0), you get no bonus.
  • If you beat the game and have one extra life remaining (your life meter says P-1), add 10,000 points to your score.
  • If you beat the game and have all your lives remaining (no-deathing the game) (your life meter says P-2), add 20,000 points to your score.

19_Double_Dragon_Sage.png.554057671ec83f

The contest ends Sunday, 08/01/21 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

Events Team · Posted
1st Bearcat-Doug 353,490
2nd mbd39 345,300
3rd NESfiend 224,790
4th PII 222,870
5th Richardhead 120,640
6th Krunch 58,980
7th 0xDEAFC0DE 54,110
8th bertsampson 50,440
9th Dr. Morbis 42,680
10th Murray 40,010
11th Jeevan 26,040

1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

@mbd39, where is the early monster score to crush all our hopes of winning?!

@Richardheadyou must be the best headbutter ever. Crazy how you got that high that early in the game. Presume you are headbutting those big bastards. That's crazy. 

20210725_211240.jpg

Not head butting the Abobos to death.

15 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Not exactly 500k yet. But this should have been so much higher. I had a stupid death to the platforming and still working out the best strats.

A measly 2 Hundi score? ...After almost 24 hours?  It's almost as if mbd39  doesn't wish to beat up punks   ;9

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I bet he's sitting on a 500k score already!

Any recollection of high scores in previous DD contests?

17 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Not exactly 500k yet. But this should have been so much higher. I had a stupid death to the platforming and still working out the best strats.

aEReqsb.jpg

is 500k actually possible? I was assuming he was kidding around. I have no idea how 210 is possible or how Richard is racking that many points midway though mission 3. I wouldn't think 500k is possible, but I wouldn't have thought 210 was either, so worth asking I guess

Edited by NESfiend
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Any recollection of high scores in previous DD contests?

is 500k actually possible? I was assuming he was kidding around. I have no idea how 210 is possible or how Richard is racking that many points midway though mission 3. I wouldn't think 500k is possible, but I wouldn't have thought 210 was either, so worth asking I guess

There were four scores over 230k last time. I remember seeing a YouTube video a while back with a score around 521k, so it is possible.  

• Like 1

103,500       (will not be entering this sauce in the county fair, but it's a place to start)

179,320     (lil more respectable)       

185,350  (still gathering steam...)

222,870      (Shapin' Up)

222,870.png

Edited by PII
  • Like 2

Willy aka Mr. Machine Gun always makes me think of "Cyborg Stan" from American Dad.

Also, Marian is Buff.  I'm surprised she didn't beat down those kidnappin' punks herself...

Fun Fact: In the Double Dragon Manual her name is spelled Marian.  In double Dragon III it is Marion.

Mr. Machine Gun : Stan Cyborg.png

Buff Marian.png

• Haha 1