IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Double Dragon!

BeaIank

38 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'd like to break 300k and clear the game. Hopefully I can get enough time before tomorrow night to see if I can do it.

This means you better keep going at @mbd39. It translates to doug is going to play all night and post a 320 score if he gets there or post he didnt have time if he doesnt. 50/50. Keep grinding to be sure 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Headed out to a boring event, but I got this waiting on me when I get back. Probably for naught though. It will take plenty of bud lights to get through the evening

20210731_165747.jpg

Hey that's pretty good. I think I had around 106k starting mission 3 when I got my current score, but I was on fire that run.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Hey that's pretty good. I think I had around 106k starting mission 3 when I got my current score, but I was on fire that run.

Thanks and thats actually really good to know. I cant do the trapping chick in the corner thing. Was wondering how much it was hurting, but I guess not much. Ive cleared a 100 there a few times and that time I left 70 seconds on first boss clock. Still not great at avoiding getting hit racking points on him. 

You dont have to worry about any competition from me though. Just hoping to clear 200k. I suck at level 4 and that aint changing in 24 hours

42 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Thanks and thats actually really good to know. I cant do the trapping chick in the corner thing. Was wondering how much it was hurting, but I guess not much. Ive cleared a 100 there a few times and that time I left 70 seconds on first boss clock. Still not great at avoiding getting hit racking points on him. 

You dont have to worry about any competition from me though. Just hoping to clear 200k. I suck at level 4 and that aint changing in 24 hours

Translation: 400k score incoming.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm done for tonight so I can watch the Reds game. I might give it another shot in the morning.

I bet 4 or 5 games. Meant to have reds in there and missed that one, so they will get the W tonight and chap my ass. As far as the 400k, I really will be lucky to clear 200, but appreciate the vote of confidence!

2 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I bet 4 or 5 games. Meant to have reds in there and missed that one, so they will get the W tonight and chap my ass. As far as the 400k, I really will be lucky to clear 200, but appreciate the vote of confidence!

I haven't bet anything recently. Maybe I should get back into it while they're winning. I imagine that breaking 400k would take a borderline perfect run and I really don't have the patience for that.

8 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I haven't bet anything recently. Maybe I should get back into it while they're winning. I imagine that breaking 400k would take a borderline perfect run and I really don't have the patience for that.

Your reds and my tigers have been the best + money on the sheets recently. 

On 7/27/2021 at 5:29 AM, Bearcat-Doug said:

I haven't tried it myself, but it does appear possible to finish the first level in the 75,000 range.

Wasnt far off and what a photo finish. Someday I have to learn how to finish the damn game, but thats not the worst thing to have on a to do list

20210731_221908.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Wasnt far off and what a photo finish. Someday I have to learn how to finish the damn game, but thats not the worst thing to have on a to do list

20210731_221908.jpg

That's a great score. You could probably get a world record run in if you were able to keep that pace up for the entire game.

• Thanks 1