IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Double Dragon!

BeaIank

Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

Wow! Good job!!

I left a bunch of points on the table too. I didn't loop any of the caves and I played it safe in some sections. I can see how Tom got over 400k. I still managed to start the final area with 310k.

Just now, mbd39 said:

I left a bunch of points on the table too. I didn't loop any of the caves and I played it safe in some sections. I can see how Tom got over 400k. I still managed to start the final area with 310k.

I can see how it's possible, but I doubt I could break 400k. I'd be happy with 350k since that's about where I should have been on my last run.

2 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I even got hit by a couple wall blocks so I thought that would kill the run. Thankfully it was still okay.

I remember in that 521k video where the guy burned his extra lives in that section. I can usually make it past the blocks without getting hit, but I don't think I'd want to risk looping that area.

Just now, Richardhead said:

I can only assume you are using the same ones from 2018. 
This is the video you posted right ?

I don't think I used any of the strats from that video other than headbutting enemies. I'm also not using the same strats that I used in 2018. I switched to higher scoring ones.

1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I can usually get the enemies to cooperate without much trouble. The Linda at the end of Mission 3 seems to be the most stubborn about getting into position.

You mean mission 2?

What I do in the first two missions is keep kicking a Linda while holding the whip.

3 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

You mean mission 2?

What I do in the first two missions is keep kicking a Linda while holding the whip.

You can back up the last one left at the end of Mission 3 to the edge of the platform and punch away like at the 30 minute section of the video, but that one seems stubborn about getting into position.

5 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

You mean mission 2?

Why does holding a whip matter? More points? I was kicking a linda until clock ran all the way down using the same strategy used on the first boss on video rich posted. Up 2 steps, kick, down 2 steps kick, rinse repeat. 

Just now, NESfiend said:

Why does holding a whip matter? More points? I was kicking a linda until clock ran all the way down using the same strategy used on the first boss on video rich posted. Up 2 steps, kick, down 2 steps kick, rinse repeat. 

I don't think it does outside of keeping them from getting it. I didn't bother picking the whip up either.

3 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I don't think it does outside of keeping them from getting it. I didn't bother picking the whip up either.

In the first mission it's just to keep them from getting it. Second mission it's to not accidentally do the hair grab.