IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Double Dragon!

BeaIank

3 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I did finish the game with exactly 50,000 points once completely by accident. I haven't tried it myself, but it does appear possible to finish the first level in the 75,000 range.

The Wizard...

It may be possible for you DD guys, but I'll be lucky to hit 50,000 at all.

6 hours ago, PII said:

Am I correct presuming that the repeating levels are fair game?

Also, is backing an enemy into a wall and beating on them considered a glitch or not?

I have been assuming that repeating levels is NOT allowed. 

I have also been assuming that backing the enemy is allowed, but I havent been able to execute it. Tried for 10-15 minutes to figure it out and just drained my life. Got frustrated, started over and said screw that tactic 

12 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I have been assuming that repeating levels is NOT allowed. 

I have also been assuming that backing the enemy is allowed, but I havent been able to execute it. Tried for 10-15 minutes to figure it out and just drained my life. Got frustrated, started over and said screw that tactic 

Pretty sure repeating levels is allowed as long as it doesn't reset your health/timer. Running down the timer to point press is acceptable.  But you can't exit and re-enter areas.

My current score (232k) uses no repeating of levels or backing enemies.

Edited by mbd39

52 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Pretty sure repeating levels is allowed as long as it doesn't reset your health/timer. Running down the timer to point press is acceptable.  But you can't exit and re-enter areas. 

So for example, if you beat up the two big bastards on mission 3, but dont go into the caves, it doesn't reset the timer if you walk right and end up back at the beginning of the level? I was assuming it had to. 

When I was a kid, I didnt know to go into those caves. Was totally oblivious to that. I thought the game only had 3 missions and mission 3 just repeated until it killed you. I thought I had played through second run and got all the way back to those big bastards. That seems like a lot to do without additional time. 

3 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

So for example, if you beat up the two big bastards on mission 3, but dont go into the caves, it doesn't reset the timer if you walk right and end up back at the beginning of the level? I was assuming it had to.

No, that should be fine because it doesn't reset the timer. You just can't exit and re-enter areas to reset your health/timer.

Edited by mbd39
  • Like 1

On 7/26/2021 at 4:59 PM, mbd39 said:

500k might be possible but it won't be me. I got 300k when we played this last time. (No idea what I'll get this week.)

I got a run in before the Reds game. I could probably take a shot at 300k if I had more time, but that's likely all I've got for this week.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

20 hours ago, bertsampson said:

Yeah right.  Before the end of the first level, no doubt.

This was a fun target. I wont win the week or even finish the game. But being a huge wizard fan, 50k on level 1 is cool to see. Couldnt get photo til start of level 2. 

20210727_211917.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted

Placeholder for now, I really don't know much about this game, I do recall playing it though, but not much, as a kid......

TWFDdkC.jpg

What do the hearts do, give you moves???? if i read correctly.......good lord i suck at this game lol

How the absolute fuck can you get 50k on the first stage?  😕

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
7 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

That just means you can go for 320k on your next one!

na, i got a better shitty score, not really sure how to "maximize" my score so i will just play regularly and wait for someone to share how so i know what the fug is up next time 😆